Vampire: Bloodlines

Darque

Speaking of combat... I still need to try a hand to hand Gangrel. :unsure:

They wouldn't need weapons when they can tear you apart with their claws. :devil:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I do still use the Katana at times towards the end of the game, such as in the Hallowbrook Hotel. Mostly because of the ability to stealth kill.

I use the katana during that also. It doesn't make sense to use a ranged weapon in close quarter fighting. Unless it was the pump shotgun, which would blast them back from you.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I like katana stealth kills. The baseball bat stealth kill is funny with the cheering going on.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

• 1 month later...
At the same time, it was in Hallowbrook Hotel that I came to the conclusion that the Glock was a pretty darned effective gun.

I find that I use the Glock more than any other weapon, and only bring out the Deserteagle or Flamethrower if I need to cause more damage... :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I not 100% convinced this is the case; first off in real life, breasts still have some movement even in a bra. Having tried out a fair number of the different models in the game, and a number of those have a bounce that is consistant with being in a bra AFAIK (ie theres a bit of bounce across the top to indicate breast movement while "restrained" in the bra). I can't remember all of the ones that fit this, but Therese has some bounce, but is clearly supposed to be wearing a bra and one of the Chinatown models as well.

This is also born out by looking at the odd way certain models deform under the "money x" code. The ones that don't change at all under this code are the breasts that don't move at all. Amid those that do respond to the money x code, the level of "bounce" is different as well; the malkavian and Rosa has a bit of "swing" and bounce, some (like one of the Chinatown models I mentioned earlier) has just a minor bit of bounce, one of the "stripper" models rolls around like a pair of loose cumquats and so on.

So it raises the question why some are bouncy and others aren't.

Tell me again about this not being a fixation.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yeah the Malkavian dialogue is pretty fun, although I find myself trying to decipher the dialogue as sometimes I can't even make sense of it (sometimes I just pick whichever dialogue choice seems the funnest!)

The Malkavian dialogues have a number of oWoD in-jokes.

You know, I never finished this game... But no, must finishe Fallout 2 first.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I not 100% convinced this is the case; first off in real life, breasts still have some movement even in a bra. Having tried out a fair number of the different models in the game, and a number of those have a bounce that is consistant with being in a bra AFAIK (ie theres a bit of bounce across the top to indicate breast movement while "restrained" in the bra). I can't remember all of the ones that fit this, but Therese has some bounce, but is clearly supposed to be wearing a bra and one of the Chinatown models as well.

This is also born out by looking at the odd way certain models deform under the "money x" code. The ones that don't change at all under this code are the breasts that don't move at all. Amid those that do respond to the money x code, the level of "bounce" is different as well; the malkavian and Rosa has a bit of "swing" and bounce, some (like one of the Chinatown models I mentioned earlier) has just a minor bit of bounce, one of the "stripper" models rolls around like a pair of loose cumquats and so on.

So it raises the question why some are bouncy and others aren't.

Tell me again about this not being a fixation.

The Malkavian had a lot of bounce to her. :sorcerer:

Those perverts.

2010spaceships.jpg

At least they are not nude. There are nude mods, something I never understood. Who wants to look at a naked pixelated character? :sorcerer:

Speaking of mods, too bad they can't mod the game to bring in new areas of LA or quests. That would be cool if they could.

2010spaceships.jpg

Speaking of mods, too bad they can't mod the game to bring in new areas of LA or quests. That would be cool if they could.

Like this: :sorcerer:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/vampire...s/map/2768.html

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Speaking of combat... I still need to try a hand to hand Gangrel. :brows:

They wouldn't need weapons when they can tear you apart with their claws. :woot:

Exactly. :)

Unfortunately, most Gangrel Disciplines suck. Fortitude is alright, with Protean and Animalism being peripheral curiosities most of the time. Being given a +5 to Frenzy would be nice if it didn't meant losing control of the character. Also, Protean claw damage is off the wall since it often sends enemies flying across the screen with just one blow, rendering combos useless.

Gangrel seem to require an awful amount of point investment to become good at combat. Still, War Form (Protean 5) + Bloodsuckers' Communion (Animalism 4) + Potence 5 = was that a boss I just instakilled? Then again, Potence 5 is terribly expensive and doesn't bring that many advantages that Blood Buff wouldn't bring. Plus, if you sacrifice some Humanity and manage to Frenzy against bosses or through areas crawling with enemies (like the sewers) it pays off in combat... Though dialogue suffers a bit with this.

Hated that my ghoul got killed and I wasn't able to do anything about it. And I think that sums up one of the things that ultimately annoyed me about the game; the fact that it seems like most of the game is about giving you the illusion of choice without actually making your choices matter until the very end of the game. It seemed silly to be stuck working with the Camarilla when my character would have probably ditched them early on.

Not saying it wasn't fun and I imagine the time it'd have taken to built up proper paths for all the choices would have been monumental, but ah well.

I did like Hollywood and Chinatown, although I felt like Chinatown needed more to it than there was. Seemed like there was hardly any side stuff to it.

You can "save" Heather, in the sense that you can either ignore her suffering while she is in the Santa Monica hospital, or you can feed her blood but later tell her to get lost when she talks to you outside Ventrue tower.

Also, players are not exactly working for the Camarilla - they're working for the Prince. A subtle distinction at first, but there is one moment during the game where you can show allegiance (or a bit of a bent) towards the Anarchs or the Camarilla by deciding what to do wit the Golem. If you tell Issac that Maximilian created the Golem, you are effectively locked out of Strauss' haven, as well as being cut off from ever getting the Camarilla ending. Helping Strauss maintain the Golem's origins a secret, you can later join up with the Cam after dealing with the Prince.

I think the shifts in allegiances unfortunately came too late in the game. Like you, there were several instances where I felt more in tune to what the Anarchs had to say and was wondering why I'd have to serve that bloodsucking eurotrash instead of hanging out with Niles. I also dislike how the game places characters on my path which suggest I join them -

such as Bishop Vick and the Tzimische

- but then the dialogue choices are all ten different ways of saying "up yours". Then again, the Prince was pretty much the authority all vampires had to respond to in one way or the other so it's understandable that fledlings had to dance to his tune.

Well, that's not very hard to achieve considering most Fallout 2 party NPCs barely have a story and dialogue at all.

One of the things I feel helped set the personality for Bloodlines' characters was the voice acting. Troika seemed to get the right voice actors for the game, unlike in their past titles.

Well, that's not very hard to achieve considering most Fallout 2 party NPCs barely have a story and dialogue at all.

One of the things I feel helped set the personality for Bloodlines' characters was the voice acting. Troika seemed to get the right voice actors for the game, unlike in their past titles.

I realize that, but as I'm playing both of them at once, the contrast is striking.

It's a combination of technology, strong voice acting, and great writing, but the NPCs, even the minor ones, in Bloodlines feel far more real than those in other games. The paranoid druggy behind the bulletproof glass, Burtrum Tung's far too eager ghoul, Heather, and Mercurio all have their own personality, but they all feel like WoD characters as well.