BREAKING NEWS: JADE EMPIRE FOR PC

"You'd be lucky to get anything other than adding mouse support to the console interface and having them call it a "full reworking of the interface for the PC version" like they did with Knights of the Old Republic."

Aye, but KOTOR wasn't a port. JE was optimized for the x-box so I think to even be playable on the PC it most certainly needs a reworking or else you'll likely hear even more complaints about the PC control unlike KOTOR wher eonly us hardcorez PC users complained about the controls...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I find that somewhet misleading. I's that an actual quote?

Yes.

3. What will be the main differences between the Xbox and PC version of the game?

A: The biggest difference will be in the interface design. We are fully reworking the interface for the PC version of the game to take complete advantage of the keyboard and mouse. Also, we will of course take advantage of the different video cards on the PC, as well as supporting different resolutions.

They were just "fully reworking it" to take advantage of the keyboard and mouse.

Since this rumour seems to ahve been a bust, it should be pointed out that BIO has promised a 'surprise' at E3.. The oppular thought was the announcemnt of their yet undiscloed x-box 360 game which would likely be JE2... but, it would be a dissapointment (at least to me) if it ended up just being JE for PC.... *shrugs*

Nah, it would be a waste. JE is a 1 year old game. It'll be 2 years (at the earliest) if released on PC... It's time to move on.

"Hi. I've never played X, but X is a terrific game. Therefore, it deserves to be on PC because, as we all know, only kids and immature morons play consoles."

Actually, Jade Empire is a piece o' crap, and wasn't worthy of any system. How a 15 hour game, without missing any sidequests can be rated above 7.0, I'll never know.

JE is 20-30 hours unless you skipped everything. Take that!!! It also has the best role-playing this side of FO. Take that x2!!!

Anything between 15-25. Still makes me laugh when someone on the Bioware boards said I should have walked to make the game last longer.

If you consider roleplaying being so heavily foreshadowed that it completely gives the game away. And then being stuck going through the motions of the plot.

"There is a hole in your tecnique". (which could only have come from one place)

"Um..Really ?"

"Thanks, better do something about that"

Voice from Bioware.

"HA HA HA that's what you think"

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"someone on the Bioware boards said I should have walked to make the game last longer."

Must've been Hades.

Walking for the sake of walking in CRPGS is just plain dumb waste of time.

"someone on the Bioware boards said I should have walked to make the game last longer."

Must've been Hades.

Walking for the sake of walking in CRPGS is just plain dumb waste of time.

How could I? I've been banned.

I think that they overused "There is a flaw I cannot see" in the character's martial art technique way to much. Every single person that saw you fight that was knowledgable about such things commented on it over and over and over again. Then Bioware gives the player no opportunity to fix that flaw in character. They use t to kill the character, then as a plot point.

If my character's death leads me to that place where I go when dude kills me why don't I go there sooner if I die before that point? Why does Dude killing me extends to the portion of the spirit world?

There are a lot of lame aspects of Jade Empire that really makes no sense.

Edited by Judge Hades

If my character's death leads me to that place where I go when dude kills me why don't I go there sooner if I die before that point?  Why does Dude killing me extends to the portion of the spirit world?

Or why does the flaw suddenly get fixed at that point (reason of course it's no longer a plot device) when you have been aware of it for practically the whole game and couldnt do a thing about it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]