What are you playing ...

Just a quick question for anyone who has played, is Max Payne 2 any good? Its 9.99 on amazon, figured I might buy it.

Other than that, I've just finished Bloodlines as a prissy toreador and am at the St Edgar's stage of Thief: Deadily Shadows.

PC or one of the crappy console versions.

I mean, it's perfectly fine if you want to play a game designed for keyboard and mouse with thumbsticks.

By which I mean it isn't.

It's an awesome game though, at least, if you liked the first one it is.

Some people get bugged by the graphic novel style narrative.

It's basically more of the same as the last one with small improvements, the if it ain't broke don't fix it formula.

Also you can play as naked Mona.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I was playing NWN for the first time when I realized something... Obsidian won't have to try too hard to make a better game...

Blashemer! NWN rocks!

Okay - the OC isn't as good as KotOR (though not nearly as bad as some make it out to be) and SotU is a little short and linear, but given that it sets up HotU, it's endearing by default. For HotU is a masterpiece and it's as planerific as PS:T!

manthing2.jpg

I mean, it's perfectly fine if you want to play a game designed for keyboard and mouse with thumbsticks. 

It's basically more of the same as the last one with small improvements, the if it ain't broke don't fix it formula. 

Yarr, the PC version. And I enjoyed the first but it got a little repetitive and had some hammy lines. Still, I hear the plots great... a film noir love story eh? With naked Mona? Sounds… interesting. :(

Yarr, the PC version. And I enjoyed the first but it got a little repetitive and had some hammy lines. Still, I hear the plots great... a film noir love story eh? With naked Mona? Sounds

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was playing Heroes of Might & Magic 5, but I got a bit bored with the necromancer dude they just assigned as my character.

BUT.. (<-- a big but) While I was surfing around on the net I found a news tidbit about a tactical RPG called Night Watch (based on a russian book that was also turned into a crappy movie). It's supposed to be powered by the Silent Storm engine and it involves vampires. I am downloading the demo right now, so in a few minutes I shall see if it is any good. In any case, the game went gold today so it'll probably be in stores within the next two weeks.

Night Watch demo: http://www.gamershell.com/download_12193.shtml

Did anyone hear about this game before? Vampires, turn-based strategic combat, Silent Storm engine and it takes place in the modern fantasy world of the popular book by Lukyanenko.. It is bound to interest someone on this board.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've heard that it exists, but nothing much more. It's being made by the same guys behind Silent Storm (Nival) and - incidently - HOMM5. It's more RPGesque, IIRC. They also did Hammer & Sickle.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I bought Rome:Total War expansion set. Well, actually the gold edtion, since there seem to be no copies of the expansion anywhere. Only cost me around 30 euros, so no biggie.

Mus? did you get the Alexander expansion with that? Apparently it's only available by direct download ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What do I play nowadays? Well, a bit if Burnout 4, Castlevania - Curse of Darkness on my Xbox (currently in the process of a 100% final run), still some WoW, also tried out the new Heroes of Might and Magic game. Although pleasing for the eye, it lacks certain captivating aspects in gameplay. Oh and there's no Map editor either :/

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

I bought Rome:Total War expansion set. Well, actually the gold edtion, since there seem to be no copies of the expansion anywhere. Only cost me around 30 euros, so no biggie.

Mus? did you get the Alexander expansion with that? Apparently it's only available by direct download ...

Yeah mets, it's only available from the Total War site itself.

From what I've seen of it though, I wouldn't bother buying the thing. There's bunch of mods(WIP still) that just blow the thing out of water.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Did anyone hear about this game before? Vampires, turn-based strategic combat, Silent Storm engine and it takes place in the modern fantasy world of the popular book by Lukyanenko.. It is bound to interest someone on this board.

I enjoyed the demo. I just love the combat engine for all these Nival games. I plan on picking it up this summer, although I'll probably have to order it given the difficulty I had finding Hammer and Sickle. Based on the demo, it was also clear that Nightwatch is much more polished than Hammer and Sickle.

The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker. I don't think I've ever played a Zelda game that has let me down.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I saw Far Cry for ten bucks when picking up a cooling tray for my laptop. Recalling mkreku's words, I went ahead and bought it. Of course, what a waste of time as I haven't had time to play it. I guess I'm playing the "thinking about playing Far Cry even thought I don't have the time" game.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The weather's been too nice to play anything. I guess you could say I'm playing my camera.

But I did turn on Fish Tycoon again, so it's running the background all the time. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I tried the Night Watch demo today. It impressed me a whole lot more than the movie did. As usual with russian games the translation was a little off, but for once the voice overs were good. It was the first time I've seen the Silent Storm engine and I was impressed. The combat reminded me a lot about Jagged Alliance 2 and that's a good thing! The demo ended rather abruptly (or maybe my version just crashed?) but it sure made me want more. That's usually also a good thing :shifty:)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!