What happened to the pc version of Jade Empire?

ramza

"Expansion packs made by the developer count. Mods made by fans count towards a games replayability."

Yo, the Premium Mods that we refer to are made by the developer and they cost money. And, outside of the smaller scale, are pretty much expansions: ie. official product that one must pay for that adds to an existing game. So, thanks for helping me out vs. The Super Evil known as Hades. :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I found an interview dating back to 2004 in which BIO's CEO stated that he intended to release a pc version of the game. Since I did not own an X-Box (and still don't intend to buy one), I was rather happy at the time. But we haven't heard anything about it since then. Did I miss something?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/jadeempire2-2.php

(see bottom of the page)

huh?

"GB: If Jade Empire sells well for the Xbox, is there anything that would necessarily restrict you from porting the game to the PC? If there would ever be a PC version of the game, are there any particular features you'd like to tweak or enhance given the opportunity to take advantage of more powerful PCs?

"Ray: We haven

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I found an interview dating back to 2004 in which BIO's CEO stated that he intended to release a pc version of the game. Since I did not own an X-Box (and still don't intend to buy one), I was rather happy at the time. But we haven't heard anything about it since then. Did I miss something?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/jadeempire2-2.php

(see bottom of the page)

You're not missing anything.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Like I said, I have every intention in buying and playing the Mass Effect games, when the X Box 360 is available for under $100, just like I did for Jade Empire.

A cost effective and smart way to do it, Hades. :)

Of course it is a little different than before, since when JE was released, the XBOX was already in the $99-149 price region. And I'm assuming when ME is released the 360 will still be up there in price. So there might be some waiting involved...

manthing2.jpg

Too bad Jade Empire was not ported. I found JE to be something of interest from what I saw and read, it looked like a very good game, I just don't have an X-box.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Yeha, all I've heard is that sometime in 2007 is the *earliest* that DA will be released. And, if it does, I'd wager it be around Christmas time next year if anything...

According to dev posts on Bioboards, they are within a year or so from the release of Dragon Age.

This I doubt.

Linky?

Oops, a wrong expression. Not <= 1 year, >= 1 year :ermm:

But, yeah, a year or so out from release... that's when you will start hearing the PR machine roll. If the wait is tiresome, I would suggest going away and simply coming back once you start hearing it churn. Trust me, it will be quiet until then.

Link

Edited by Diamond

"I am betting it will be a 15 hour short POS if it is released at all."

You will buy it at fuill price on day of release.

You will replay it dozens of time.

You will enjoy it.

You will come to the boards and bash it.

You will whine about how easy it is.

You will whine about how much you died against a certain creature, and then accuse BIO of cheating.

Good times for all. :luck: