NWN2 hardware requirement

Pagan

When you get there.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

From the Bio board

Found on GameSpot:

Minimum, right now, is looking like a 2.4GHz P4, 512MB of RAM, NVidia 5600Ultra or ATI 9500pro or better and broadband for multiplayer.

Feargus Urquhart

CEO

Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.

www.obsidianent.com

Whoops, look like I can play this game after all.

Good, my four year old Dell 8200 should run it fine then :

2.4 GHz P4B

1024MB PC-800 RDRAM

6800TD 512MB ASUS video card *

SB Audigy Gamer sound card

WD 80GB primary HD

Seagate 120GB secondary HD

crappy HK 2.1 speakers

* Did have to upgrade from an aging Leadtek FX5600 Ultra to the ASUS 6800TD in order to play Oblivion at 1600x1200 tho'...

Edited by howling1

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

Heck, I'll just overclock or something. Fast/Ugly is alwys better than Moderately Fast/Ugly.

And for the rest of the discussers, I agree with Llyr. Get a room or something.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

AMD? Surprise you can play anything on that.  :)"

Interested in getting a console? :-"

Or is PS3/X-Box 360/Wii even more difficult than AMD>Intel? :-"

Obsidian better give Hades a free game or something when Hades reaches level 10.

If they do that expect a flood of spammers trying to get to lvl 10. Think "Other Games"

[/Off-topic]

That the system specs. They look pretty low to me... :(

Please take up any moderating issues via PM.

Edited by metadigital

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Agh, mine processor is only 1.8 GHz. Well, a gig of RAM should circumvent that lack quite efficiently. Hope my 6600 can manage the game on medium though.

Should be fine ... one of the E3 presentations mentioned that the minimum video spec was Shader Model 2, which is well within the 6600's remit.

:(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The point is that consoles are a better value and have longer use before you have to "upgrade" and the fact PC developers are always pushing (always always always) for higher and higher specs each game they make means the target audience keeps getting smaller and smaller :(

Just as some consumers look for better long-term value, some are happy to pay a premium for higher quality. ^_^

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The point is that consoles are a better value and have longer use before you have to "upgrade" and the fact PC developers are always pushing (always always always) for higher and higher specs each game they make means the target audience keeps getting smaller and smaller :wacko:

Just as some consumers look for better long-term value, some are happy to pay a premium for higher quality. ^_^

Both of those arguments, though, ignore the true issue in the console vs PC debate, which is compatability (with performance included). If I buy an X-Box game, I'm virtually guaranteed (barring disk defect or hardware problem) that it will play in my X-Box. For PC games, however, I have to make sure that I have a compatible video card, enough RAM (and companies are often deceptive in how much RAM is needed), new or special video drivers, a fast enough processor, and may have to exit the game regularly in order to avoid memory leaks. These are all headaches avoided by consoles.

If the PC is in the upper, newer spec, then there it is negligible (i.e. < chance of console game not working) that the PC won't play any game.

Ah, but will it play it well? That's the question, isn't it? My home PC is good (maybe not the best, but better than most mentioned in this thread), and it doesn't run some games well despite exceeding recommended system specs. Optimization is a problem in PC game design.

a PC can be used both for playing and making games, thus the PC always wins.

:-"

Introducing the new exciting 'Action Programming Keyboard" for the 360 with 'System Shock' function that gives the user a 220volt shock everytime you get a syntax error. Make programming more fun today! :wacko:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If the PC is in the upper, newer spec, then there it is negligible (i.e. < chance of console game not working) that the PC won't play any game.

Ah, but will it play it well? That's the question, isn't it? My home PC is good (maybe not the best, but better than most mentioned in this thread), and it doesn't run some games well despite exceeding recommended system specs. Optimization is a problem in PC game design.

You seem to be confusing the ability to play a game with the quality of the gaming experience.

I can buy a Radeon X1900XTX card NOW that will allow me to play at resolutions to make the not-yet-released Playstation 3 blanche with embarrassment.

The point is that PC gaming is at a higher specification than console gaming: console gaming is better value, not better quality.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Console games don't all play with perfect performance, either.

No, but you're guaranteed that they'll play.

Unless they don't.

Don't what? Play on consoles? In my 24 years of gaming, I've had two games not play on my various consoles: the first was due to a defective disk, the second was due to my PS2's DVD player being worn out (a year after I got it, too). That's a high rate of success, so "Unless they don't" is statistically insignificant.

Edited by deganawida