The Chosen One Chooses NWN2

Volourn

"Every game where the PC is the protagonist is "Chosen One"?"

NWN OC is an exmaple of a non Chosen one. As is BL. While the PC becomes an important figure in both of those games; it's through their actions that they do so; not by something as lame as what occured when theyw ere a baby. I mean, seriously, the Gith couldn't find the PC before he was all growed up and able to defend himself?

LOLOLOLLIPOP

P.S. Irenicus was not the protaginist. He was the atagonist. BG2 was still about the PC's journey into discovering his history, and future. Don't confuse the fact that BIO actually gave Irenicus a depth, and purpose that was more than just 'kill PC' as making him the protagonist.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Every game where the PC is the protagonist is "Chosen One"?"

NWN OC is an exmaple of a non Chosen one. As is BL. While the PC becomes an important figure in both of those games; it's through their actions that they do so; not by something as lame as what occured when theyw ere a baby. I mean, seriously, the Gith couldn't find the PC before he was all growed up and able to defend himself?

Why did it take Sauron 50 years (after Bilbo found it) to track down the one ring ? And neither Bilbo or Frodo are chosen ones.

A chance event does not mean that a character is the chosen one.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"Why did it take Sauron 50 years (after Bilbo found it) to track down the one ring ? And neither Bilbo or Frodo are chosen ones.

A chance event does not mean that a character is the chosen one."

Frodo certainly was. Gandalf pretty much even so. Paraphrasing he stated repeatedly,"You ar ethe only one who can protect,a nd wear the ring!"

LOLOLOLOLLIPOP

Sure sounds like a Chosen one tm story to me.

Very poor example, Sir Paladin. Even worse than the NWN2 proposed story. LOL

Edited by Volourn

Why did it take Sauron 50 years (after Bilbo found it) to track down the one ring ? And neither Bilbo or Frodo are chosen ones.

It's implied by Gandalf that the Ring abandoned Gollum purposefully and chose Bilbo and Frodo in order to get back to Sauron's hand.

Frodo certainly was. Gandalf pretty much even so. Paraphrasing he stated repeatedly,"You ar ethe only one who can protect,a nd wear the ring!"

He wasn't the only one. It didn't seem to affect Sam at all. Gandalf just wanted Frodo to wear it because it seemed to be the best thing to do.

"Why did it take Sauron 50 years (after Bilbo found it) to track down the one ring ? And neither Bilbo or Frodo are chosen ones.

A chance event does not mean that a character is the chosen one."

LOLOLOLOLLIPOP

Sure sounds like a Chosen one tm story to me.

Very poor example, Sir Paladin. Even worse than the NWN2 proposed story. LOL

Sam took the ring when Frodo "died" which dosnt make Frodo a chosen one. Only those without power could resist the ring and not become corrupted (in the end Frodo was anyway). Which is why Gandalf and Galadriel refused it. There is nothing specific to Frodo.

The only chosen one in LOTR is Aragorn. He is most definately a chosen one.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It's implied by Gandalf that the Ring abandoned Gollum purposefully and chose Bilbo and Frodo in order to get back to Sauron's hand.

Yes to leave the caves. It wasnt intended that Bilbo specifically find it or that it would be handed down to Frodo.

Who found the ring wasnt important. It just wanted out of the caves where it could have some better material to work with.

478327[/snapback]

No one says that 'Chosen One's' are always successful.

Afterall, you can fail in the BG series. You can fail in the KOTOR series. You cna fail in the Fallouts.

etc., etc...

I already explained this. In fact, Gandalf explains this in both the book and movie. You can't get much clearer than that.

Game over.

What Gandalf said isnt important.

Lets look at the two characters.

Frodo - carries the ring. It's not bound to him, other people can pick it up. If he dies (like in Cirith Ungol) someone else can wander over to the cracks of doom and drop the ring in. It dosnt have to be Frodo.

Aragorn. Scion of the kings of old, King of Arnor and Gondor. Wielder of Narsil reforged. etc. etc.

Only Aragorn can do those things. No one else can. Thats what makes him a chosen one and Frodo not. Frodo is just the best fit at the time. Not a chosen one.

478327[/snapback]