Cartoons

Dark_Raven

Turkish television mid-80's to mid-90's. These are the ones I used to like most; in no particular order:

Voltron

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

The Smurfs

Clementine

Les Mondes Engloutis

Rahan

La Linea

Bravestarr

The Real Ghostbusters

Ninja Turtles

Robotech

Richie Rich

Marco

Harlem Globetrotters

Transformers

Yakari

A whole bunch of soccer-themed Japanese cartoons of which the names completely elude me.

Abner the Baseball (No there's no baseball played in Turkey: Yet every person between the ages 20-30 should know this little flick by heart, as it was filler material between shows on the only existing tv channel.)

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Denver

Several French cartoons with 'didactic' purposes as to introducing to kids historical, scientific etc. themes.

Roadrunner

The whole WB enterprise

Disney likewise

ditto, for Hanna-Barbara

Woody Woodpecker

Thundercats

Popeye

Inspector Gadget

Hong-Kong Phooey

Red-Kid (which is the alias for Lucky Luke here)

Asterix

Casper

Heidi

Viki the Viking

The Pink Panther

Calimero

Nils and the Flying Goose

Maja the bee

Edited by Raymond Luxury-Yacht

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

Also watch/watched:

Conan TAS

Starcom

Visionaries

Tale Spin

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

New Adventures of Johnny Quest

James Bond Jr

Eek The Cat

Freakazoid

Invasion America

Tiny Toon Adventures

Animaniacs

Pinky and the Brain

Histeria!

The Oblongs

Futurama

Simpsons

Family Guy

Galaxy Rangers

Beetlejuice

Alvin & the Chipmunks

Captain N the Games Master

C.O.P.S.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

Popples

Fluppy Dogs

My Pet Monster

Duck Tales

Quack Pack

Goof Troop

Ok I'll stop now.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My original favorite was the Phantom cartoon strip.

"The Phantom is a comic strip created by Lee Falk (also creator of Mandrake the Magician), recounting the adventures of a costumed crime-fighter called the Phantom. The series began with a daily newspaper strip on February 17, 1936, which was joined by a colour Sunday strip in May of 1939; both are still running as of 2006, although Lee Falk has passed away, and the newspaper comics are now written by Tony DePaul and drawn by Paul Ryan (daily strip) and Graham Nolan (Sunday strip). Previous artists on the newspaper strip include Ray Moore, Wilson McCoy, Bill Lignante, Sy Barry, George Olesen, Keith Williams and Fred Fredericks.

The Phantom is credited as being the first "costumed superhero", i.e. the first crimefighter to wear the skintight costume attributed to comic book superheroes. Previous fictional crime fighters, such as Zorro and Doc Savage, were not designed especially for newspaper comic strips or comic books."

:blink:

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Does anyone remember Pirates of Dark Water? I remember it being sweet, although the fog of youth may have something to do with that judgment.

I remember the concept being cool, but the main character looked like a girl

Devastatorsig.jpg

Anyone remember "Rahan, fils des ages farouches"? Apparently a new version is in preparation, and there are news of a movie under way; though the cartoon will likely be broadcast in France alone.

I would watch it everyday. I still sing the theme song once in a while. It was an interesting show, educational and entertaining but the comic was even better.

I would watch it everyday. I still sing the theme song once in a while. It was an interesting show, educational and entertaining but the comic was even better.

You must have sought this one out, no doubt; but I'll post it for general reference:

Rahan - Intro with lyrics

As for 'educational', I completely agree: I think many European cartoons of the 80's [i know Rahan has a much longer history as a comic book] were culturally responsible, featuring anthropological, historical, etc. themes in ways that would be appealing to kids. I have such 'themes' in mind, as adventures taking place in places as diverse as Native American or Viking tribes, the Swiss countryside, in early Stone Age communities, or the Spanish conquest of the Americas.

Today's cartoons by contrast seem to care for nothing but selling more toys and video games!

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

If Adult Swim doesn't pick it up I'll be basically the saddest man in the world. 

I'm pretty certain they've already picked it up:

On June 18th, Adult Swim ran a bumper announcing Korgoth was officially picked up as a series. No information has been released as to when the show will begin to air new episodes.

And I know what you mean, homes:

Korgoth Of Barbaria Episode 1,

Part 1

Korgoth of Barbaria is the name of an American animated television series created by Aaron Springer, the storyboard artist of SpongeBob SquarePants. The pilot episode first aired in the United States on June 3, 2006 at 12:30 AM (EST) on Adult Swim. On June 18th, Adult Swim ran a bumper announcing Korgoth was officially picked up as a series. New episodes will air in September. [1]The series follows the exploits of the title character Korgoth (voiced by actor Diedrich Bader), and parodies Conan the Barbarian, as well as the sword and sorcery genre in general. The pilot was storyboarded by Aaron Springer with the animation directed by Genndy Tartakovsky. The Heavy Metal/Thrash Metal musical theme is composed by Lee Holdridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korgoth_of_Barbaria

Anyway, don't judge me: Futurama, Cowboy Bebop, The Simpsons, Johnny Bravo, Duck Dodgers, Justice League (+Unlimited), the one with the fat dude and the huge killer transformer and that, uh, hip-hop influenced anime: Samurai Champloo. Like, I know they can - with a few (obvious) exceptions - be pitiful, dumb and just plain awful at times, but I can't stop watching, I can't slap myself silly and bash the damn telly dead - cause I'm a sad sad nerd trapped inside a dashing young man's body. Well, except the dashing part: I'd settle for sexy, though plain ain't that be an adjective.

I was sorta thinking that we'd be listing and memorising the toons that we grew up watching. Otherwise I'd be listing Cowboy Bepob and other anime as well. Actually, to tell you the truth, I should be listing Sailor Moon, Candy Candy and others here since I watched a ton of anime when I was around 11, but decided not to clot this topic with the genre, because there's hundred and one(actually just three, but anyways) topics for it.

Korgoth is awesomely superb, yes.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My original favorite was the Phantom cartoon strip.

"The Phantom is a comic strip created by Lee Falk (also creator of Mandrake the Magician), recounting the adventures of a costumed crime-fighter called the Phantom. The series began with a daily newspaper strip on February 17, 1936, which was joined by a colour Sunday strip in May of 1939; both are still running as of 2006, although Lee Falk has passed away, and the newspaper comics are now written by Tony DePaul and drawn by Paul Ryan (daily strip) and Graham Nolan (Sunday strip). Previous artists on the newspaper strip include Ray Moore, Wilson McCoy, Bill Lignante, Sy Barry, George Olesen, Keith Williams and Fred Fredericks.

The Phantom is credited as being the first "costumed superhero", i.e. the first crimefighter to wear the skintight costume attributed to comic book superheroes. Previous fictional crime fighters, such as Zorro and Doc Savage, were not designed especially for newspaper comic strips or comic books."

:)

the only characters to have survived that ENTIRE series are the dog and the horse... how I don't know but they outlived the main characters.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 5 months later...

So, with the recent news that Lorenzo diBoneventura is making a GI Joe movie, only not called GI Joe and as a buddy flick with Duke and Action Man, heres a wicked awesome fan trailer for a live action GI Joe movie.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Darkwing Duck, Justice League Unlimited, Pirates of Dark Water, Static Shock, Thundar the Barbarian, Johnny Quest, Shaolin Showdown, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, The Tick, Transformers (the original series), ReBoot, Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Ghost in the Shell SAC, Tenchi Muyo, Bubblegum Crisis 2040, Tiny Toon, Talespin, X-Men: Evolution, and Futurama.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"