Guys....

The True Sith is NOT a species. It wasn't in the past, it never will be. "The Sith is a belief" is what Kreia says. There isn't a way to take that out of context. Sorry, I have just seen this so often from you all to a point of being very very aggravated.

Something that is open ground is that Kreia says that Sion and Nihilus were not Sith. I know she was refering to the bad guys in the outer regions, but she said nothing of Revan. Was he Sith?

Wrong, "Sith" Is a species but died out ages ago, Marka Ragnos was half Sith, but now they are all gone and now there is all phoney ass try hards who try to be like them. The Malak and Revan Sith, they are just followers of Revan and Malak after the Mandalorian wars. And then there is the different faction of Sith, the ones in KotOR2 who are like Sith assasins and follow Sion and Nihilius.

The Sith was ALWAYS a belief. It started with people who left the Jedi religion. They became Dark Jedi, and eventually took on the name Sith. They made it their own belief, not a species. The Austrailians are not their own species are they? No offense made by that comparison btw. The Sith CONSIDERED themselves a species, and Marka Ragnos wasn't "pure of blood" or something of that sort. Blood has nothing to do with the Sith though. Jedi are not a species, and they have existed far longer than the Sith have.

In this case, the "true Sith" are very likely remnants of the old Empire, not the species.

So, yes, the very first part of the first post is likely right. The true Sith are not the Sith species.

Remember, there are three kinds of Sith mentioned in the KOTOR games. The ones who told the Mandalorians to attack the Republic, Revan and Malak's and Nihilus and Sion's. Only the first ones were Sith at the beginning of the Mandalorian Wars.

It makes sence. Dark Jedi could always have decided to pick up such a name from someone they where in contact with.

It also stands to reason that if a galaxy wide Republic could have risen under the Jedi (with the Jedi as gardians), then another galaxy ruled by Sith (as they would have it no other way) could exsist.

It just needs some one that is not a complete @#$% running the show, like Revan was.

Edited by James Dunn

Of course the sith were a species!

What aggravates ME is when people who don't know what they're talking about, and can't distinguish between the sith as an ideal, and the sith as a species, accuse other people of ignorance. Have you ever thought that the reason dark jedi started taking titles like "dark lord of the SITH", or "SITH lord" is because these names originate from the time when dark jedi conquered the sith empire, and were in fact literally "Dark lords of the sith"?

A race of organisms of similar physiology who can interbreed. Sounds like a species to me.

Edited by MasterJediConsular

Thread pruned. I am sure we can do without the racist comments.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Sith were a species ill put a link to wiki too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sith_(species)

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

The True Sith is NOT a species. It wasn't in the past, it never will be. "The Sith is a belief" is what Kreia says. There isn't a way to take that out of context. Sorry, I have just seen this so often from you all to a point of being very very aggravated.

Something that is open ground is that Kreia says that Sion and Nihilus were not Sith. I know she was refering to the bad guys in the outer regions, but she said nothing of Revan. Was he Sith?

Sith is a species 5000 years ago before episode 4 , (Called the golden age).

the species end with the fall of naga sadow. ( Untill we know something about tulak hord , naga sadow was the last of the sith .)

The mean of True Sith , its the goal of the person .

And btw kriea talk alot about ancient sith lords , maybe you misunderstand her point.

some use the force wiout been a sith/jedi . Its call force sensitive.

A sith is goal , jedi is a religion. the rest who use the force is more like a tool.

Edited by darthzayne

Fair enough, Sith is a species. The TRUE SITH are not a species however. That still stands. The Sith Kreia spoke of before she died wasn't the species. It couldn't be as just a moment before she said that the Sith is merely a belief, and the ones you fought were not of that caste.

I see where your posts are coming from.

When it comes to the movies, the Sith are fallen Jedi who do evil things. They don't have a specific species. They are usually Jedi or force-sensitives. I am just as protective about this subject as you are. I also believe there is no such things as a Sith species.

(Movie Canon = Movie Canon + Main Star Wars Lure)

When it comes to the Expanded Universe, I have to conceed that someone created the Sith into a species. I personally don't know what they were smoking, but it contridicts the movies. Remember, not everything in the Epanded Universe is embraced by George Lucas. 'NJO' was welcomed by George, but he believes it is a universe all on its own.

(Novel Canon = Novel Canon + Secondary Star Wars Lure.)

To the average movie fan, there is no such thing as a Sith species. When it comes to a Expanded Universe fan, some people believe in the garbage that people write. Even though I am a Expanded Universe novel reader, I don't buy the whole Sith Species idea myself.

It all depends upon how far away from the movies you are willing to deviate from. Truthfully, I personally believe that its all full of garbage.

Edited by DarthMethos

Well my lack of knowledge on EU left me blank on the Sith from Korriban being a species, rather than just a bunch of fallen Jedi. However... the Dark Lords of the Sith, the antithesis to the Jedi order.. they are the Sith she was talking about. The ancient Sith Lords on Korriban were followers of this ideal, not their species. The species didn't have the goal, the species didn't invent this ideal. The ones who enslaved them did. That's what she meant. PERHAPS the blood still exists, but we were led to believe that they were wiped out by the Jedi and the Republic. However not all of the fallen Jedi could have gone to Korriban. The True Sith empire she speaks of could very well be a completely different group that was simply and purely the Dark Jedi that fell so long ago, and took on the Sith title like their counterparts on Korriban.

Xard, boring maybe, but I'm just trying to counter speculation with speculation. Better than putting another wishlist for Kotor 3 I think.

This is a very confusing topic!

What are the Rakata then?..

If they built an empire like 25000 years ago (that spanned hundreds of worlds including korriban and most of the worlds form the movies) mainly by wielding the dark side of the force and actually developing technology that is based on it, and pre-dating all "sith" references.. wouldn

Edited by ShadowCaster

dee dee dee :)

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Repeat myself again. Game over. Facts are facts.

dee dee dee :lol:

To the both of you: I already corrected myself on the obvious error. However I'm talking about the references to what the future holds in Kotor. Kreia wasn't talking about a Sith species, she said SPECIFICALLY that the Sith is a BELIEF. So I'm sorry buds, but until you find something that contradicts that and says that the Sith she's speaking of are the species, YOU lose. Sorry. I find it hard to grasp letting the context go ccompletely over your heads when it is a line said specificially instead of dodged about with doublespeak.