What Music Are You Currently Listening To?

Darth Launch

Ladies and genitals, after more than a year of surreptitiously posting at work or at a local library, I now have the internet at my apartment. I plan to go on a two-week YouTube binge.

Starting with The Afghan Whigs - Come See About Me

A fantastic Diana Ross and the Supremes cover, and Going to Town, an AW original.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

The same now.

This would be the first time I hear Afghan Whigs. So yeah.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Not a bad introduction. They were great, great band that had a minor MTV hit or two but never hit big.

[biased opinion]Too bad, because they were 500 times better than Pearl Jam or Nirvana. [/biased opinion]

I'd always heard they enjoyed covering the Motown tunes, but I never realized they'd be

And hell, while we're at it, here's one of the funkiest songs in the Whigs' repetoire:

Blame Etc.

i reply

that i don't believe

i'm ever gonna die

i don't

do you?

Nice, thanks.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Beatles - White Album

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

[biased opinion]Too bad, because they were 500 times better than Pearl Jam or Nirvana. [/biased opinion]

[also biased opinion]Pearl Jam is one of the greatest bands in the world, man.[/also biased opinion] However, Nirvana is indeed complete crap.

(See how I did that there?)

Loreena McKennit - The Mummer's Dance

New Breaking Benjamin album is out...should be here in the next couple days.

In the mean time, however......Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Actually, Nirvana were one of the best early 90s mainstream rock|punk|whatever bands. Fishbone, RHCP and Faith No More, also good choices, but you gotta hand it to them, the mix of catchy tunes, wild energy and pure ole' fashion out-of-your-mind delirium-addiction, is virtually unmatched on teeny bopper Radio. Cobain was a soulful mofo*, maybe he couldn't play his guitar right, and maybe he wasn't much of a natural singer, but only wankers care about musicianship in punk rawk. You, like, don't mess with an Albini produced band, mang, you just don't, classic rule of Rock.

f58936eef61.jpg

d55664f5n78.jpg

c85404m1496.jpg

g12265r5nrs.jpg

*The Mods don't like the Baley using potty language. Substitute at will.

Nirvana is only even remembered because Kurt shot himself in the head, man. If he hadn't, people would only remember them as the band that ripped of the Melvins and the Pixies so much.

Besides, Kurt made a point to call anyone who came close to Nirvana's sales a sellout. That's how punk rawk he was. Too bad he never looked back on his own annoyingly catchy pop hooks. Nirvana was the Green Day or Good Charlotte of it's time.

Eels - I Need Some Sleep

Edited by TrueNeutral

My my, I thought they'd be remembered for, you know, making great music, but yeah, sure, whatever you say, mang, poppy-hooks are the devil. As for Cobain's off-stage antics, I'm not sure what this gotta do with the music, artists are a strange breed. Frankly, as long as he did his shtick and did it well, he could call my momma a whore and I wouldn't bulge an eyelid.

Big Black - Tiny, King of the Jews.

Christopher Hitchens on Leon Trotsky, BBC Radio's Great Lives.

My my, I thought they'd be remembered for, you know, making great music, but yeah, sure, whatever you say, mang, poppy-hooks are the devil. As for Cobain's off-stage antics, I'm not sure what this gotta do with the music, artists are a strange breed. Frankly, as long as he did his shtick and did it well, he could call my momma a whore and I wouldn't bulge an eyelid.

Big Black - Tiny, King of the Jews.

Christopher Hitchens on Leon Trotsky, BBC Radio's Great Lives.

I never said poppy hooks are evil. Eels are my favourite artists and they have poppy hooks all over the place. Hipocrisy is, though, and fact is that Nirvana's corporate rock aspirations were just as glaring as any other band from the so-called 'grunge' era.

And Nirvana never had their own shtick, and they certainly didn't do it well.

The Shins - The Weird Divide

Feisty today, eh? Bring on the hate, brother, thing is, Nirvana were an extremely exciting and most importantly fun band. They played catchy rock'n'roll better than anyone else in the mainstream world, and, hey, hypocrisy's great, keeps the world alive and breathing, keeps the monkeymen in their place, frankly, mate, I don't give a damn how horrible, monstrous, greedy an artist was as long as the art he produced sparkled like gold in front of my eyes.

Pixies - Dig For Fire.

Strangely enough I don't usually listen to music whilst on the innernet but now I am fascinating I know. ;) I am listening to Vivaldi: La Pastorella and other chamber concertos on the Hyperion label. VIVA VIVALDI!!!!11 ;)

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Sorry I missed the discussion guys, I needed some sleep. Anyway, "Corporate Rock Still Sucks," eh?

My opinion on Nirvana varies weekly it seems, but I always think "About a Girl" was a damn fine Beatles song that Lennon/McCartney never wrote.

Toots and the Maytals - Pressure Drop

Yeah, I mean, I was watching this video on youtube, and they couldn't really play their instruments and Cobain couldn't really sing, but what made them great was all there, man, the energy, the liveliness, the there-ness. And Kurt will always be free of sins, in my book at least, for helping produce a Melvins album. Now imagine what would've happened if Cobain had aced his Melvins audition some 20 year ago.

Kris Kristofferson - To Beat The Devil.

I hate you, Baley. I can never tell if you're trying to be funny, serious or sarcastic. You confuse me.

My opinion on Nirvana varies as well, actually.

Usually, a listen to Unplugged makes me go "oh so pretty".

Yet, then I listen to Nevermind and I'm like "oh god, turn that dingo off!"

Mark Lanegan - Where Did You Sleep Last Night

Mark is a GOD compared to Kurt.