Planescape: Torment

karka

Wisdom is THE most important stat in the game because it unlocks many dialogue options, clues and also gives you more experience points. It is imperatie that you have a high WIS.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I am completely new to this game. Got any suggestions? Especially about character creation?

As stated before, concentrate all statpoints on WIS, INT and CHA, thus playing as a mage is feasable. Early in the game, speak with the old woman at ragpicker's square to become a mage, the rest of the game unfolds itself nicely, playing as lawful good and avoiding fighting as much as possible.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't think I've ever played PS:T with a low WIS character.  Does it make the game suffer?

I dont think itll make much sense if you dont have enough WIS to get to know the backstory. Youre supposed to have atleast WIS 25 I think in the end to the full monty

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I am completely new to this game. Got any suggestions? Especially about character creation?

You can't die.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I've played through this game.... well.... let's just say I've reached Hades level with this game. At any rate, if you want the full breadth of dialogue options, I'd just hack the Int, Cha, and Wis scores up to 21 at start. Frankly, a couple of time, I pumped them to 25. Now, that's cheesy, but after playing through the game a few times, I figured I wasn't playing it for the bragging rights anymore and started getting creative.

I also hacked into the game and simply read all the dialogue options to see what I missed. Still, I'd go for high int, wis, and cha simply because some of the most enjoyable moments of the game were a direct result of a high wisdom. In particular, there's a little matter of rings that requires a wisdom over 20. That, THAT one exchange was my favorite from any game I've ever played.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Download the unofficial fixpack here. It's well worth it.

EDIT: redundancy. <_<

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

"You can't die."

Yes, you can.

Also, don't listen to the powergamers who want you to have high wisdom. Just play the game like you want to. You should be fine. :(

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.