Prey Review

Eldar: I tried out the demo for a few minutes... not bad at all, but the game didn't quite suck me in (like the HL games do).

Bok: Yeah, I felt Gamespot's Perfect Dark: Zero review was a bit... weird. Greg Kasavin went on and on and on and on and on about how awesome everything about the game was, and all the while it seemed he wasn't quite convinced about it himself. I guess they were under tremendous pressure from M$ since it was a launch title. What do you think of the game?

Bok: Yeah, I felt Gamespot's Perfect Dark: Zero review was a bit... weird. Greg Kasavin went on and on and on and on and on about how awesome everything about the game was, and all the while it seemed he wasn't quite convinced about it himself. I guess they were under tremendous pressure from M$ since it was a launch title. What do you think of the game?

A lot like what you thought of the Prey demo; pretty good but not totally uber amazing like the review said it was.

I'll pick up Prey tommorow anyhoo.

I'll be getting it because of this:

It's not a secret, we've posted that. And don't expect it right at retail exactly.

What was said was that the PLAN was to have it available then. That's not an iron clad guarantee. The Windows one ships with the game. The Linux one is still being worked on.

Bleh, nevermind. That's for the server. To think it uses the D3 engine and doesn't have a native Linux client...

Edited by AngryKidJoe

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Played the demo, was impressed with some of the features, it had a lot of little 'cool' things, both in terms of game mechanics, and in details in the levels/weapons/hostiles, but it didn't once scream 'buy me' in any way that would even remotely make me consider if over Half-life2.

I'm not big into FPSs for their own sake, though I can very much appresiate them as 'action games', which is somthing that HL2 delivered very nicely. But Prey, like Sins, is probably great for someone begging for a new FPS fix, it's cirtainly very compitant, but it's still really just for the FPS fans.

EDIT: YES I KNOW THAT SAYING THAT AN FPS IS FOR FPS FANS IS MILDLY STUPID, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. RAGE.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

1UPs review of it made it seem even more puzzle intensive than the Half Lifes rather than all actiony. They were also very impressed and I generally trust their reviews more than most. I'll pick it up after I upgrade.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

It's very puzzle heavy. The first half is similar to Doom 3/Quake 4, except it has portals and some wall walking. The second half picks up drastically, it's about 4x more fun with the use of gravity and freakin mini moons in contained space. I'm about 3/4 done right now.

Well it took me about 9 hours, and the game was very satisfying. Up there with FEAR and HL2 in terms of innovations IMO. Was it worth waiting 11 years for? Well err.. no, but I doubt any game is. If you stick around after the credits, the game hints of a sequel which I'm guessing we will see by 2017 =]

Good summer game.

Edited by Bokishi

Just like some people with DNF.

It's been "in development" for pretty much just as long, but if it comes out I'm not going to expect the quality of a game that has been in high end development for 11 years with super elite characteristics across the board.

If DNF isn't the bestest game in the history of games ever I shall be sorely disappointed. 

SORELY I SAY!

Relax, it's the Duke. It's empirically impossible for that game to fail.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ever played Planet of the Babes? Didn't think so.

Now that Human Head has got rid of this burden, they can consentrate on Rune 2. Finally.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I haven't played it either. I just heard it was bad. Real bad.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds