Al-Zarqawi Dead

LoneWolf16

Do you find me heartless? Good, this bastard and his ilk is not worthy of any mercy.

And when a new head grows forth, they'll have to cut it off, again and again and again. How else would you defeat them?

I didn't say they were worthy of mercy, I'm just saying you shouldn't enjoy it.

Heartless? No.

Beastial? Possibly.

Aww, thanks D. That really means something coming from you. :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

It's a compliment. But hardly spot on. I shave my chest you know. :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Um...riiiiight.

Anyway, I'm with the hairless Norseman. If you're a person, and I use that term lightly in this case, who makes a living slaughtering innocent people, beheading foreigners, and trying to start wars, in which many many more will die, you've automatically lost the humanity that made it a negative thing to wish, and celebrate, your death.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Um...riiiiight.

Anyway, I'm with the hairless Norseman. If you're a person, and I use that term lightly in this case, who makes a living slaughtering innocent people, beheading foreigners, and trying to start wars, in which many many more will die, you've automatically lost the humanity that made it a negative thing to wish, and celebrate, your death.

Baley... I think they've missed the point... :lol:

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Enlighten me.

Please.

I'd love to hear why this...thing...doesn't deserve to be paraded around in the streets, strung up by his entrails. Keeping in mind, I'm not exactly jumping for joy here, but I'm sure as hell not mourning the little monstrosity.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Darth Launch, I think we got the point but it doesn't change the opinions... Oh and I must not forget the better knowing roll eye smiley... :huh:

DENMARK!

It's ok to feel a sense of relief when a bad man goes away, but to gloat over his death is a little too macabre for my tastes.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That's your loss then Lucius... you'd be a better person to not revel in another's death. And you should know me better than that. I would not use that smilie in such a way. Oh well.

And Lovewolf:

I'm not. I'm glad he's out of the picture of course. But this is just another pointless martyrdom. There are plenty of heads on this beast. And they'll grow angrier and angrier until they are no more. And now, as I sit here looking at this man's dead body,  I doubt there's enough kindness in our world to halt such monsters.

I'm not. I'm glad he's out of the picture of course. But this is just another pointless martyrdom. There are plenty of heads on this beast.

The Baley is right there... nor do I think celebrating the death of anyone, however evil or supposedly "deserving", is big or clever. Hypocrisy is rife on this forum. And, unfortunately, there will be those that will make this man into a martyr either out of sheer stupidity and ignorance or as an excuse to further their own motives... his capture would have been much better for all concerned.

Also, Lucius:

M-A-R-T-Y-R-D-O-M

That help? I'm quite ashamed with all of you. A man dies. A bad, evil man, but a man nonetheless. There's no joy in that. You celebrate what? That this marks the end to terrible things happening? Rubbish... it'll only get worse.

It always gets worse before it gets better.

The joy, and I'm sorry to tell you that there is indeed joy (Along side the little pang of remorse), comes from the knowledge that there is one less murderous animal out there. To refer to that thing as a man, or to treat it as such, is an insult to any good in the species.

I never claimed that his death would mean an end to anything, save for the life of a wretched excuse for a sentient being. :huh:

- Everlast

Well if it gets worse then that's just how it's going to be, they can't just not kill him out of fear that the fundies would get angry. I mean, they're trying to exterminate these people, not bend over for them.

DENMARK!

The joy, and I'm sorry to tell you that there is indeed joy (Along side the little pang of remorse), comes from the knowledge that there is one less murderous animal out there. To refer to that thing as a man, or to treat it as such, is an insult to any good in the species.

I never claimed that his death would mean an end to anything, save for the life of a wretched excuse for a sentient being. :huh:

But he'll only be replaced by five others and those that are already misguided by the fundamentalists will only double their "efforts"... that's mine and Baley's point. Funny you said "It always gets worse before it gets better."... I said "You can only see better after going blind" to Baley. And the joy thing... well, I doubt his death has brought much resolution to those that have suffered directly from his actions, but good for you and everyone else that feels joy then :)

Beheaded man's father: Revenge breeds revenge

O'BRIEN: Mr. Berg, thank you for talking with us again. It's nice to have an opportunity to talk to you. Of course, I'm curious to know your reaction, as it is now confirmed that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the man who is widely credited and blamed for killing your son, Nicholas, is dead.

MICHAEL BERG: Well, my reaction is I'm sorry whenever any human being dies. Zarqawi is a human being. He has a family who are reacting just as my family reacted when Nick was killed, and I feel bad for that.

I feel doubly bad, though, because Zarqawi is also a political figure, and his death will re-ignite yet another wave of revenge, and revenge is something that I do not follow, that I do want ask for, that I do not wish for against anybody. And it can't end the cycle. As long as people use violence to combat violence, we will always have violence.

O'BRIEN: I have to say, sir, I'm surprised. I know how devastated you and your family were, frankly, when Nick was killed in such a horrible, and brutal and public way.

BERG: Well, you shouldn't be surprised, because I have never indicated anything but forgiveness and peace in any interview on the air.

O'BRIEN: No, no. And we have spoken before, and I'm well aware of that. But at some point, one would think, is there a moment when you say, 'I'm glad he's dead, the man who killed my son'?

BERG: No. How can a human being be glad that another human being is dead?

I'm aware of that. But Lucius already addressed it. Had we captured him, what would have happened then? More would have risen to take his place, and the anger would still be there.

So what should have been done? Let him go free? Leave him to his plots? For god sakes, do you know what this monster's done? I'm sorry, (Actually, I'm not.) but I can't feel more than my usual "There goes more wasted human potential" for this thing after seeing one of those videos...I never intended to view it, but the file name only gave a date.

Remember beheadings from the middle ages? They'd take an axe to your neck, or the guillotine would drop? These ****ing wastes of breath didn't do that. They actually sawed these people's heads off with a hunting knife, while they were still alive, kneeling there, screaming.

It took a while.

I'm sorry, but if you're capable of that, you deserve no quarter.

- Everlast

Ooh... good article Bales. Pretty much sums up my view on the whole thing :huh:

EDIT - If he had been caught, then he would have been tried in court for his crimes. You know, aren't the "democratic" nations meant to be setting an example to the "barbaric" ones? Celebrating this man's death only teaches that the death of an enemy is a good one. Not a good lesson. Not by my standards at least. And yes, I am aware of his crimes, as I do read and follow the News almost religiously (my obsession with the BBC News website has a part in that). Don't give me the whole "in the middle ages" **** Lovewolf... atrocities of all shapes and forms took place everywhere as recent as 100 years ago. Surely you know that.

And from my own research, and that I have read of other psychologists, anyone is capable of anything (do a google search of Milgram for an example).

Edited by Darth Launch

"Battle not with monsters, lest in doing so you become a monster yourself. And if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."