New Hellgate: London site

karka

I care if I can not read the bloody thing. Text towards the left I can not read and there is no bottom scroll bar.

It works just fine on 1024x768 which is the standard resolution these days. And when I resized to 800x600 it was indeed too big, but there was horizontal scrolling. I dont know how you manged to disable it, but in FF it worked just fine.

The standard is 800*600 last I checked. :ph34r:

They forced the web site to be in the resolution of 1024*768 which is bad design. A web site should not be at a fixed resolution.

But this is besdies the point, lets hope Hellgate will be a kick ass game regardless of rumors of it being for Vistas. :rolleyes:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Well that is the problem when you are gone from the forums for several hours. You come back to pages after pages of new posts and can't find where you left off.  :rolleyes:

Points Dark_Raven to that conviently located orange block next to threads that will take her directly to the first new post since the last visit :-"

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

So much good game-related news in so short a time! Halo 3 announced, now this! *In heaven* ^_^

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'm really looking forward to this title. I just hope the single player game doesn't suck. I enjoyed Diablo 2 in both single player and multiplayer games.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

They forced the web site to be in the resolution of 1024*768 which is bad design. A web site should not be at a fixed resolution.

Can't believe I missed this post.

Actually it is quite simple and is used way more often. Since most gamers (target audience) have a monitor with 1024x768 or more, just a VERY small minority not they decide that would be a nice enough minimum.

Hellgate:London uses it, Supreme Commander uses it and more will follow...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

People still use 800x600?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

I use 1200x1600. Nothing fills my monitor. :shifty:

But that's besides the point!

!!!

The list of Vista games are as follows:

* Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures (Funcom)

* Alan Wake (Microsoft Game Studios)

* Company of Heroes (THQ)

* Crysis (EA)

* Flight Simulator X (Microsoft Game Studios)

* Halo 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)

* Hellgate: London (Namco Bandai Games America)

* Shadowrun (Microsoft Game Studios)

MOTHERF***ER!

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Hah, half of my most expected games list is Vista-exclusive.

No doubt there's going to be some barely legal third party program to run them in XP. I wouldn't worry.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:shifty:

I'd upgrade to Vista if I thought it'd actually do anything for me. Everything I've seen on it seems to indicate that they just changed some system folder names and added a fancy system hogging GUI.

Goddamn retarded.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Uh-huh. I'm curious why so many(concerning the pros and cons) devs choose to develop for Vista. Or is it a choice?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Yeah, expect them to be unique alright. <_<

kirottu said:

It's a bad thing :)

Not everyone uses that :wacko:

96% of the target audience uses a resolution of 1024x768 or higher...

Why make the site suitable for that 4%?

Some numbers:

Primary Display Resolution (711288 Users)  

800 x 600        24,212                3.40 %

1024 x 768      338,203              

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I didn't know this was Vista exclusive until about a minute ago.

Microsoft is a bully...a big mean, money grubbing bully. And Vista had damn well better be worth the system resources, or have a lite version available or something.

- Everlast

I don't usually like games with this kind of backdrop (tech in fantasy) but I'm definitely interested. I'm sure I'll buy it when it comes out - D2 is ancient and it'd be nice to have a newer, similar type on-line game to play that's not a massive multiplayer free for all, if you know what I mean. Too bad it doesn't look like it'll be released for a long time yet.

There's an unofficial site up now too, by the same people who did the diabloii.net site. It's a little chunky to load sometimes for me, but I assume it'll eventually be more user-oriented rather than 'official'.

http://hellgate.loadedinc.com/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts