PC Gameplay October Edition Presentation of NWN2

Narration: Dutch

Lenght: 17 min 15 sec

Download size: 206MB

Link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/34980265/NWN2PCGmovie.rar.html

>_<

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

What I watched, battle animations still suck. I hope that's not very new video

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

SPOILER ALERTS! SPOILER ALERTS! SPOILER ALERTS!

1. Graphics look great.

2. Animations - espicially combat animations - look horrid. NWN1's animations were awesome no matter what Hades makes up. NWN2 has some of the worst combat animations I have ever seen.

3. The dwarf character is cool with great voice acting. A wannabe monk though...

4. The tiefling girl has some funny lines ("does this make me a maiden in distress? I hope not, I hate thise women", lol); but a rather annoying voice. She sounds like she's 9 years old.

5. Saw the 'death' and 'return' dilemma. *puke*

6. Game runs smoothly.

7. Variety of backdrops.

8. Character creation, of course, is stellar.

9. The writing seems to be solid though quality isn't perfect.

10. Troll seems to be killable only by fire.

11. Troll is awful. Is that REALLY how 3.5 trolls look like? Gah. Awful.

12. Music is overall nice with tracks from NWN1 and some new ones.

12. Cant wait 'til the game is released!!!

:):):)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yes, the game looks great...but it flows horrendously. Now I'm just waiting for someone from Obs to come in and say this build is from like July.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

More than likely this was made prior tot he new animations. Besides, let us judge the game on the final released product and not movie demos. Also I think that the really fancy combat animations should be reserved for characters who are experienced. A novice adventurer would at most know how to do is the basic sword thrust. and swing, if that much.

Edited by Judge Hades

Not that this implies to us since we're all buying the game anyways no matter what... but, how else does a descerning customer determine what game (or any product) to purchase?

By videos, previews, reviews, and the like.

So, no, I will judge the game based on the information we have access to.

Period.

"Also I think that the really fancy combat animations should be reserved for characters who are experienced."

Agreed; but that's not the problem. In the Aurora Version1, and IE, lots of that empty space between swings was taken up with 'false swings' to make the combat seem more real and flwoing. Here, that spac eis just dead empty hence the boredom.

Bad.

Edited by Volourn

That was awful.

1. The voice acting is terrible, it sounds very annoying and generic.

2. The dialogue lines are very short... Probably in order to limit the costs of voice acting. There doesnt seem to be much input from the player in the dialogue and there are very few options.

3. Zooming in to the characters during dialogue was a REALLY, REALLY stupid idea since the faces of the characters dont show any emotion and look blank except for a mouth moving up and down. The characters also arent doing many hand gestures etc.

4. The combat animations are downright awful. The death animations are particularly horrible. The death animations normally play a second or more after the final blow is delivered, and they just seem to topple over regardless of the method of death. The blood fountains look like firecracker explosions.

The game is gonna suck... No eye candy, no ear candy and no hardcore roleplaying either.

Checking out the NWN2 forums @ BioWare I found a post with screens of the same build (by some Korean NWN2 communuity). THEY claim it is the "Sept 16" build

1 MONTH after the combat animations were "done" according to J.E. Sawyer.

May I start to fear?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Checking out the NWN2 forums @ BioWare I found a post with screens of the same build (by some Korean NWN2 communuity). THEY claim it is the "Sept 16" build

1 MONTH after the combat animations were "done" according to J.E. Sawyer.

May I start to fear?

How do you know that the screenshots and the movie are from the same build? I can't find the red warning caption at the screenshots.

Edited by funcroc

Assumptions? It's not assumptions. It's educated guesses. As far as we cna tell, combat animations suck. Obsidian has to prove this is no longer the case; not the other way around. Not that they are worried since 99.9% of us ar ebuying the game, anyways, so our opinions don't matter on this issue. :D

"Guesses, educated or not, are assumptions."

Not assumptions. It's based off of actual video of the game.

Game has 1 month (actually 2 weeks before going gold barring postponement) before release.

I'll take this cvideo at its word unless another video DISPROVES it.

This is the video that Obsidian decide to give to Atari who decided to give it to the press.

You suggesting that Obsidian/Atari are trying to sabatoge themsleves (though NWN2 is pretty unsabatogable)? WOW! Chances are they actually like the combat animations. :p"

WOW! Chances are they actually like the combat animations. :p"

Pretty much. How many times have we seen footage or screens of a game this close to release that weren't representative of the final product?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Pretty much. How many times have we seen footage or screens of a game this close to release that weren't representative of the final product?

Indeed. What i want to know is: who gives a **** about combat animations? I always figured games were about more then simple eye candy. Besides, despise all effords for cinematic effects and automatic close ups (which i hope to god can be disabled) this is an isometric game at heart. You are not going to find third person quality animations.

What i'm really worried about is the campain and the gameplay. Those were the main problems with NWN and it doesn't seem they went out of their way to improve on either.

Edited by Lyric Suite

Indeed. What i want to know is: who gives a **** about combat animations?

It's not combat animations, per se. It's the loss of a feature(s) as a whole that is worrisome.

I am not worried about the game play.  Being able to have a full controllable party as in IE games will be a big improvement over NWN 1. 

I don't see any indication of that. Yes, you can take direct control of your characters, but do you actually have full control (inventory access, spell book, ecquipment ect.) or it is only limited in moving them around and attacking? Can you use your mouse, control more then one, make formations, stuff like that?

As for the story, it couldn't be worse than the OC in the first NWN.

That's not eactly reassuring. :p

Edited by Lyric Suite

It's not combat animations, per se. It's the loss of a feature(s) as a whole that is worrisome.

Mmmh, it's been years since i played NWN. What exactly did they remove?

The combat animations (since that's what's being discussed here) in NWN were fluid and much more than:

Character attacks

Character stands there

Character attatcks

Character stands there

ad infinum

Sometimes they blocked, dodged, ducked, etc. Even BG had faux combat animations, and that was an old 2d game.