SUPERMAN RETURNS!

Calax

The new guy is big enough, Superman isn't strong because he's a bodybuilder an he has to blend in with people while out of the suit.

In addition the new suit is of athicker and dfiferent material than previous versions thereby washing out definition on Routh's body.

Btw that pic Julian posted is photoshopped. :thumbsup:

Look, I'm not saying that Superman has to have huge muscles, just some. Reeve looked like he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag if it was pretorn for him.

And at least you can tell this Routh kid has some muscles. Reeve refused to lift weights for his role. He stuck to gay exercises like biking and ...get ready... jumping on a trampoline to get in shape back in the eighties.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Didn't the guy on the old '50 series committ suicide or something?

EDIT:

And Kevin Spacey is gay, and I for one am proud that he never had a press conference anouncing it like seemily everyone in Hollywood feels like they need to now.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Apparently there were rumours on The Usual Suspects set that he slept with Singer's boyfriend and they had a falling out.

Oh, I don't know about that. I thought you meant gay like he shaved his legs or something. :-"

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I hear that the new Superman is bi-curious. :o

No. All the gay rumours stem from the fact that the director is gay and then spread about by internet crazies. Kevin Spacey is rumoured to be so by some people and the new actor Brandon Routh must be gay because he was a male model!!

Its all pretty insane and malicious.

I heard it on the Colbert Report, a fake right wing comedy central show. Go figure. :-

As for Spacy, I think he might be but it doesn't really matter, he's damn good actor.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Btw that pic Julian posted is photoshopped. :-

superman_small-thumb.jpg

Here's a not-so-obvious one then. :o

why the HECK is there an S in the friggin belt!

All he's got in the comics as a basic little circle (that can pop open and is ledlined for those kryptonite emergancies)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Didn't the guy on the old '50 series committ suicide or something?

That's the official story, yes - that he was depressed about being typecast and unable to find new work etc. There are, of course, conspiracy theorists who like to claim he was murdered because of some mysterious circumstances.

There's always mysterious circumstances...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Did they find kryptonite at the scene?

Look, I'm not saying that Superman has to have huge muscles, just some.  Reeve looked like he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag if it was pretorn for him.

And at least you can tell this Routh kid has some muscles.  Reeve refused to lift weights for his role.  He stuck to gay exercises like biking and ...get ready... jumping on a trampoline to get in shape back in the eighties.

Trampolining is a very demanding sport: I used to have one and believe me it was very good for cardio and general fitness.

I read that he did bulk up, though, taking food supplements and doing some weight training. :ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The story goes...when he was hired for the role he supposedly weighed around 160-165 pounds and bulked up because he didn't want styrofoam muscles. I'm not sure I'm convinced Superman has to be really muscley, since he's not human and his super-abilities aren't related just to his physique. In shape yes, but you can be extrememly fit without being bulky and the rest comes from his genetics and that solar power. :)

Tho I've noticed in comics he gets more bulky all the time as the decades pass. -_-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, wasn't Superman said to be very weak for a guy from Krypton? He shouldn't be very bulky at all then.

(I was never a DC fan, I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

I hear that the new Superman is bi-curious. ;)

No. All the gay rumours stem from the fact that the director is gay and then spread about by internet crazies. Kevin Spacey is rumoured to be so by some people and the new actor Brandon Routh must be gay because he was a male model!!

I didn't know Brian Singer was even gay. Why do people even care? What difference does it make?

Edited by TrueNeutral

Well, wasn't Superman said to be very weak for a guy from Krypton? He shouldn't be very bulky at all then.

(I was never a DC fan, I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

I hear that the new Superman is bi-curious. :p

I didn't know Brian Singer was even gay. Why do people even care? What difference does it make?

Well, Superman could leave Lois Lane for Lex Luthor. :D

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Reeve bulked up during shooting to the point where they had to reshoot most of the early stuff because he looked so different by the end of the movie.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

See, now I remember my Superman Movie book from Scholastic that I ordered from school ( do they still do that nowadays?) waaay back in the day, and Reeves himself said he didn't lift weights because doing it made him feel 'nauseous' (you can correct my spelling, Meta).

And what sort of things do you do on the tramp, Meta? Run in place? I have to admit that it doesn't seem very practical to me.

Edited by metadigital

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I know, but it just seems so...silly. Maybe I'm too stuck in my manny man ways of thinking that weights are the only way to build big muscles.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif