Manson Follower Van Houten Denied Parole

Gfted1

I heard about in an interview with Charlie is he doesn't want to get out of prison, he considers it his home. Good place for him.

Have you heard his music? They should keep him in there just for that.

He had a blog a few years ago. Read the first post, then never came back. I don't know if it's still up (I would guess that it isn't). He wrote like a third-string tabloid writer. It was actually pretty creepy.

The best solution would be to wipe out humanity. Then there would be no more crime.

:wacko:

Whatsamatter, pouting because you didn't get to say it first? :p

The logic is sound, too: no people = no evil people.

Just kinda throws the baby out with the bathwater.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I heard about in an interview with Charlie is he doesn't want to get out of prison, he considers it his home. Good place for him.

Have you heard his music? They should keep him in there just for that.

He had a blog a few years ago. Read the first post, then never came back. I don't know if it's still up (I would guess that it isn't). He wrote like a third-string tabloid writer. It was actually pretty creepy.

Gun's N Roses had a song of his on The Spagetti Incident. That song suck. He should be forced to listen to his own music 24/7.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

His music is great. I don't know if I'd call it genius, but it is a lot better than a lot of popular music out there.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I was at a Ron White comedy show last night, and he said he wanted to be the one to flip the execution switch for Scott Peterson. He also said that he would set the execution time at 1 AM during spring Daylight Savings Day. That way he can go into Scott's cell at midnight, tell him he has an hour left, and then go, "Ooops, spring forward! Times up."

I was at a Ron White comedy show last night, and he said he wanted to be the one to flip the execution switch for Scott Peterson.  He also said that he would set the execution time at 1 AM during spring Daylight Savings Day.  That way he can go into Scott's cell at midnight, tell him he has an hour left, and then go, "Ooops, spring forward!  Times up."

the guy got railroaded... there is no way he could have gotten a fair trial unless he was in Switzerland...

When they put out a tv movie saying your guilty before the trial starts it's obvious who's going to win.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The guy was pretty damn guilty. He killed his pregnant wife. He was caught trying to flee the coyuntry with a bag of money and bleached hair. It's not a real mystery that he did it.

I can tell you this, if someone killed my wife and I was accused, I'd go all Harrison Ford on "The Fugitive", I wouldn't try to take off.

How do you know he wasn't going all Harrison Ford and leaving the country to find the killer? He had to change his apearance, Harrison did.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

No, it's like Hurlshot isn't even trying anymore. : (

The guy was pretty damn guilty.  He killed his pregnant wife.  He was caught trying to flee the coyuntry with a bag of money and bleached hair.  It's not a real mystery that he did it.

I can tell you this, if someone killed my wife and I was accused, I'd go all Harrison Ford on "The Fugitive", I wouldn't try to take off.

even so he's required by law to have an impartial jury... I'd hardly consider anything having to do with the case as impartial. After all he started trying to HELP the cops. And I know if my wife just up and died via gunshot wound to the head, the cops started asking questions, noticed I have a bit of a schizo tick, started looking for ANY AND ALL dirt they could on me and finially started focusing on me as the main guy who could possibly shoot this fictional wife. I'd run like hell and not look back till I was in switzerland or Communist China.

The vast majority of murders are by people known to the victim (and usually family).

was anyone else under that amount of scrutiny that were near her? maybe mom wanted her out of the will, maybe brother did... maybe the unborn child took a life insurance policy out on mom and then killed her, unwittingly committing suicide.

They won't commit me... I've already tried and they wouldn't let me in... (suicidal note in highschool got in the hands of the administration and got treated like a terrorist threat.... WHEEEEE I GET TO RIDE IN THE BACK OF A POLIECE CAR)

We are all missing the point, and that is that Charles Manson's music is good.

even so he's required by law to have an impartial jury... I'd hardly consider anything having to do with the case as impartial.

you're starting out with a false premise that he did not have an impartial jury (your own guesses as to what the jury members were thinking don't count as exculpatory). given that he had some of the best legal minds in the country helping him, it's actually a better guess to claim the prosecution had a bad jury. the prosecution was far outgunned in this trial. that he was convicted was a sure indicator of how guilty he really was.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Prisons do not rehabilitate people; they're simply a device to lock them away so they can't harm someone else. The danger of commuting such a sentence to 'life' out of a legal technicality is that a new generation will come along and not care. Sorry in advance for the rant and all, but I care.

People, I lived in LA, California in 1969. No one really gave a crap that Manson might choose to live differently; this was the '60's--there were hundreds of communes, and that was all right as long as they bothered no one. Usually they didn't, aside from the families of the runaways who chose to join them.

Lovable 'Charlie' was an exception. He was not singled out, and he was NOT railroaded. Manson and his followers simply wanted people to know who and what they were--the new messiah and/or antichrist--and they brought their vision of the future to the public. Manson's group had utter disdain for others' lives and others' laws; and all that equals 'evidence'. Written on the walls, and splattered as high the ceilings. There was no reasonable doubt, even though the prosecution's theory would have been a hard sell to any jury; and 'fair trial' can not just apply to suspects. The things they did to those people were unspeakable; their victims could and would have been anyone, at any time ... just 'because'. And it would have continued.

Manson should have been put to death years ago--he will never be a useful or even harmless member of society. If you multiply the yearly cost of housing, food, medical, and custodial services by the number of years he has been in prison--never mind the risk of parole--the electric chair is a bargain.

Leslie van Houten was one of Manson's favorites and one of his most devoted followers, which is probably why he gave her the 'honor' of going along. Realistically, she was very young and obviously impressionable, and Manson was a dominating, charismatic individual. But where is she going to go? Where can she expect to be accepted? Other than the odd movie or book deal, is there any place she will actually fit in? At the time of the trial, the courthouse was surrounded by the not-so-favorite followers, harassing the people and disrupting the proceedings; they write to him and support him still. You do the math. Chances are, she is sorry for all the years she wasted in prison, and she likely will never kill again. She will get out. But she is a nut in her own right, and Manson is in her delusional system. Not too sure I'd feel comfortable with her living next door. YMMV.

while i agree with most of your rant, kalmeeri, i don't think anyone is claiming manson didn't get a fair trial. i believe those references were to scott peterson, whom i think also got a fair trial, along with a hired gun that STILL couldn't get him off.

taks

while i agree with most of your rant, kalmeeri, i don't think anyone is claiming manson didn't get a fair trial.  i believe those references were to scott peterson, whom i think also got a fair trial, along with a hired gun that STILL couldn't get him off.

taks

so taks... if he had gotten off what level of money would the USA networks have to pay him for damaging his image due to the tv movie they ran that had him as guilty BEFORE THE TRIAL EVEN STARTED?

so taks... if he had gotten off what level of money would the USA networks have to pay him for damaging his image due to the tv movie they ran that had him as guilty BEFORE THE TRIAL EVEN STARTED?

you mean scott peterson?

none. first, acquittal in US court does not mean innocent. the way slander/libel laws work in the US, the onus is on the defendant to prove allegations untrue, as well as prove actual damages, a feat that would have been difficult. he'd have to prove that the movie actually stated he was guilty, not just implied.

taks

The best solution would be to wipe out humanity. Then there would be no more crime.

*tries manfully to resist, but fails*

"The criime iissss life. The ssssentence issss deaaaath..."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.