Kotor

K1 is bull, total bull.

And I still haven't played the second one. 50 euros from a SW game doesn't exactly tickle my fancy.

I bought my copy(K2) from huuto.net for a mere 19

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The reason I stayed beyond Kotor2 is because the people here actually have interesting converstations about "stuff."

On Kotor/Kotor2 - Since I played Kotor2 first and loved it so much, I found it difficult to 'get into' the first one, since it felt like pretty much the same game. I suppose if I'd found them in reverse (proper) order, it might've gone the other way around. :shifty:

Same game in some ways but I found the story of Kotor 1 to be developed better compared to the second one. Kotor 2 had better character development but Kotor 1 had better "romances" that piqued your interests.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I hear people say that a lot re: the story. From what I can tell, it seems it's probably so. I don't pay much attention to the story while playing, so it doesn't tend to be the thing that sucks me in. Seomtimes...but not usually.

Update on hubby: He's obsessed. Non-stop playing all week. Not because it's the best game ever, either - that's just the way he plays games. Like me. Which is why I luv him so. Last I knew he was infiltrating the Sith Academy or something. :o

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Obsessive-compulsive? :blink:

I get that way at times. When I bought BG2 I played it on a Saturday starting around 8PMish and did not realize what time it was until it was 3AM. Games can make you lose yourself into them. ;)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Guest The Architect
I have no earthly idea why anybody would say that KOTOR2 is more coherent than KOTOR.

My mistake. :"> 'Detailed' is the word I'm looking for, not 'coherent'. However, only the first 75-80% of the plot of KotOR II was IMO more 'detailed' in terms of writing than what it was in KotOR.

Edited by The Architect

• 2 weeks later...

What annoys me with K2 is that it is "pseudodeep".

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Because it pretnds to try to be deep. It's like a 12 year old geek using big words trying to sound smart or deep when they really don't udnerstand it. KOTOR2's 'deepness' comes off as fake; not wise. Kreia is the biggest tool for this.

Her constant splattering of her 'wisdoms' is away for her (and, the devs) to yell out," Look at me! I'm being very philosophical! I am THA smrt!" I literlaly roll my eyes at her.

Play PST, and KOTOR1 for examples of 'wise old characters' who actually come off as wise instead of 12 year old wannabes.

KOTOR2's story is not deep. It's not shallow either comapred to most games. It's just there. Just like KOTOR1.

Both games are fun with intersting character, stories, and quests (for the most part); but are not deep for the moost part. The series, as a whole, are way overrated.

:geek:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I like K2 more than K1, however neither game is in my top 10 list.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Thanks Volo, I was going to say one word: Kreia. You explained it and in other ways that answer could mostly be mine too. :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Because it pretnds to try to be deep. It's like a 12 year old geek using big words trying to sound smart or deep when they really don't udnerstand it. KOTOR2's 'deepness' comes off as fake; not wise. Kreia is the biggest tool for this.

Her constant splattering of her 'wisdoms' is away for her (and, the devs) to yell out," Look at me! I'm being very philosophical! I am THA smrt!" I literlaly roll my eyes at her.

Play PST, and KOTOR1 for examples of 'wise old characters' who actually come off as wise instead of 12 year old wannabes.

KOTOR2's story is not deep. It's not shallow either comapred to most games. It's just there. Just like KOTOR1.

Both games are fun with intersting character, stories, and quests (for the most part); but are not deep for the moost part. The series, as a whole, are way overrated.

:p

She wasn't that wise considering you know she is an enemy from the get go.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

IMO, why Kreia deliberately chose to use difficult words and ramble about the nature of the Sith and the Jedi alike, was just a way to point out her insanity and her character. And that made her interesting.

Her being evil from the start wasn't a plot-twist at all, atleast i never interpreted that it was supposed to be a shocker. The plot wasn't deep or complex either, it was simply a personal journey for the Exile, and that's were it succeeded with great use of skills in conversation, influence and so on.

Finally, The 'complex'-part is just buzzword created by the reviewers, unable to write something with actual content in order to satisfy the ADHD-generation of subcribers of their magazines.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy