What happened to the pc version of Jade Empire?

ramza

Can; but won't.

You are a BIO fanboy. I mean you bought an x-box just so you cna play JE -an Action RPG - on the day of its release.

Just admit the truth. We'll still love you. :">

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I prefer a game to be one platform or the other. Trying to make a game that does both makes for a bad UI and poor gameplay. If Oblivion was wholly PC I am sure we would have a much better UI out of the box and no stupid minigames.

I hate minigames.

Why? TES series have been predominantly PC games. I do think they could have done TES off shoots on the X Box, games like Redguard, but the main TES games should be PC only. This way the PC gamers can get games with no console influences and the console gamers can get a game with no PC influences.

Edited by Judge Hades

Why not take the best of both worlds so both types of gamers can be happy?

Me? I'm happy playing the best games possible no matter the format.

Edited by Volourn

Trying to take the best of both worlds often seems to fail though. The interface for Oblivion is a glaring example of thinking that a game can work well on both platforms. Fortunately it's possible (and relatively easy in the case of Oblivion) to modify the interface to be more suitable for a PC monitor a couple feet from your face rather than a standard (non-HD) TV across the room.

Just about every game that is released for both console and PC has significant aspects that could have been relatively easily improved if the developers didn't have to worry about whether it would work well on the other platforms. Consoles and PCs differ not just in hardware, but also in their audience, so compromises tend to be necessary.

-Kasoroth

Eh?

1. This is a JE thread; not a Oblivion thread.

2. We were disucssing consoles and PC stuff generally; not Oblivion specifically.

3. So.. what are ye talkin' aboot, Willis?

This is a thread about a game that doesn't exist.

Not surprisingly, like other threads this thread evolved. It moved to a discussion about games made for both PC and console, and Oblivion is a recent example.

People made a reference to it, citing the interface as an example of why console games and PC games made together are a bad idea. I feel the interface for the PC version of Oblivion is fine, and you chimed in stating you had no intention of buying the game.

If anyone went "off topic," it was you, as we weren't interested in whether or not you were planning on buying the game.

Another example would be

DX (PC-based interface)

DX:IW (consolised interface)

Difference: Loads and loads of depth less :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Because the majority of PC gamers will never be happy with console aspects and the majoirty of consolers will never be happy with PC aspects in their games. If you head over tot he Bethesda forums you will see the X Box 360 gamers complaining about the PC influence of Oblivion while the PC gamers are complaining about the console influence of Oblivion, if such threads weren't being locked and/or deleted.

Edited by Judge Hades

"If anyone went "off topic," it was you, as we weren't interested in whether or not you were planning on buying the game."

Nonsense. Kas used Oblivion to illustatre a point he wa smaking. I repsonded that I couldn't answer that ebcause I have not played yet. Read next time.

Thank you. :(