Hitman: Blood Money

Widescreen imitates the field of vision of your eyesight. People see in "widescreen" thanks to having 2 eyes. So looking at a game in widescreen feels more natural than looking into a square box.

The "widescreen" of a widescreen monitor is still woefully inadequate compared to the eye analogy you are making. Nevermind the fact that somehow the "eye" is able to be completely in focus wherever you look.

Well, I'm in my expert run right now.

Just a sec, I have to laugh for a while about the Bok's tallscreen.

:Eldar's full blown guffaws icon:

Whew. Okay. Anyhow, I prefer watching movies in widescreen, but I'm just not onboard with computer gaming widescreen... yet.

At any rate, I started playing on pro, but I needed practice at certain things. I could do the whole Vintage year mission, but getting the chop at the last minute when I took out the son sucked. However, I've got the hang of sneaking up on folks and grabbing or sedating them. I can do it pretty consistently now. Once I'm done with this run, I'll go for pro.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You're map [m] should give you red targets. Plus, the optional targets are dressed in different colored robes.

I didn't get SA on that one, though. I accidently used two methods to kill one of the other people and so had something like three accidents and one kill. Oops. I accident too many. I didn't think it would give me more options than victims, but one of my targets went in to sneak a drink from a bottle of booze. I followed him and then figured I'd just poison it. I'd also sabotaged something that killed him first, which meant there was an extra poisoned bottle of booze.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I just waltzed around as a doctor and gave everyone the treatment up in the office

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Why doesn't a game make sense in widescreen Alan?

Well, I'm not Alan, but movies in widescreen makes sense because that's how they are filmed. Because of the film used, they come out looking like that [widescreen]. Video games aren't made the same way.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Well, I'm not Alan, but movies in widescreen makes sense because that's how they are filmed. Because of the film used, they come out looking like that [widescreen]. Video games aren't made the same way.

Still doesn't answer my question because there's a reason why movies are filmed in widescreen in the first place. What is that reason. And why doesn't that reason apply to games in your opinion?

You're map [m] should give you red targets.  Plus, the optional targets are dressed in different colored robes.

I didn't get SA on that one, though.  I accidently used two methods to kill one of the other people and so had something like three accidents and one kill.  Oops.  I accident too many.  I didn't think it would give me more options than victims, but one of my targets went in to sneak a drink from a bottle of booze.  I followed him and then figured I'd just poison it.  I'd also sabotaged something that killed him first, which meant there was an extra poisoned bottle of booze.

What floor is the CIA target on?

Still doesn't answer my question because there's a reason why movies are filmed in widescreen in the first place. What is that reason. And why doesn't that reason apply to games in your opinion?

The film used. The film used in the cameras they use is in a widescreen format. They don't use those cameras to do video games.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The film used. The film used in the cameras they use is in a widescreen format. They don't use those cameras to do video games.

Ugh. Why is the film in a widescreen format?

That's how it was made. It wasn't made with "widescreen" in mind. TV's were just made square, when they should have been made wider. "Widescreen" is only widescreen when when related to TVs. That's why when you see a movie on TV it says "this film formatted for viewing" or something like that. They don't make the movie and say "Hey, lets use some widescreen film." They just use regular film. It's the TVs fault.

I like Bok's widescreen arguments. Basically, Pixies, you're helping make his point. Widescreen is probably superior, but I'm just not willing to shell out the cash for something with minimal uses right now.

Obsidian Plays

LOL I'm such a lazy arguer, widescreen games are cooler than square screen games. You see more. Seeing more is better than seeing less.
You don't really see more. A 16:9 aspect ratio offers less viewing area than 4:3. It is debatable whether the difference between lateral and vertical fields of view (180 vs 140 degrees) is actually relevant, since the eye's actual focus area is only a fraction of the actual field of view.

Anyway, props to you for a creative solution, lol :D

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

LOL I'm such a lazy arguer, widescreen games are cooler than square screen games. You see more. Seeing more is better than seeing less.
You don't really see more. A 16:9 aspect ratio offers less viewing area than 4:3. It is debatable whether the difference between lateral and vertical fields of view (180 vs 140 degrees) is actually relevant, since the eye's actual focus area is only a fraction of the actual field of view.

Anyway, props to you for a creative solution, lol :D

Yeah the massive celings and floors are kinda immersive in their own way LOL.

True widescreen games take the existing 4:3 view and add about an inch and a half more viewing area on each side, claiming that is less of a FOV is a little nuts.

The whole corrisponding field of eye view topic is debatable however. Interesing article.

If you played in first person[widescreen], does it make you feel like your eyes are next to your ears? Like can you see whats behind you?

If you encountered that then you set your FOV too high. Correct FOV for widescreen is 100 or 105.