PS3 interface

Well, it's exactly like my PSP, which isn't a bad thing. The big thing that caught my eye was the browser...so will I be able to use the internet just like I do on my PC? That's a pretty cool idea.

The 360 interface seems much more limited, although it has improved over the last couple months. I'd also like to see how downloading content is handled.

When over half the article about the PS3 interface centers on the Xbox 360, there's something wrong with the writer. I haven't seen an Xbox 360 interface, and I probably won't see for the PS3, but articles like this don't help much. Why? It's like virtually every other article I see. It sounds like the guy writing the article is spinning like a top, often as he assures you that he is impartial.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Looks great, eventhough i will probably never use it to its full extent.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The PS3 interface looks awesome. Can't wait to get it. But how much do you think it will cost?

Um... $499 for the cheap version, $599 for the good version. That info has been around since May.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No. Standard  and downgraded version.

I think the downgraded version would be too difficult for you to understand

The downgraded version is just the good version without the memory card reader, wi-fi, a 20 GB hard drive instead of a 60, and no HDMI interface.

In other words, no point in getting it.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The downgraded version is just the good version without the memory card reader, wi-fi, a 20 GB hard drive instead of a 60, and no HDMI interface.

Of course there's a point in getting it. You don't need HDMI if you don't have an HDTV with HDMI cable connectivity (which most HDTV owners do not have). You don't need WiFi connectivity if you don't have wireless internet. You don't need the memory card slots if you don't want to upload pictures to your PS3 (it's that type of memory card, not the type consoles typically use, I'm pretty sure). You also don't need a harddrive bigger than 20 gigs on a console if all you really want to do is play games and watch movies.

Personally I'm getting the $599 PS3, but the $499 version is still a viable alternative. It still contains a harddrive, wireless controllers, online connectivity, and the ability to watch Blu-Ray movies.

As for the interface, yeah it does look nice. Apparently the PS3 will be running Linux as an OS, so the ability to browse the Internet and whatnot is absolutely possible. Can't wait for November. (w00t)

Of course there's a point in getting it. You don't need HDMI if you don't have an HDTV with HDMI cable connectivity (which most HDTV owners do not have). You don't need WiFi connectivity if you don't have wireless internet. You don't need the memory card slots if you don't want to upload pictures to your PS3 (it's that type of memory card, not the type consoles typically use, I'm pretty sure). You also don't need a harddrive bigger than 20 gigs on a console if all you really want to do is play games and watch movies.

Personally I'm getting the $599 PS3, but the $499 version is still a viable alternative. It still contains a harddrive, wireless controllers, online connectivity, and the ability to watch Blu-Ray movies.

As for the interface, yeah it does look nice. Apparently the PS3 will be running Linux as an OS, so the ability to browse the Internet and whatnot is absolutely possible. Can't wait for November. (w00t)

I've heard that Apple was involved in the software of the PS3... not Linux

Read the comments http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all...v%3D1mq5job_en0

This kid at school once told me that arguing on the internet is like being in the [secret sanitized statement], whether you win or you loose. You

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf