Currently Listening To

Baley

Twilight Singers - A Love Supreme > Stay (Don't Go Away)

Coltrane cover into Marvin Gaye cover...... getting psyched for tonight.

Whats tonight? Friday I get to see Pinback at Emo's :)

Pinback -- Loro

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ghostface Killah - The Champ

Off Fishscale . I'm thinking of making another Rap thread in honour of this album.

Though actually it's just that nu-metal thread making me sick, with laughter. Haven't seen such risible ignorance since Eric Clapton was shown to be the public's favourite in that Blues vs Jazz thread.

Drabek is going to see the Twilight Singers.

The Twilight Singers? Aren't those the trapeze artist who smash all the concrete blocks with their genitals?

Modest Mouse -- Race Car Grin You Ain't No Landmark

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, I'm finishing up at work and about to hit the road for Cleveland. Y'all can expect a full report on the show and the album tomorrow. They've been playing Afghan Whigs stuff on the tour too, I hear.

If they play "Faded" I might cry.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

NOFX -- The Bath of Least Resistance

NOFX always had cool song titles.

Toy Dolls - Blue Suede Shoes

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Apocalyptica -- Reflections (album)

ooooh yeah, this is some good stuff.

We told ya, we told ya!

Apo is teh greatness.

Apocalyptica - Cohkka

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

the sun don't come 'round here no more

i know it won't be long

i hope i see you out tonight

and i hope we get it on

First lyrics from Greg Dulli's mouth last night.

The show was fantastic. They opened with the opener of the new album and played a bunch of stuff from it throughout the night. It all went over fairly well too even though nobody really knew it, because you could tell the band loved playing it. Greg Dulli lived up to the hype as one of the best frontmen out there - the first time he went from croon to scream I got chills.

They played one Afghan Whigs song, Fountain and Fairfax, and it absolutely killed. Other highlights (for me) were Too Tough to Die from the covers album and Annie Mae from their first album.

Listening to (for probably a week straight):

The Twilight Singers - Powder Burns (album)

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Go to the library Drabs!!!

I'm glad you had great time at your show last night. It sounds like the TS ( that's not Twisted Sister for you morons out there) put on a decent show. When I saw the 'Whigs over a decade ago all I can remember about the show was Dulli belting out the tunes like his life depended on it. Good to hear that hasn't changed.

Pixies - Alec Eiffel

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I should download a Pixies song just to hear if it's worth the hype.

That's Amore -- Dean Martin

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!