Warcraft Universe

Metal_billy

Why wasn't the first concept of WC 3 realised, but instead they just made a Warcraft mod for Starcraft and added some trite roleplaying?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If you know your Blizzard history, you can answer why they took the route they did.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

WarCraft's lore was cool up until WoW. Then everything was forced just for WoW's gameplay.

I mean, spacecruisers? Blood elf paladins?

So true, i used to play WOW back in the day when it was good, i had a lvl 60 Orc Warrior but then Blizz announced the expantion and things started going downhill thats why i quit the game.

This thread is cool.

This thread is so cool that when it goes to bathroom it piss icecubes.

................................................................................

...............................................................__,,,---~''?'\,

............................._,,,----,...............................................................................

..........___,,,---~~''??

...................._,-~'? ; ; ; ; ;'\,----,..................Indeed..........................................,~''......................__,-~~'?

..........,_,-~'?; ; ; ; ;,-'???'' '?~'\,|,.................................................................._,-~'................_,--~'''??

.......'??; ; ; ; ; ;_. ,/'.......?'o~- '|.................. .........................._,-~-~'?...,.........??\,.....'\,

.......??,-~*_ . /'...'\|.................'\............................................._,-~*'?,/',/'..........???'~----,,,\,,,,...'\,

.............??--,..'\,.............,--~-,' '|......................................_,-~*'? ; ;;;;; |..|...........................|?'*|..|

......................-,-'?''|,......,/' ??'-/'/..........................._,-~'??; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;; '|..'|...................___,,--~'~''|

.......................|....'\,.......'\,; ; ;|/'.__,-~~--,_,/'??'~'?; ; ;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; '|,'\, ---,_,,---~'''?\\''~''''??,--~/''

....................../'____ '''`~-,,,--~'''?? ; ; ; ; ; /' ; ;;;;; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'\, .'~-,,-~''~---~''''~---~~'''?

.................../'?'\,....??,~';;;;;;; ; ;/' ; ; ; ; ; ;;;;;/ ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'~,--~''??';,/'

................,/',--,-~',_,~'' ;/';;;;;;;;;/';; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'~-,_,/'/'

............,~'| /' /' . ,~'~-,;;;;;;;;;;;;|;; ;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ;,__,,,,,,-----~~'''?

.......,~'' ,/'/'/ : | .,/';;;,~';;;;;;;;;;;;'\,;;;;;; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;_,-~''??

.....,/' ;,/;;;|' : :|,/';;-~' ??? ;;;;;;;;;;''\, ; ; ;;;;;;; ;_,,,---~~'''??

....,|;;;;'|;;;| :,/';;,~' |;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; '\;;;;; ; ;;,/'

...|';;;;;'|;;| /',~';;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;''~-~''?/

..,|;|;;;;;\;||/';;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;/'

,/'|;'|;;;;;;,|';;;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ;,/'

;;;|;|;;;;,|';;;;;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ;,/'

;;;|;|;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,/'

;;|';|;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ;|'

;;| |;;;;'|;;;;;;;;;;;'|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; |'

;;| |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; |

; | |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |

/''| |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; '|

..| |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;'\,

Edited by Metal_billy

If you know your Blizzard history, you can answer why they took the route they did.

The thread is about Warcraft in perticular not all of Blizzards games.

Let me rephrase: WC 3 was originally supposed to be a proper rps, you would have controlled a group of dozen units at max and they would have gained levels and had equipment along with you. There were several sneak peeks on various game sites back then and you can probably remember the early dragon pictures or the dwarven concept art(which much later was used for the rifleman). In that early concept you couldn't even build anything(apart from maybe the occasional barricade), but the game was much more action-oriented and reminded me of Myth(Bungie's fantasy strategy).

Why did Blizzard choose to diss these plans and make Reign of Chaos?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Let me rephrase: WC 3 was originally supposed to be a proper rps, you would ahve controlled a group of dozen units at max and they would have gained levels and had equipment along with you. There were several sneak peeks on various game sites back then and you can probably remember the early dragon pictures or the dwarven concept art(which much later was used for the rifleman). In that early concept you couldn't even build anything(apart from maybe the occasional barricade), but the game was much more action-oriented and reminded me of Myth(Bungie's fantasy strategy).

Why do you keep pestering me with these questions, ask me something about the Warcraft lore not the way W 3 was created!

If you want to know ask Blizz.

