WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

kumquatq3

$250 is a bit more expensive than I was hoping for, but it's still a very reasonable price. I'll be going after a PS3 first and foremost, but I do have plans to pickup a Wii as well. The launch date, I think, will both hurt and help Nintendo. I think Sony will probably steal a lot of their thunder with pre-launch ads and what not, but as someone else here already stated...you go to the store to get a PS3 and there aren't any in due to a limited amount of systems available at launch, you might see the new Nintendo and think, "Hey, Nintendo I remember these guys. The SNES was great. Only $250...screw it, I'll buy that then." ;P

Still though, I was really expecting a price tag no greater than $200. Ah well. ;)

It's a small wonder that some folks still want to buy a PS3, considering what kind of fiasco Sony's PR has been for the last months.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"It's a small wonder that some folks still want to buy a PS3, considering what kind of fiasco Sony's PR has been for the last months."

Simple. The last 10 years, they have been THE dominate force in consoles. And, their systems tend to have the most variety of games that arne't kiddified alal Nintendo or stuck on speciifc brands ala Nintendo, or aren't living in the past ala Nintendo.

Seriously, i used to love Nintendo. When I was 10.

R00fles!

P.S. I should point out that I'm likely to buy the xbox 360 before the other consoles.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Of course the unwashed masses will gladly pay 600$ for the thing, but the internet minority should see through the hype and take PS3 as it is.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

The main reason most people I know will buy a PS3 is MGS4, with Final Fantasy a distant second. I tell them that they are idiots, because those games just simply aren't enough to justify $600, especially when Blu-Ray hasn't become a well-established format yet.

As for Nintendo, it has Mario and all of its spinoffs, Metroid, Zelda, and Capcom's stable, none of which I was ever a big fan of. The only reason I would consider a Wii is for Sega's stable.

If I mentioned the 360 right now, I'd be laughed out of the thread, right?

kirottu said:

My ego is safe then, thanks. :blink:

360 is getting a suprisingly strong barge of quality games. The biz is still waiting for the killer app, but the masses who bought teh console are pretty satisfied.

kirottu said:

Dead Rising, even with its faults (in particular, the patience-testing time and saving systems) was probably the best 360 game released thus far. All the other much-touted games to come out for the 360, PDZ and Oblivion, were terrible and interesting, respectively. Most people are willing to dismiss sports games, but Fight Night Round 3 on an HDTV was really something else (fun game, too)

Still, after a year, you'd expect them to have more good games than this. Seems like a foregone conclusion to most that the PS3 and Wii will outperform the 360, but I think it's just more resentment towards Microsoft than anything. The 360 is by no means a bad system.

Bad PR doesn't mean a bad console. The PS3 is expensive, but all in all I would still like to have one. I don't know why you feel the need to question the decisions of others. My purchase of a PS3, for whatever reason, doesn't really affect you lol. How did this go from discussing the Wii to PS3 bashing so fast? :/

I think I'm contributing to the neverending argument and debate, so I'll try to shift the direction back to the Wii.

Anyone know the date for Super Mario Galaxy? I saw a video of it and it looks like it'd be a lot of fun to play. I know it's not a launch title :blink: but is there a definitive release date for it yet?

"If I mentioned the 360 right now, I'd be laughed out of the thread, right?"

You missed my P.S. My new console of choice is/will be xbox 360.

Mass Effect trilogy is all I need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dialogue Option -> "Wii > *"

:blink:

Sounds like Nintendo is taking risks once again, but then a fair bit of their risks have already been successful. I'm really hoping Wii will take off. I might seriously consider my first console since SNES/PS1 if it does.

The only RPG's for Nintendo will be japanese crap like Zelda.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The only RPG's for Nintendo will be japanese crap like Zelda.

Has there ever been a "non-traditional" RPG released for Nintendo systems?

Eye of the Beholder was on the SNES. Played it quite a bit. And let's not forget Shadowrun, again for the SNES. Ultima I and IV were released for the NES, as were a couple other first-person RPGs for the NES.

Edited by deganawida

Well, I for one love the Japanese RPGs sooooo....

