What Music Are You Currently Listening To?

Darth Launch

The Smiths -- Panic

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Best Hip-hop Album:

Jurassic5ALBUMPIC1.jpg

Dropkick Murphy's--10 Years Of Service

Heard some good things about this band, so thought I'd check out a little bit of them. Anyone got any recommendations for songs?

In fact, anyone got any recommendations for good bands? I'm a little low on music at the moment.

Dropkick Murphy's--10 Years Of Service

Heard some good things about this band, so thought I'd check out a little bit of them. Anyone got any recommendations for songs?

In fact, anyone got any recommendations for good bands? I'm a little low on music at the moment.

If you like the Drop Kick Murphys you'd probaly like the Pogues, their Irish, obnoxious and unlistenable too :)

If you like Jurassic 5 I'd say maybe both AC Alone and also the FreeStyle Fellowship

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Haha, now I know where I recognised the Pogues from. Can't say I'm a fan to be honest.

Listened to some FreeStyle Fellowship too, not bad actually, but I can't really find much music of theirs anywhere.

Silverstein--Smashed Into Pieces

Gnarls Barkley - Gone daddy gone

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Arch Enemy - Dead Inside.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

@ Petay: J5 is great. They've got one of my all-time favorite anti-hypocrisy lyrics:

Got people screamin' "Free Mumia Jamal"

But 2 outta 3 a y'all will probably be at the mall

@Mus? That song is pretty cool, is it not? The rest of the album sort of hit me hard and then left me with little to no desire to replay it, but I did rip that song to the hard drive.

@TN: Train had more than one hit. Remember "Meet Virginia?"

she doesn't own a dress

hair is always a mess

if you catch her stealin' she won't confess

she's beautiful etc. etc.

@Kor: You have no idea how long I've been looking for any scrap of music from that Backbeat Band project. I heard of it two years ago, and have been checking record stores periodically whenever I remember. I don't even know if the soundtrack is for sale, but that hasn't stopped me. I mean, come on, who wouldn't be jonesing to hear an all-star band playing the Beatles when the Beatles were playing cover tunes.

If that wasn't enough, look at the lineup:

Greg Dulli: vocals

Dave Pirner: vocals

Thurston Moore: guitar

Don Fleming: guitar

Mike Mills: bass

Dave Grohl: drums

It totally delivers. Muchas gracias, mi amigo.

6699517.jpg

Teenage Fanclub - Here Comes Your Man

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

@TN: Train had more than one hit. Remember "Meet Virginia?"

she doesn't own a dress

hair is always a mess

if you catch her stealin' she won't confess

she's beautiful etc. etc.

Well, yes, but that was nowhere near as huge as Drops Of Jupiter. It was basically just rotation fodder taking advantage of a band that was popular at that moment due to one song. Other examples would be Orgy after Blue Monday even though they released Stitches, and Alien Antfarm after Smooth Criminal.

The Mayfield Four - Don't Walk Away

Nice song to sing along to. That is all.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Engelbert Humperdinck - Love Me With All of Your Heart

Around 1967-69.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Arch Enemy - Enemy Within.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Well, it's certainly a sucky taste in music.

Oho zing!

Miles Davis - A Night in Tunisia.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Best Hip-hop Album:

Jurassic 5 - Power In Numbers

Maybe if it was released some 20 years ago. Old school beats and boring lyrics don't do much for me these days. But, you know, it ain't a bad album, just not a great one.

Here are ten albums deserving of the title "best ever",

f74464r9k0d.jpg

c706312ed1o.jpg

d87199rn10x.jpg

d361747is3d.jpg

f86028e1tkg.jpg

d107033sn8b.jpg

f74467tjqej.jpg

e771847607k.jpg

f54353oyoc1.jpg

e76321uhg2o.jpg

Can't say I've heard any of the others apart from this one, but A Tribe Called Quest definitely gets my vote.

I'm not sure why you say J5 contains old beats to be honest, old beats as in done before? Or old beats as in sounding familiar to hip-hop from the early 90's (or even earlier)?

I now realise it always seems like i'm arguing with you when it comes to hip-hop Baley, but it's not I assure you, I'm interested in other peoples views when it comes to different hip-hop since I don't actually know more than one other person who actually likes it. : (

Edited by Petay

They're definitely a throwback group and proud of it. My personal preference is J5 over the disposable hip hop or rap singles on the top 40 any day.

They were fairly good live too (for a hip hop group).

The Lemonheads - Confetti

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Couldn't agree more Drabs, apart from the Live performance part, but that should be changing sometime soon this year when they come to the ole' UK.

Sting--If You Love Somebody Set Them Free

I've just realised this is the 3rd time I've heard this album today, it's been on repeat yet I never get bored of it.

Toadies - ATF

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The latter, yeah, as for A Tribe Called Quest, they were bloody fantastic, I mean, they were almost unequaled in the late 80s-early 90s, and that says a lot, you had the great Native Tongues bands, Jungle Brothers, De La Soul, Black Sheep. The only ones that came anywhere close were Organized Konfusion and Gang Starr. Of course, 36 Chambers hit the scene in 93 and nothing was ever the same.

You listened to Organized Konfusion, Black Sheep, Gang Starr, Digable Planets or Guru's Jazzmatazz? I'd recommend those if you like Jazzy Rap.

Also, the above-mentioned 10 albums are absolutely recommended.

d36475ps48o.jpg

Chubb Rock's voice makes me wet.

Edited by Baley