Edited by Metal_billy

Let me rephrase: WC 3 was originally supposed to be a proper rps, you would ahve controlled a group of dozen units at max and they would have gained levels and had equipment along with you. There were several sneak peeks on various game sites back then and you can probably remember the early dragon pictures or the dwarven concept art(which much later was used for the rifleman). In that early concept you couldn't even build anything(apart from maybe the occasional barricade), but the game was much more action-oriented and reminded me of Myth(Bungie's fantasy strategy).

Why do you keep pestering me with these questions, ask me something about the Warcraft lore not the way W 3 was created!

Your starting post explicitly said that you know everything about Warcraft. And that we could ask anything about Warcraft.

You sir, are a liar. And the asnwer to my question is easy, it's even quite logical: Money. They didn't want to aliante the base of fans to whom Warcraft was microing and ogre mage rushes. Ah, another vision crushed by the biz. I hope Hellgate is magnificent and Warcraft 4 boring as plaster.

kirottu said:

For those still interested; WarCraft Adventures was in development as a follow-up/spin-off of WarCraft II. It was to be a point-and-click adventure similar to, say, Leisure Suit Larry. It involved for certain these characters: Thrall, Grom Hellscream, Teron Gorefiend, Deathwing and Alexstraza (I am not entirely sure on how to spell her name - the Queen of the Red Dragonflight) and an appearance by Forest Troll leader Zul'jin as a... junkyard dealer.

Mus?, Reign Of Chaos has always been a Roleplaying Strategy Game. However, you are correct that the roleplaying elements were once much bigger; however, there was NEVER a build of the game in which you did not have the ability to build - as evidenced by the fact that in the second sneak peak ever on the game one of the developers, I think it was Rob Pardo, said that "The Undead Necromancer is not only the main Undead Hero, but he's also integral to their development because he summons all their buildings".

The approach was done away with because

a) overwhelming demand for another Blizzard strategy game.

b) much too difficult to balance for Multiplayer (something Blizzard games are renown for).

Questions:

1) Whatever happened to Teron Gorefiend?

2) Is Sargeras still alive? There are conflicting reports from different canonical sources. 'He' is seen alive in a cutscene in Frozen Throne - yet in the same campaign all that is found is an artifact called 'The Eye Of Sargeras'. Yet, it has also been said that Aegwynn destroyed him (causing him to bond with her unborn child Medivh).

3) More Sargeras - it has been said that the Eredar is what drove Sargeras mad; yet now Blizzard has been saying that Sargeras turned the Draenei into the Eredar when he was already evil. Explain?

4) Who were the Old Gods?

Edited by TrueNeutral

Can you tell me everything you know about Warcraft 3 lore please?

Err...ok

The game starts with Thrall having a vision, he awakes to find Medivh as a bird standing outside his tent and he asks thrall to follow him, this is the first part of the tutorial.

The second part is where you have to build a base and free Grom Hellscream from the humans.

In the Human campaign you take controll of Arthas, a Paladin and prince of Lordaron, during the campaign he meets with jaina proudmoore. the whole of the campaign is about Arthas investigating strange undead sightings in Lordaron then fighting the Scourge in Lordaron then finally Northrend where he finds a powerful sword called Frostmourne which makes him go evil.

In the Scouge campaign you are Arthas again but you take controll of a mighty undead army, first Arthas brings Kel'thuzad back from the dead because he killed him during the human campaign. Arthas destroy's the high elf kingdom of Quel'thalas and also corrupts there source of magic called the sun well. Once Kel'thuzad is reborn he summons Archimonde the ruler of the Burning Legion.

In the Orc campaign you are Thrall and you chase the strange prophet known as Medivh through Kalimdor, along the way you meet the Night elves and the Humans and finaly you venture into a strange cave where Medivh tells Thrall, Jaina Proudmoore and Cairn Bloodhoof how to stop the Burning legion, after that you have to stop Grom Hellscream and Manorath a General of the Burning Legion.

In the Night Elf Campain you controll Tyrande a High preistess of Elune and Malfurion a Powerfull Druid, together they battle the Burning Legion, along the way they free Illadin Stormrage who was imprisoned for 10,000 years for his crimes, Illadin absorbes the power of the Burning Legion and turns into a Demon. Later the Night elves side with the Orcs and Humans and together they defeat Archimonde at Mount Hyjal.

The end.

Your starting post explicitly said that you know everything about Warcraft. And that we could ask anything about Warcraft.

You sir, are a liar. And the asnwer to my question is easy, it's even quite logical: Money. They didn't want to aliante the base of fans to whom Warcraft was microing and ogre mage rushes. Ah, another vision crushed by the biz. I hope Hellgate is magnificent and Warcraft 4 boring as plaster.

It's true, the thread discription does say i know everything about Warcraft what i shoud have put is this: ''I know everything about Warcraft Lore''

And ask yourself this Musopticon?: does it really matter that i don't know 1 tiny detail about W 3 that has nothing to do with Warcaft lore anyway?

Lets just drop this childish argument and have fun ok?

Now do you have a question about Warcraft lore or not?

It's true, the thread discription does say i know everything about Warcraft what i shoud have put is this: ''I know everything about Warcraft Lore''

And ask yourself this Musopticon?: does it really matter that i don't know 1 tiny detail about W 3 that has nothing to do with Warcaft lore anyway?

Lets just drop this childish argument and have fun ok?

Now do you have a question about Warcraft lore or not?

If you two were somewhere else, I'd say "To the Thunder Dome!"

I don't know where, though. :ph34r:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Why did Blizzard Entertainment suddenly turn into a bunch of labias and drop Starcraft: Ghost?

Again, not WarCraft Lore, but Blizzard was not developing StarCraft: Ghost themselves, using an outside company with experience in console games instead. They dropped it because they did not find the treatment of the game sufficient to have the Blizzard name on it. Blizzard's original vision was a stealth game, but the company had slowly been turning it into a basic shooter where you mow down hordes of monsters.

Hell, Penny-Arcade had a comic about it. Pay attention, you intertextually illiterate little dingo.

Dibs on the chainsaw!

kirottu said:

2) Is Sargeras still alive? There are conflicting reports from different canonical sources. 'He' is seen alive in a cutscene in Frozen Throne - yet in the same campaign all that is found is an artifact called 'The Eye Of Sargeras'. Yet, it has also been said that Aegwynn destroyed him (causing him to bond with her unborn child Medivh).

3) More Sargeras - it has been said that the Eredar is what drove Sargeras mad; yet now Blizzard has been saying that Sargeras turned the Draenei into the Eredar when he was already evil. Explain?

1) I don't know who Teron Gorefiend is

2) The cutscene in forzen throne is Kil'jaiden talking to Illadin not Sargares.

3) Sargares did turn the Dranei into eredar at there homeworld of Argus, he bribed the 3 leaders Kil'jaiden, Archimonde and Valen with power. Archimonde and Kil'jaiden accepted the offer and were turned into Eredar, but Valen refused and gathered some of his followers and they fled to the Dreanor, they later became known as Dreanei or ''Broken ones''

4) The old Gods were the original creators of Azeroth, they were very evil and the titans imprisoned them in the well of eternity, apparently they were destroyed when the well was but no one is certain.

3) Sargares did turn the Dranei into eredar at there homeworld of Argus, he bribed the 3 leaders Kil'jaiden, Archimonde and Valen with power. Archimonde and Kil'jaiden accepted the offer and were turned into Eredar, but Valen refused and gathered some of his followers and they fled to the Dreanor, they later became known as Dreanei or ''Broken ones''

4) The old Gods were the original creators of Azeroth, they were very evil and the titans imprisoned them in the well of eternity, apparently they were destroyed when the well was but no one is certain.

1) Teron Gorefiend was a powerful orc Warlock transfigured into the form of a Death Knight. He was one of the hero characters in WarCraft II: Beyond The Dark Portal. How can you claim to know all about WarCraft lore and not even know one of the major characters in one of the games?

2) Different Cutscene. I'm talking about one of the cutscenes with Gul'Dan's journal. Also, you didn't answer my question.

3) If so, how did Sargeras turn insane? As the WarCraft III Manual Lore clearly states that the fighting the disgusting and nefarious Eredar was what turned him insane.

4) Ragnaros the Fire Lord is still alive - I've seen him in World Of WarCraft.

Edited by TrueNeutral

1) Teron Gorefiend was a powerful orc Warlock transfigured into the form of a Death Knight. He was one of the hero characters in WarCraft II: Beyond The Dark Portal. How can you claim to know all about WarCraft lore and not even know one of the major characters in one of the games?

2) Different Cutscene. I'm talking about one of the cutscenes with Gul'Dan's journal. Also, you didn't answer my question.

3) If so, how did Sargeras turn insane? As the WarCraft III Manual Lore clearly states that the fighting the disgusting and nefarious Eredar was what turned him insane.

4) Ragnaros the Fire Lord is still alive - I've seen him in World Of WarCraft.

1) it's been a long time since i played W 2 so...

2) that was Sargares's Spirit, disturbed by Gul'dan when he razed the island from the bottom of the sea then.

3) He was corrupted by the Nathrezim. In line with the other Titans.

4) WOW has loads of new stuff in it that was not in the original lore before.