NWN 2 official Tailer !!!!!! ( INTRO? )

Dagon

meh, too short and it reminds me too much of NWN's intro. Cool graphics, but I was unimpressed.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I'm not sure how much I like 'Matrix moments' in my fantasy stuff, which is why I likely won't go near the new Dungeon Siege film (as if I needed another reason).

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

blizzard stuff works 'cause they dump so much money into the effort. you gets kewl factor after seeing blizzard stuff. obsidian and atari ain't willing to spend the time and effort on blizzard quality movies... so we gets a blizzard-lite intro... which kinda misses the whole point o' why the blizzard stuff is cool. if you ain't gonna try to dazzle us with hollywood movie quality animation, then don't bother... is money pi$$ed down the drain. is not like any of the cut scene movies is really gonna add to playing experience anyway... is simply an opportunity to makes people "ooh" and "ahh" at your effors... and with our ADD generation, those seconds of glitz is maybe all some folks will be able to recall from a game.

to this day we still is thinking that iwd had our favorite cut scene movies and intro. sure, blizzard has done some visually impressive stuff, but 5 seconds of blizzard pyrotechnics not could compare favorable to winchester narration and very nice story books drawings we got in iwd.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

There are CGI companies out there that make intro FMVs on contract, and given the quality of work I saw in Warhammer 40k intro (one such contracted FMV), it seems that they're about as good as Blizzard. Was this made by the Obsidian/Atari artists?

There are doors

I'm not surprised.

Speaking of the CG quality alone, the trailer/intro didn't look bad at all. However, it was a bit too short and lacked the impact of truly amazing CG ala WH40k.

Still, I'm not sure why Gromnir had the impression that Blizzard's CG artists were much better - did you see the WoW intro?

There are doors

"Still, I'm not sure why Gromnir had the impression that Blizzard's CG artists were much better - did you see the WoW intro?"

did not see wow movie.

warcraft 3 and diablo 2 both had very impressive movie sequences given the date of their release. if blizzard has changed philosophy and no longer dumps big cash into little movies, then good for them.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I am not particularly impressed by CG. May they be intros or part of the game sequence. They get in the way of actual gameplay and they are more than often worthless in terms of propelling the story forward through engaging the player. I prefer in game cinematics with in the game engine than FMV if such things are used.

These things are lost on me but I guess some people like them. As Gromnir notes, the Blizzard ones are usually pretty exceptional (and I guess there are others) but they rarely interest me.

More in-game footage please.

I didnt read the 2nd page of this thread but the man with the tattoos is the "shadow king" isnt he?

edit: pre-rendered FMV's might be fun as part of the finale to a game but at this point all I want too see from NWN2 is ingame, ingame and more ingame

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Because you can compare them with the ingame footage of last week and see a HUGE difference? :("

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

blizzard stuff works 'cause they dump so much money into the effort.  you gets kewl factor after seeing blizzard stuff.  obsidian and atari ain't willing to spend the time and effort on blizzard quality movies... so we gets a blizzard-lite intro... which kinda misses the whole point o' why the blizzard stuff is cool.  if you ain't gonna try to dazzle us with hollywood movie quality animation, then don't bother... is money pi$$ed down the drain.  is not like any of the cut scene movies is really gonna add to playing experience anyway... is simply an opportunity to makes people "ooh" and "ahh" at your effors... and with our ADD generation, those seconds of glitz is maybe all some folks will be able to recall from a game. 

to this day we still is thinking that iwd had our favorite cut scene movies and intro.  sure, blizzard has done some visually impressive stuff, but 5 seconds of blizzard pyrotechnics not could compare favorable to winchester narration and very nice story books drawings we got in iwd.

HA! Good Fun!

You know it. After seeing the movies in K2 they pale in comparison to the movies of Diablo 2.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I am not particularly impressed by CG.  May they be intros or part of the game sequence. They get in the way of actual gameplay and they are more than often worthless in terms of propelling the story forward through engaging the player.  I prefer in game cinematics with in the game engine than FMV if such things are used.

No surprise here.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.