Sony Accuses Microsoft

Here

Ya know what....I'm getting pretty sick and god damned tired of this crap sony has been pulling. They'd better have some kickass games on that system to justify the price tag and the BS their people have been vomiting up into the media or they've managed to lose before they've gotten into the race. (Not that it matters what I think or anything.)

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Uhm.. What is it with people and all these anti-Sony rumours? Why is it that everything bad about Sony is immediately believable and not vice versa? I'm not really a Sony fanboi, but everywhere I go I find myself defending Sony over people's own stupidity. It's getting tiresome.

Sony didn't add a "halfbaked motionsensing tech" to their controller just before E3. It usually takes a lot longer than a few months (from Nintendo's revelation to E3) to develop and test a new technology. When Sony representatives said they had been developing the tech for 2.5 years it sounded much more likely, since they had working prototypes that actually looked like the near-finished design at E3. Strangely enough, that little newsbit apparently avoided everyone's attention and everyone hopped on the hate-Sony-bandwagon instead.

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=1073

Yeah, yeah, I know: Sony are liars and the Microsoft employees (Nintendo employees would never do such a thing, would they?) that probably started the rumours are right. As usual.

About the copying thing: they're both right and wrong. Every business giant copies their competitors most successful moves. They'd be stupid otherwise.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Uhm.. What is it with people and all these anti-Sony rumours? Why is it that everything bad about Sony is immediately believable and not vice versa? I'm not really a Sony fanboi, but everywhere I go I find myself defending Sony over people's own stupidity. It's getting tiresome.

Sony has become the new Microsoft. It's the "in" thing to bash Sony these days. Probably brought on by Sony acting like arrogant jerks lately.

Edited by Deraldin

Sony has become the new Microsoft. It's the "in" thing to bash Sony these days. Probably brought on by Sony acting like arrogant jerks lately.

Hell I'll bash Sony if some of their games cost $70-$80 like it says in the article. That's waaaaay too much.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I hope this whole next generation of consoles will turn out as one gigantic fiasco. Judging from the news, that isnt entirely improbable.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Are we sure Sony did this? I mean, nowadays, I just figure someone's cooking all this stuff in his basement. Still, I wouldn't put it past either of them. Sony and Microsoft have really made themselves look pretty bad to anyone following these things.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Here

Ya know what....I'm getting pretty sick and god damned tired of this crap sony has been pulling. They'd better have some kickass games on that system to justify the price tag and the BS their people have been vomiting up into the media or they've managed to lose before they've gotten into the race. (Not that it matters what I think or anything.)

They do know the Xbox 360 is out and their PS3 isn't?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I know I'm not buying a PS3 now. I mean, for $800 USD I could buy a golf cart and put a TV+360 in the back.

Ya but that would be a cheap golf cart.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Sony didn't add a "halfbaked motionsensing tech" to their controller just before E3. It usually takes a lot longer than a few months (from Nintendo's revelation to E3) to develop and test a new technology. When Sony representatives said they had been developing the tech for 2.5 years it sounded much more likely, since they had working prototypes that actually looked like the near-finished design at E3.

Ok, so your argument is based off that the controllers "looked" done and that Sony said they were working on it for awhile?

1. Did you see that guy try to demo the controller?

2. It is existing technology in controller form. Wouldn't be that hard to make a prototype or to incorporate it. How hard was it for Sony to "independently" develop the rumble feature?

3. Why didn't Sony developers know about said controller till E3? Don't tell me they were just being secretive. Unless they didn't want their first wave of games to suport it.

Personally, I think Sony has had a bunch of crazy things under development for the future, as do Nintendo and MS. But I don't think Sony intended to add said feature to their controller till they got wind of what Nintendo was doing (which is likely to have happened well before nintendo released the news to the general public).

Edited by kumquatq3

Sony didn't add a "halfbaked motionsensing tech" to their controller just before E3. It usually takes a lot longer than a few months (from Nintendo's revelation to E3) to develop and test a new technology. When Sony representatives said they had been developing the tech for 2.5 years it sounded much more likely, since they had working prototypes that actually looked like the near-finished design at E3.

Ok, so your argument is based off that the controllers "looked" done and that Sony said they were working on it for awhile?

1. Did you see that guy try to demo the controller?

2. It is existing technology in controller form. Wouldn't be that hard to make a prototype or to incorporate it. How hard was it for Sony to "independently" develop the rumble feature?

3. Why didn't Sony developers know about said controller till E3? Don't tell me they were just being secretive. Unless they didn't want their first wave of games to suport it.

Personally, I think Sony has had a bunch of crazy things under development for the future, as do Nintendo and MS. But I don't think Sony intended to add said feature to their controller till they got wind of what Nintendo was doing (which is likely to have happened well before nintendo released the news to the general public).

Reason I think they added it to their controller after they heard what Ninty was doing is because of the lack of a rumble feature...while the Wii has not one but two rumbles, one in each controller (in the nunchaku config).

"But ours doesn't require external components outside the controller to work."

"Yeah, but it's got no rumble and Ninty's does."

I mean, really, two steps forward one step back.

I don't have any real hate on for any of the console or computer devs, I'm even pretty non-commital in the Console vs. PC debates. I lean a little bit more heavily toward Nintendo and PC than others, but that's just because I fancy the games I get on those platforms, I have no problem admitting that Microsoft and Sony put out good stuff too, just not as much for my particular tastes and dollar. :ermm:

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Small dogs bark the loudest.

Right now Sony is under a lot of pressure, what with the speculation that Assassin's Creed won't be PS3 exclusive - and that was the big game of E3 for PS3. That amid the other murmurings about Sony, they've adopted to "Oh yeah well..." strategy of diversion.

I'm not surprised by this at all, and none of you should be either.

I know I'm not buying a PS3 now. I mean, for $800 USD I could buy a golf cart and put a TV+360 in the back.

Ya but that would be a cheap golf cart.

Well I could probably buy one of those sit-on lawn mowers.

Ya that would work. Or maybe just a one-seater golf-cart.

hey you want see soe bashing on a large scale from visit the swg forums. well that is the mod doesn't get to the posts before. i guess soe cann't being second best at anything. cause what i heard they copied ideas from wow for swg now. if true i say how low can you go... i just know what they did to swg. i never played wow so i don't know. but i know smed plays all the time...

Sony didn't add a "halfbaked motionsensing tech" to their controller just before E3. It usually takes a lot longer than a few months (from Nintendo's revelation to E3) to develop and test a new technology. When Sony representatives said they had been developing the tech for 2.5 years it sounded much more likely, since they had working prototypes that actually looked like the near-finished design at E3. Strangely enough, that little newsbit apparently avoided everyone's attention and everyone hopped on the hate-Sony-bandwagon instead.

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=1073

Yeah, yeah, I know: Sony are liars and the Microsoft employees (Nintendo employees would never do such a thing, would they?) that probably started the rumours are right. As usual.

About the copying thing: they're both right and wrong. Every business giant copies their competitors most successful moves. They'd be stupid otherwise.

The tech in the PS3's controller isn't "new technology" though, so your argument by nature is flawed.

The tech in the PS3's controller isn't "new technology" though, so your argument by nature is flawed.

For Sony it is, so your argument by nature is flawed.

Okay, I can understand the folks who say it's only about the games. I happen to be one of the folks who looks at the system as a whole. ...But why is it such a bad thing for Sony to put something new in their controller? If they can do it, and it enhances the gaming experience for folks playing their games, why not?

I mean, if Sony does complain about Microsoft, who cares? Microsoft, Sony, and even Nintendo complain about each other all the time. It's like a feeding frenzy in the Sharks' tank.

If Sony is running around making stupid comments, then they're just acting out the part all these console manufacturers have written for themselves. Frankly, their comments regarding computers and why folks should buy their "more than a console" system are far more damning than this fluff.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

For Sony it is, so your argument by nature is flawed.

Old technology is old technology, oh defender of Sony. Third party controllers that did what the PS3 controller does and more were around for the original Playstation. To claim that it's "new" because Sony opted to use it for themselves the first time is an ignorant comment. If you bought a seven year old car, you can't call it a new car, regardless of the fact that you've never owned that car before. It's still used, and old for that matter.

Edited by 10k fists

Trying to fit a Ford engine into a Toyota chassi isn't easy, no matter how much you've driven both cars before or how old the car models are. It's still a new procedure, no matter if the technology has been there before or not. And who's to say that the technology they've adapted isn't new? There's quite a difference between the engine in the T-Ford and the one in the Toyota Prius.

Trying to fit a Ford engine into a Toyota chassi isn't easy, no matter how much you've driven both cars before or how old the car models are. It's still a new procedure, no matter if the technology has been there before or not. And who's to say that the technology they've adapted isn't new? There's quite a difference between the engine in the T-Ford and the one in the Toyota Prius.

Only putting a seven year old engine in a new car doesn't make the engine technology new. Hence, the technology in the PS3 controller not being new, and your original arguement being flawed. It's old tech, no matter what kind of Sony fan-spin you put on it.