Red Faction

Blank

Well, that game was fun. It was fun for one reason: you could make tunnels in the walls with guns. The idea was great, and the devs held to their word: if you didn't have a key to the door, you could blast your way around it, over, under, and to the sides.

I remember my buddy and I just digging tunnels, disregarding the fact that the game was a fps. We would dig tunnels from two ends of a map, and try to connect them, and guess where they would meet. Eventually, the game stops letting you dig, since too much memory is being taken up, but it was so fun while it lasted.

I wish there were more games like that.

Edited by Blank

I remember that it had vehicles but one or two of em were only used once. And that the wall breaking thing was a wittle bit wacko in terms of what you could and couldn't blow up.

They did make Red Faction two (not nearly as good imo)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Red Faction was great :)

Red Faction 2 sucked :thumbsup:

Luckily, I heard about the shortcomings of RF2 before buying it. A few years after, I tried it out at a friends place. Way too short and "claustrphobic" in it's level design...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Red Faction was okay, played it a year ago and although the digging and fps parts were alright, when they tried to implement stealth and espionage into it, it became a bit dull.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I remember the sequel, Red Faction 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Faction_2

Do you remember anything else, like who were the participating countries in world war 1!?!

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

red faction suffered from a few things, One thing that bugged me was that it really didn't have all that much to do with the origiona. I mean in 2 the red faction was a POLITICAL PARTY! where as in 1 it was essencially a workers union with guns.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Do you lick all your games, or just the ones you like?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's 1:12 Am here in Finland, nearly everything even remotely funny makes me grin, that just cracked be up :(

Licking...

Oh yeah, on topic: I never played Red Faction 2, but first was great game. I remember when PS2 came out and I was reading about RF from PS2 magazine. Those graphics were so

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

We aim to please.

You can say "kiitos" if you want.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Kiitos ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

don't forget "dephs"

anyhoo, the main thing that annoyed me was that the sequel seemed more of a generic arcade style shooter, and the fact that the storyline pretty much had nothing to do with the first game whatsoever

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

My favorite memory of Red Faction was sneaking up to, and sticking a block of C4 on, some soldier's chest. He took off running, screaming his face off.

yeah i did that a lot too :D

if there were more than like 3 dudes standing around in a group i'd quickly run in, chuck c4 on one of them, then run the hell away while he screamed and blew up his mates :ermm:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

This game had so many good aspects that were ditched in the sequel. Most of the scenery stopped being destructable, which is what drew me to the game. I wouldn't have minded if the graphics suffered in order to allow more destructability.