WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

kumquatq3

I was trying, somewhat, to convince you to buy a PS3 instead.  :"> 

But in reality I thought the vid looked awesome and wanted to post it somewhere and here, it seems, was the most relevant.

I was wrong. Again.  :">

t_new.gif

Yes, of course. <_<

But does a single video warrant a thread of its own? I didn't want to start another annoying Console X vs. Console Y debate. Just dropping a comment seemed sufficient.

No?

Who cares, talking about White Knight sounds like a nice distraction.

The character graphics are really cool, but the single white circle with some japanese word on there doesn't tell me how involved the combat is. Do you actually need to block and parry, or just sit and wait until you can do Superleet Combo?

Also, the Yugioh transformation was totally gay. :/ I was loving it right until there. Hell, I used to play FF. And Shining Force. But that gundam stuff is just not it.

Edited by Tigranes

I was all kinds of hyped during the trailer, until I saw that l33t combo and the stupid transformation.

No thanks. I bet you have the typical "boy defeats dark god"-plot to boot.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, it wasn't exactly the game that got me awed. It was the fact that this was an early demo of a first generation game for a next generation console that's not even been released yet. And it still looked bloody good! I mean, look at the landscape in the picture below (bad quality from video compression, but still..):

WhiteKnightsSS01.jpg

It moved pretty smooth too, with some nice water effects and stuff. Impressive, considering that the Playstation 3 is supposed to be the most difficult machine to work with (of the new consoles) and that the game is still in such an early stage that they haven't even finalized the title for it. The hardware definitely shows potential, that much is sure.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I agree, it was beautiful.

I expect it also to be a pipe. I got the distinct feeling of running on a traintrack. Well, that's not exactly a bad thing, if the thing is cinematic enough and has a good story to keep you occupied enough to not notice the darned world limits, but after Dragon Quest 8 and other fairly open jrpgs, that kind of thing would seriously hinder enjoyment.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I want to lead the adventure, not be lead by the adventure.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Star Ocean: Till the end of time is also fairly good.

kirottu said:

Too bad that there isn't a graphic-card that can manage those graphics @ 30 fps yet :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

crysis is targeting Vista as its main operating system, right?

so the new direct X cards come X-mas time should be what runs it properly

but what does any of this have to do with Wii's future domination of the console market?

Errr, even if the other platforms have GREAT graphics, wii still wins because of the gameplay-options?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

crysis is targeting Vista as its main operating system, right?

so the new direct X cards come X-mas time should be what runs it properly

but what does any of this have to do with Wii's future domination of the console market?

gives lie to it?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT