SUPERMAN RETURNS!

Calax

(though they brought back Super Memory this month, grrr),

Supermemory, wtf? So did he have super sense of humor too? Seriously?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The film will probably not suck, but it won't be Superman without Christopher Reeve (i blame my childhood memories).

I can't help having a soft spot for the hero Superman though, since many of the other heroes are a bit too emo-ish for me.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Kevin Spacey is playing Lex Luthor. That alone is enough for me to watch the movie. If I had a favorite yogurt, then Kevin Spacey would be that yogurt of movies.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Quite right Brother Alan. You can never go wrong with the old hopperoo.

DISCLAIMER: This post in no way advocates theft of theatre passes from Cinema corporations or their subsidiaries thereof. Kids - stay in school and say NO to drugs!

manthing2.jpg

With the big megaplexes, it's almost too easy.

My roommate and I can watch movies no problem, and one day we were board and successfully got in 5 movies.

Of course it usually means seeing a crap movie as filler. We didn't quite see all of Boogeyman, but we got the gist of the movie. Maybe missed the first 20 minutes.

Off the top of my head, we saw Million Dollar Baby, Hitch, Boogeyman, some other thriller, and ended with Hide & Seek.

We just did the 5 to see if we could one up the 4 we did a long time ago. The Mummy Returns, Crocodile Dundee in LA (haha, lameo thriller...though my roommate had never seen any of the dundee movies so all the old recycled jokes were new for him), and then One Night at McCool's.

While I applaud your tremendous effort, I can't help but sympathise with your plight, Alan. For you see, the Happy Hopper never even has to miss the first 20 minutes.

It's all in the planning you see. You don't hop blind, but you print out the schedule for you designated cinema. Next, crease the page along its horizontal & vertical axes, and fold and slip it into you pocket. At the opportune moment, this surreptitious sheet will show you the way...

manthing2.jpg

We don't hop blind. We went exactly into every movie that we planned on going to see. We use http://www.edmovieguide.com which is conveniently a movie guide for the Edmonton area. From there, we plan our movie adventure out.

It may have been possible for us to catch 5 movies without missing any part of any movie, but at the same time we also have some movies that we want to see.

Edited by alanschu

I love Zod, over the top goodness.

Hackman's Luther seemed great in it's day but on re-viewing it feels over the top in the not-good way.

Smallville's Luther is great. Too bad the rest of the show, imo, isn't.

Reeve was a good all-purpose Superman but there could be better.

I don't think this new guy will be it, tho. If Kevin Spacey wasn't Luther I probably wouldn't see the new Superman until it was a $1 DVD sale.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If Kevin Spacey wasn't Luther I probably wouldn't see the new Superman until it was a $1 DVD sale.

I have a hard time believing that.

This is like a lot of people on this forum that were thrashing Oblivion before it came out and most people here ended up buying and playing it.

Hype is hard to resist because it's basically brainwashing.

3 months ago there were already Superman Doritos in grocery stores and threads like this one only feed the hype.

You may not go see it on release day, but you'll go see it.

I'd bet a pseudo cookie on that but Dark Raven already won the only one I had...

:D

I've seen 4, maybe 5 movies in the theater in the past 12 months. When movies come out on DVD, well, let's just say 90% of the time, if my husband didn't bring them home all the time, I still wouldn't see them till they came out on TV...and even when hubby rents them, I don't always watch them with him.

When it comes to films, at least, I can usually resist hype. I like movies but my serious passion for them cooled about 10 years ago. :cool:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts