What are you playing now?

Darque

..with quite a few buildings to climb around and explode.

I don't think I'll be quite that brutal. I'm playing a sniper ;)

I played through as a scout on my first run. SMG+Sneaking FTW! Although you really need a good soldier class for the full MG's that can blow through walls and ceilings... :-"

It might be CTRL-Right Click.  It's one combination of the others.

Just don't use it as a cheap tactic to save your units when they are about to be encircled!

nope... never...

anyway how can you get a countries beligerence up so you can attack it?

on another note I made a nice beachead on mainland china (japanese controlled) and am no getting swamped by the AI USA with units at the beach so I have somthing to play with.

oh.. poland has more territory than it knows what to do with right now... it extends all the way from east germany to north china.

Belligerence goes up when countries act Belligerently. I'd recommend using your sliders to shift your Authoritarianism. If you become an dictatorship (which should be slightly to the right of the Democracy/Authoritarianism midpoint, you don't need to worry about Belligerence anymore.

Or you can shift the Interventionism so the Belligerence doesn't need to be as high.

Italy typically joins the Axis once Paris falls. Since that didn't happen, they don't feel like getting to Belligerent.

I'm finally playing the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic demo. The combat is indeed worthy of the hype, in fact, first person combat has never been done this well. Also, it's nice to see the Source engine being used in a proper game.

The demo has already crashed a couple of times on me, though. Hopefully, they'll fix these problems before the game's release.

ZOMG, you're the head of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. aren't you!?!?!

I just installed Act of War High Treason. After three months I finally found the game. This "expansion pack" is a full GB larger than the original game! :blink:

what'd they add?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I just installed Act of War High Treason. After three months I finally found the game. This "expansion pack" is a full GB larger than the original game! :blink:

what'd they add?

Dunno yet. Haven't started it up yet. It's a standalone product. The original game was some 6GB and this one is 7GB. Box says it added naval combat...

Let's seeee.... Dirge of Cerbrus: FF VII :) , Guitar Hero :wub: , sampled Leisure Suit Larry: Magna **** Loude for when I had in interview with High-Voltage, :) , Xenosage III comes out in a week so it'll be nice to play the conclusion of the series.... I'm kind of semi-broke so I'm being relatively conservative with the cashe while diversifing my genres.

-- Peter

Madden 07 on PC. Fantastic game. Last time I had it on the PC was back in 2001. Here's a great site for mods. Football Freaks

I got it for my 360, and it is pretty sweet. I've been trying the Superstar mode, and I love the whole concept, but I'm struggling a bit. When playing Superstar, you only control the one player. So if you are a RB, you only take part in the offense, which means you watch a chunk of the game. I don't mind that, as they speed it up well, but the camera angle is a bit tough. You play it in a 3rd person perspective, instead of the traditional camera pulled back. It is difficult, but I think I just need to keep practicing so I can get a handle on it.

I got it for my 360, and it is pretty sweet.  I've been trying the Superstar mode, and I love the whole concept, but I'm struggling a bit.  When playing Superstar, you only control the one player.  So if you are a RB, you only take part in the offense, which means you watch a chunk of the game.  I don't mind that, as they speed it up well, but the camera angle is a bit tough.  You play it in a 3rd person perspective, instead of the traditional camera pulled back.  It is difficult, but I think I just need to keep practicing so I can get a handle on it.

I started my first superstar mode as a LE. The camera angle is terrible, so I will try either a MLB or a QB hopefully they will have better camera angles. When I wasn

Madden 07 on PC. Fantastic game. Last time I had it on the PC was back in 2001. Here's a great site for mods. Football Freaks

I got it for my 360, and it is pretty sweet. I've been trying the Superstar mode, and I love the whole concept, but I'm struggling a bit. When playing Superstar, you only control the one player. So if you are a RB, you only take part in the offense, which means you watch a chunk of the game. I don't mind that, as they speed it up well, but the camera angle is a bit tough. You play it in a 3rd person perspective, instead of the traditional camera pulled back. It is difficult, but I think I just need to keep practicing so I can get a handle on it.

I wonder if anyone will create the next hall of fame Defensive Tackle :)

Oh man minigame mode does not even compare to classic minicamp!

Right Now:

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus......and i must say it is a very very good game

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

I just installed Act of War High Treason. After three months I finally found the game. This "expansion pack" is a full GB larger than the original game! :huh:

what'd they add?

Now that I have played the first two missions and gotten my butt kicked in the third I can say that they have added several new units a full new campaign, unfortunately not with any FMV's though. The difficulty seems to have racheted up a notch or three as well. Although I swear it's cheating. .50 Machine Guns with armour piercing rounds are great, but one can only take on so many M1A2 Abrahms at once... :blink:

I just installed Act of War High Treason. After three months I finally found the game. This "expansion pack" is a full GB larger than the original game! :huh:

what'd they add?

Now that I have played the first two missions and gotten my butt kicked in the third I can say that they have added several new units a full new campaign, unfortunately not with any FMV's though. The difficulty seems to have racheted up a notch or three as well. Although I swear it's cheating. .50 Machine Guns with armour piercing rounds are great, but one can only take on so many M1A2 Abrahms at once... :blink:

snipers vs m1's? Run like heck!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I just installed Act of War High Treason. After three months I finally found the game. This "expansion pack" is a full GB larger than the original game! :(

what'd they add?

Now that I have played the first two missions and gotten my butt kicked in the third I can say that they have added several new units a full new campaign, unfortunately not with any FMV's though. The difficulty seems to have racheted up a notch or three as well. Although I swear it's cheating. .50 Machine Guns with armour piercing rounds are great, but one can only take on so many M1A2 Abrahms at once... :huh:

Not snipers. New unit, two troopers holding a machinegun mounted on a tripod. Can switch between anti-personnel ammo and anti-tank ammo. Although Heavy Snipers still work quite well versus M1's as long as they don't try to squish you. I'll try and get a screen shot of them at work for you. :blink:

After barely making the cut for the money ( with only 680 chips) I tripled up and lasted another fifty players. I just hit three tens with an ace kicker, but was elimated by another players straight. :blink:

I guess 244th out of 2138 players isn't bad, but it's not quite good enough, you know?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I just installed Act of War High Treason. After three months I finally found the game. This "expansion pack" is a full GB larger than the original game! :(

what'd they add?

Now that I have played the first two missions and gotten my butt kicked in the third I can say that they have added several new units a full new campaign, unfortunately not with any FMV's though. The difficulty seems to have racheted up a notch or three as well. Although I swear it's cheating. .50 Machine Guns with armour piercing rounds are great, but one can only take on so many M1A2 Abrahms at once... :huh:

Not snipers. New unit, two troopers holding a machinegun mounted on a tripod. Can switch between anti-personnel ammo and anti-tank ammo. Although Heavy Snipers still work quite well versus M1's as long as they don't try to squish you. I'll try and get a screen shot of them at work for you. :blink:

I know the .50 cal is a good AP round, and I know in WW2 a .50 cal aiming down on the roof of tanks could get some penetration on occassion, but I'd be very surprised if any two-man .50 cal team would think about trying to take on an M1A2 Abrams, unless they were directly above it and it was completely oblivious.

The biggest turnoff for me in these games is when guys survive shots from 120 mm tank guns.

I know the .50 cal is a good AP round, and I know in WW2 a .50 cal aiming down on the roof of tanks could get some penetration on occassion, but I'd be very surprised if any two-man .50 cal team would think about trying to take on an M1A2 Abrams, unless they were directly above it and it was completely oblivious.

The biggest turnoff for me in these games is when guys survive shots from 120 mm tank guns.

Act of war isn't too bad in that regard. All basic infantry will die in one hit from from a tank. The more expensive guys will survive a little longer though. 1 on 1 the infantry die fast, but if you can get a group of them together they can hold their own.

As long as their machine gun fire doesn't slowly wear down the tank...

I remember playing a demo of Act of War a long time ago, and felt it really wasn't a whole lot different than other games in this regard however.

I also love the "wearing down of armor/hp" that typically happens in these games as well. In actual reality, a WW2 Sherman isn't going to dent an M1A2, but most video games allow players to use 20 of them, and together they can cause enough damage to the superior tank.

I've been sold far too much on games like Combat Mission and Close Combat that it's really hard to go back. :(