Michael Myers Vs Jason

The Shape

But are they of similar style, as Darque put it?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I don't see Darque's comment as saying the two Alien styles are really similar. Just that Alien series type suspense is more her 'thing' than Halloween etc.

I agree that the 1st Alien was more sci-fi horror and the other more action - but both had the same kind of constant building never-let-up suspense imo. The first made me a lot more anxious/antsy sitting through it the first time, however. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"Short, controlled bursts. Aim for the head."

Never has an action movie been better.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Aliens was the best. The Space marines kick ass.

Pssh. Aliens was what everybody thought Alien was going to be, guns a-blazin' versus big, scary aliens. Alien turned out to be considerably better than that. A bunch of blue-collar corporate slaves versus a single creature that they weren't prepared to combat. It was very Lovecraftian, very dystopian. And the DVD commentary is the best I've ever heard.

Alien/Aliens is more my style.  :ph34r:

This throw anyone else off? Alien and Aliens have entirely different style and feel to them. One's a claustrophobic horror movie and the other is THE template for sci-fi action.

I'm not allowed to like both? :thumbsup:

I don't see Darque's comment as saying the two Alien styles are really similar. Just that Alien series type suspense is more her 'thing' than Halloween etc.

LC for the win! :p

Aliens showed me the awesomeness that is Michael Biehn and Bill Paxton.

Michael... >_<

Paxton was hilarious...spittle flying everywhere as he ranted...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sorry got to disagree with both of you.

Alien is a fantastic Horror movie.

Aliens is a fantastic Action Horror movie.

It's not the same thing. :blink:

So, which style do you like more then?

kirottu said:

Both.

Otherwise I'd have just listed one of the two. :blink:

I like both styles equally.

While on the other hand, I'm not so keen on slasher horror or psychological horror for example.

I like horror movies that either build tension slowly (like alien) or give it to you with a lot of action (like aliens)