NFL 2006 Season

Enoch

MNF

Green bay against Seattle. It's snowing :joy:

I just hope the game is close, I love watching games in the snow.

I didn't know who I wanted to win, they're both my favorite teams. I like to see Seattle stay in number one, but I also would have like to see Green Bay be at or go a little bit over .500 this year.

Well looks like Seattle pulled it together at the last minute.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Cowboys release wayward Vanderjagt; sign Gramatica

And this, kids, is why you never spend big money on a kicker. There was a statistical study published in the NY Times a few weeks ago showing that a kicker's past FG% had almost no predictive value regarding his future success. The difference between a big-name kicker and one you can pull off the waiver wire is negligible.

And, the Giants are dying. :angry: Besides the injuries (6 defensive starters, plus the most reliable WR and the starting OLT), my scapegoat is QB coach Kevin Gilbride. His less-than-stellar past with QBs (*cough* Leaf *cough*) leads me to believe that he's behind Eli's regression over the last few months.

Haha, Grossman was awful. I don't mind though, because this week's fantasy football opponent started him at QB. I can't wait to see how many negative points he gives her.

Oh, the missus and I went to the Browns/Chiefs game this afternoon. I'm not a Browns fan, but it was impossible not to get caught up in that comeback. What a game!

I'm not that invested in any team, really ; I just love watching football. Hell, I sat out in the cold to watch three high school championship football games on Saturday, too. It was quite the gridiron weekend.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Oh, the missus and I went to the Browns/Chiefs game this afternoon.  I'm not a Browns fan, but it was impossible not to get caught up in that comeback. What a game!

I am jealous. That would have been a great game to go to.

This has been a great week for the Chargers. Merriman returns, we won, the colts, chiefs, and ravens lose. We are pretty much in charge of our own destiny as far as home field advantage goes. Now if only the seahawks can take out the donkeys. :joy:

No no no. We want the donkeys to take out the seahawks

No such luck there. Seattle owned them at the list minute. :ermm:

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

The Bears' problems at QB are going to doom them in the playoffs. They'll get homefield (thanks to the patsies they share their division with), but they're not going to win 2 straight against playoff-caliber opponents. (And CHI fans calling for Griese should actually go back and look at the tapes of him playing. He ain't the answer.)

And my Giants have beaten themselves again. They were the better team (despite both of their safeties sucking mightily) when they weren't shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, drops, poor clock management, etc.

Really, injuries have decided the NFCE. The Eagles lost McNabb, which takes them out of the picture. The Giants lost their starting Left Tackle and their most reliable WR for the season, and scads of defensive players for a significant number of games. The Cowboys, on the other hand, have lost exactly 1 important player (Ellis), and have nobody else even listed on their injury report. Insanely good injury luck for this late in the season. (The Redskins just stink, which, as a Giants fan in northern VA, delights me to no end.)

If it wasn't for Chicago's good players they would not be where they are at right now. The way Grossman keeps screwing up, they would not be number one like they are now.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

The Bears' problems at QB are going to doom them in the playoffs.  They'll get homefield (thanks to the patsies they share their division with), but they're not going to win 2 straight against playoff-caliber opponents.  (And CHI fans calling for Griese should actually go back and look at the tapes of him playing.  He ain't the answer.)

The Vikings are respectable, but really, what NFC division doesn't have at least 2 patsies right now

Atlanta = patsy

Anyways, their isn't a team that doesn't have a major problem in the NFC, so I'm not sweating the Grossman thing too badly. Tho I would prefer to see Griese for a game or two to see what we have.