Mass Effect Interview

Volourn

Why do all the interview questions pretty much go "why are you so awesome" or "here, let me ask a question so broad you can say anything you want"?

From what I've seen (video-wise) of combat it looks like standard FPS with a few variations, and generally I'm expecting a game with a mediocre, uninspired (but well-polished and overall decent) story and gameplay reminiscent of their recent games. I'm also getting a sense that ME, or at leas thte first installment, is going to be fairly driven... not sure if my brain has any actual facts to base that impression on, though.

WHo knows, they could make it so that it could be part of the Vista launch to help push sales of that OS.

Yup, wouldn't surprise me at all. Bioware, the lapdogs of mighty Microsoft.

That, combined with the fact that Mass Effect is possibly the most ambitious game in development today, means that we've taken on quite a challenge. So to hit the extremely high quality bar that we've set for ourselves, it means lots of late nights and a big team of extremely bright people.

They sure like to compliment themselves, don't they?

Anyhow, the game is sounding extremely cool, if they make it all work. They're developing one part of space simulators that I've always found lacking: planet exploration. In every game I've ever played that took place in space, you're kind of stuck on your spaceship. Sure, you can almost always dock on some weird looking spacestation dangling around a planet, but you can never continue down to the surface of the planet and keep exploring that. Most often, you can't even explore the spacestation either, you just get a screen where you trade goods, upgrade your ship etc.

I love how Mass Effect seems to be treating the openendedness of the game. I really, really hope they pull this ambitious project off and that it doesn't end up being a huge game with lots of really shallow gameplay bits. That's the danger in trying something of this scope.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"From what I've seen (video-wise) of combat it looks like standard FPS with a few variations"

Except the fact the combat is stat based...

"Bioware, for the most part, are full of developers who believe their own press. Don't want to point out that they are often very wrong in thier designs. It will get you banned and a number of them hold grudges."

And? Developers should be egotistical. I'd rather that than one that is unsure of how good they are. If you are good, and you know it; be proud of the fact.

As for grudges, big deal. They aren't the only devs who hold grudges or people for that matter.

And, no, they don't ban people for disagreeing with them. They ban people (usually) for trolling, and flaming.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Check http://masseffect.bioware.com/! Completely re-designed with new infos!

Also check a new Gamespot preview!

:cool:

faaank juuuu.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

O...M...G...

This game is sounding more and more like Star Control

This is the kind of game I've been waiting for-ever for ^_^

That's better.

Hell, if it wasn't solely for the 360, I'd actually entertain the thought of buying it. Sounds pretty good.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

"This will just be... more awesome."

ME sound slike the kind of game KOTOR should have been. It's taking all of KOTOR good stuff (hopefully) like story/character quality and adding a wortwhwhile comabt system, full exploration, and vehicles to drive around!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Kotor was good. It was still overrated, though as was the sequel.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If I can get a X Box 360 under a $100 and I get a HDTV set then I will get it. From what I have heard the X Box 360 isn't much better than a X Box unless you have a HDTV set. More than likely though I will be waiting for the PC version.

I have no desire to own a HDTV. I don't even use the TV I got.

Edited by Judge Hades

If I can get a X Box 360 under a $100 and I get a HDTV set then I will get it.  From what I have heard the X Box 360 isn't much better than a X Box unless you have a HDTV set.

You can't play Mass Effect (or Dead Rising :p for that matter) on a normal Xbox...

....so....

....point not found. :)

Hades is wrong because it isn't worthless to get an X-Box 360, because you need the X-Box 360 to play X-Box 360 exclusive games. So it's not worthless.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.