The Chosen One Chooses NWN2

Volourn

Well, think of it as a metagamer for a second. Playing as the chosen one is better because it is more exciting than not playing as the chosen one... I think? How about becoming the chosen one after you do some junk and get good at junk? I thought i read some review about the early NWN2 and how it was supposed to start you out as unimportant? Did i read about a different game? or did they change that?

BTW, I would choose her too :ph34r:

Edited by Blank

Well, think of it as a metagamer for a second. Playing as the chosen one is better because it is more exciting than not playing as the chosen one... I think? How about becoming the chosen one after you do some junk and get good at junk? I thought i read some review about the early NWN2 and how it was supposed to start you out as unimportant? Did i read about a different game? or did they change that?

There is a difference between being a protagonist and being a chosen one.

In NWN your chosen to go defend the creatures at the start. Not because your special, but because you are alive.

In Jade Empire the whole plot revolves around who you are. No one else can fill that role.

You can become important without having to be some sort of chosen hero.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

There is a difference between being a protagonist and being a chosen one.

In NWN your chosen to go defend the creatures at the start. Not because your special, but because you are alive.

In Jade Empire the whole plot revolves around who you are. No one else can fill that role.

You can become important without having to be some sort of chosen hero.

But doesn't being alive when others are not define you as chosen?

JE sounds good, if we judged games as good if they don't include the "chosen" factor.

Edited by Blank

Yup. And, NWN2's stated story fits in the JE camp - though not the same degree; but much closer to that than to NWN OC where you are just some adventurer.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

But doesn't being alive when others are not define you as chosen?

Not really otherwise every game with a protagonist would have a chosen one by default.

Being alive defines you as lucky/skillful nothing more.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yup. And, NWN2's stated story fits in the JE camp - though not the same degree; but much closer to that than to NWN OC where you are just some adventurer.

You could still replace the PC with another if the first died though. If it's just a matter of digging out the shard.

478327[/snapback]