The Comicbook thread Pt. IX

Kaftan Barlast

I miss Madureira.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I just don't like his faces really... plus the fact everyone looks like they are wearing a musclesuit with 500 lbs worth of muscles.

I've noticed that some people are really good at covers and others are good on the inside.

Joe Q is, in my opinion, a horrible cover artist. (He did a new avengers variant that had cap look like he stuffed his tee shirt with a pillow)

There was one guy who was awesome, He had this really unique style on his interiors, kind of like he took the western anime style, then did a bunch of crack, but then his covers have like 500 different styles. He did the Wild Things hulk cover, as well as the Hulk Puffs cover, and that spider-man cover where he's riding a lightning bolt. Can't remember his name.

Edit: Remembered. Kaare Andrews.

http://www.kaareandrews.com/home/index.html

My personal favorite artists are Chris Bachalo and Don Figueroa. Chris's men all tend to look the same, but I love his poses, women, and the detail he puts into things. Don... he the transformers master. **** Pat Lee.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My personal favorite artists are Chris Bachalo and Don Figueroa.

Big fan of Frank Cho and Mark Brooks myself.

Also, that one guy who made Dangergirl. Forgot his name.

*google search* Frank Cho = awesome, Mark Brooks must be like my choice of Chris Bachalo, nothing special, just a personal favorite.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Mixing manga and trditional comic art is blasphemy to me. Its like putting jelly on porkchops.

My faves are Dave McKean and Ashley Wood, both are very artsy and extremely skilled painters.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, I pretty much figured that from the thread subtitle.

Worst: Probably Rob Liefield.

I like Rob's stuff better than say.... Quietly.

Personally I've a penchant for the innocence that Turner gives his characters... and the bad ass ladies he puts out.

Also you can never go wrong with Perez.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I hate Rob Liefeld. I don't know how someone who screws up anatomy this badly is allowed to work in the comic industry.

180px-Liefeld_captain_america.jpg

Joe Q's version of that shot is much much worse....

death-note.jpg

That would be Death Note, probably one of the best mangas I've ever read.

What thread title? :dancing:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

NewAvengers1_JOEQsign.jpg

that was done by the current editor in chief of marvel.

Edited by Calax

Quesada is nothing but a doughboy. Seriously, how did he get to the top at Marvel?

As for your pic, Calax, I think I recognize Luke Cage below Spiderwoman, but who is the masked guy beneath him? And the dude with the cape in the forefront?

And I know most of you probably won't remember this artist, but every time I'd run upon an issue of the Flash that Carmine Infantino had worked on it made me cry a little on the inside.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

they refer to him/her as Ronin (everyone thought it was Daredevil because DD got outed as Matt Murdock). Freaking mansuit.

I just love how big Cap and Iron Mans chests are.

they refer to him/her as Ronin (everyone thought it was Daredevil because DD got outed as Matt Murdock). Freaking mansuit.

Recently? First time I saw that guy was when The Avengers wanted DD to join, he refused, and recommend echo. Half the group knew who that was.

Recently? First time I saw that guy was when The Avengers wanted DD to join, he refused, and recommend echo. Half the group knew who that was.

Ronin as the avenger just flat out showed up during the second arc. Cap asked DD to go with them to deal with the hand but DD said no, and then said he knew sombody who could. Only problem was that every indication was that it was just DD in another suit (especially when in the space between two panels Ronin got breasts for the reveal).

Heck even the team thought so.

Hmm. Good question.

I was trying to link the new Sandman hardcover release of the classic first issues. :(

1401210821.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36730645_.jpg

THE SANDMAN, written by New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman, was the most acclaimed comic book title of the 1990s. A rich blend of modern myth and dark fantasy in which contemporary fiction, historical drama and legend are seamlessly interwoven, THE SANDMAN is also widely considered one of the most original and artistically ambitious series of the modern age. By the time it concluded in 1996, it had made significant contributions to the artistic maturity of comic books and become a pop culture phenomenon in its own right.

Now, DC Comics is proud to present this comics classic in an all-new Absolute Edition format. The first of four beautifully designed slipcased volumes, THE ABSOLUTE SANDMAN VOL. 1 collects issues 1-20 of The Sandman and features completely new coloring, approved by the author, on the first 18 issues, as well as a host of never-before-seen extra material, including the complete original Sandman Proposal, a gallery of character designs from Gaiman and the artists who originated the look of the Sandman, and the original script to the World Fantasy Award-winning THE SANDMAN #19, "A Midsummer Night

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 2 weeks later...