And if the Wii is backwards compatible with all GC games, as well as having the ability for many of Nintendo's previous games, as well as being able to play GBA games and DS games...well that library alone (I originally got the GC with the GC player because the GBA games had a lot of great games...and I'd rather play it on a TV than a 4 inch screen, it's all about the gameplay...) is a good reason...though I AM still VERY hesitant about that freaking controller.

So though there is a lot going for it, I'll probably do a wait and see with the Wii to see, to see if it really does have everything that it looks like it might (backwards compatibility and compatibility with handheld games).

I expect I'll get a PS3 too however...it's going to rock!!!

Xbox360....meh.

If it's anything like the Xbox games (and it looks like it will be) anything that is actually worth my time playing...will already or eventually come out for PC. I own some nice PC's, and can upgrade them to be better then the 360 eventually (might be two years down the line, but they'll BE better than the 360 in everyway eventually). I already own a PC and I know I'll use a PC anyways so it'll always be around.

Heck, Oblivion a 360 game came out for PC as well, I literally can't see why so many of my fellow citizens sink so much money into a console when most of the games if they are worth playing will eventually or already be sold for the PC.

So PS3 is a definate. The Wiii though, is looking pretty definate too, but I want to make certain of a few things first.

One upside to a console as opposed to a computer is that you never have to worry about your system not being up to specs. It costs only slightly less to upgrade your computer to high Oblivion specs ($200 vid card, $100 more RAM, at least) than it would be to get a 360.

The downsides, however, are pretty numerous. Controller issues, patching and extra content. Things like that.

Edited by Pop

The Wii for $250. I don't know, for a console that can't do HD, can't playback movies (not even the old DVD format) and is, in fact, a spiced up Gamecube, I musy say I feel it is overprized. Nintendo is the only company that churns out consoles without going into the red for it, but this time it feels like they want to make a profit out of them too. A huge profit, considering what is hidden in that junk of plastic. It's not exactly top of the line hardware..

No wonder Nintendo doesn't want this to be about hardware specs. People would look at the specs and go "What?! How the hell can this **** cost $250?!". I wouldn't reveal my hardware specifications either if I was Nintendo.

The Xbox 360 is looking better and better in my eyes. I would probably get one if it weren't for that awful Xbox Live. I refuse to pay twice for my internet connection (once to my ISP and once to Microsoft.. for allowing me to play my $70 multiplayer games on the internet!). I can't believe people are willing to cough up the same amount of money per month as the people who play World of Warcraft pays.. just to be able to connect to other players online. And the price of the games goes on top of that! Insane.

The Playstation 3.. It sounded good a year ago. New, exciting technology. "Free" internet service (well, free in the sense that you were supposed to be able to play multiplayer games over the internet without having to pay Sony any money..). Blu-Ray movies. True HD gaming. Now it's just a mess. And as usual it's Europe that gets shafted. I feel like boycotting Sony (and probably Nintendo) for always treating Europe like second rate citizens. I could take a few weeks of delays (localization problems) but delaying the European release until March?! **** you Sony.

I'm guessing I'll keep playing Singstar on my Playstation 2 until 2010 or so, and spend all my money on upgrading my PC instead.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

lol not enuf gigaflops mirite?

Yes, that is correct. Why aren't you still using that old 286? Not enough GFLOPS.

Nintendo survives by providing great gameplay experiences. That still doesn't excuse a 729 MHz processor with 64 MB of 243 MHz RAM and a 243 MHz GPU with 24 MB of 486 MHz RAM (exactly the same as the Gamecube, except Nintendo claims it is 1.5x faster..) for $250. Oh, I forget. You also get a defunct DVD-player for that price, plus a gimmicky controller that noone knows how it works in reality. I really hope the nunchuck (or whatever it's called) is fantastic.

Both the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 are more expensive. On the other hand, they won't feel like dinosaurs in two years time (hopefully). Is it worth the extra $$$? Who knows.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Personally I agree with mkreku. I was planning on breaking my longstanding 'wait until at least a year after launch rule' to run out and snap up a Wii. Now I just kind of feel ripped off. No way the hardware in that little box is worth even half what Ninty's planning on charging.

I'll buy a PS2 and an Xbox and play some games I've missed I guess.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP