Bioware Survey

Arkan

Did anyone else get that Bioware survey in their email? I take it BIO is doing a handheld game of some sort?

BTW, absolutely none of the questions pertained (or even hinted at) the existence of a PC.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Nope. Didn't get this survey. I got one awhile back; but it was about the digital store...

As for them making a hand held game... hmm...

"Maybe Dragon Age will be the last dedicated PC game they do, if it is still being worked on."

It's called branching out. It's what successful companies do when they grow...

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Just as long as they don't branch out so far that they forget about their roots. I like to give Mass Effect a go but I think it will be many many many years before the X Box 360 will be worth the money to get.

Edited by Judge Hades

Agreed.... My opinion however is as long a sthey make things I'd be interested, they still got my business. If they don't; no money from me.

P.S. BIO's 'roots' are in medical software... they already forgot about their 'roots'... :D

Edited by Volourn

No; no survey. Might have something to do with my BW (yes; both... if you get what I mean :) ) account being linked with my ancient no longer active e-mail account though...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Just as long as they don't branch out so far that they forget about their roots.  I like to give Mass Effect a go but I think it will be many many many years before the X Box 360 will be worth the money to get.

This assumes that many of their "roots" didn't follow them over to the consoles to begin with.

The advantage of handhels games are that theyre simple enough to be developed by a very small team, no more than 10 people (and thats for a very advanced one, some sloppy timewaster for the DS could be done by 1-2 people)

But CRPG's as a timewaster you play on the subway on your way to work? Nah, bad idea.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This assumes that many of their "roots" didn't follow them over to the consoles to begin with.

Well, I didn't til I was able to get an X Box under $100. That is the magic price for me to spend the money on a console. Anything more than that I will spend on my PC.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that their roots extend beyond you.

The advantage of handhels games are that theyre simple enough to be developed by a very small team, no more than 10 people (and thats for a very advanced one, some sloppy timewaster for the DS could be done by 1-2 people)

But CRPG's as a timewaster you play on the subway on your way to work? Nah, bad idea.

An Artist and a Coder could certainly kick something very very nice out, it wouldn't need to be sloppy at all. Unless the Artist or the Coder is already sloppy.

I always fancied coding on that arm-9 chip, or the arm-7, I ain't fussy, if only because it's the last place where writing in asm is a good idea, although GBA C++ compilers exist out there currently, GBA, DS, and MIDP(Mobile Phones) have a very old skool development vibe.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Why wouldn't it be?

I don't know but I hear a lot more about ME than DA. It just seems to me that they are focusing more on mainstream console games and ports than real CRPGs for the PC. Hell, it has been 2 years since anything has been written about it at the major gaming sites. It even made a no show at the last E3.

Can we say vaporware?

Edited by Judge Hades

"I don't know but I hear a lot more about ME than DA."

ME is due out late this year, or early next year. DA is due out late next year or early 2008. That's why ME is getting more media attention.

Anyone who is silly enough to believe that DA is 'vapourware', or is BIO's last PC game knows very little. It wasn't shown at E3 for the obvious reasons a) it's not ready to have more revelations, and b) BIo wanted to focus on the games coming out soon (ME and JE). I don't see much media hype for the MMORPG or the 2nd console game either. :(

BIO has no reason to announce DA just for it go vapourware. They gain nothing from that. And, if they were planning to abandon the PC as you proclaim, why are they doing the following:

1. Making DA

2. Making JE PC

3. Making a MMORPG which is like 99% likely a PC game

4. Still patching NWN1 despite NWN2 coming out in 2 months

Hmm.. Your logic is illogical...

and b) BIo wanted to focus on the games coming out soon (ME and JE). I don't see much media hype for the MMORPG or the 2nd console game either. :(

Is that the PC version of JE, or is JE2 coming out soon and I've not heard about it?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

PC version. Though, like I emntioned, they do have an unnaounced next gen console game AND MS has already officially stated the existence of a JE2 (though BIO hasn't confirmed0.

PRDICTION: I bet they're waiting for the PC version of JE1 to come out. If that makes enough money, they'll likely shortly after announce JE2 for both PC and xbox 360. If not, they'll just announce JE2 for xbox 360. Or just xbox 360 no matter how well it does.

I don't see they seem trying to pimp a sequel to a game that has yet to come out in all versions...

Can we say vaporware?

No, but I can say "Project New Jersey" :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Until I see actual evidence of Dragon Age is still being worked on, such as new screen shots and video footage, I'll consider it not in production. They announced it years ago and nothing of substance has been released since then.

Hmm.. Your logic is illogical...

Well, duh. :)

Edited by Judge Hades

And now this thread will turn into a retard-fest when Volourn tries desperately to convince everyone that random posts on an obscure developer board are actual news and that there's lots and lotzzz of info about Dragon Age everywhere and it's common knowledge and blah blah bs bs bs.

Anyhow, on topic: care to share what the survey was asking about more specifically? Would be interesting to hear.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!