Currently Listening To

Baley

Metallica - Orion

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I should download a Pixies song just to hear if it's worth the hype.

You should, but they're not exactly worth the hype floating around this place.

Here are some bands I think you'd enjoy::

Tindersticks

Uncle Tupelo

The Pogues

16 Horsepower

Dead Can Dance

Wilco

Drabs, I've tried getting into The Afghan Whigs, but Congregation hasn't exactly grown on me. Are any of their other albums worth it, considering my current feelings?

The Pixies - Nimrod's Son ( live Zurich '89)

Evanescence - Solitude.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

The holy triumvirate of Whigs albums are Gentlemen, Black Love and 1965.

I pick those three because they have a good balance of the band's styles. Gentlemen is the apex of their angry rawkin' side, and 1965 has Soul with a capital S. The biggest difference is that their music got less raw over time, the punk gave ground to the R&B influences. And when they disbanded and Dulli formed the Twilight Singers, it became even smoother - until this new album. Whigs fans that didn't like TS much are heralding it as a return to form.

Best Afghan Whigs songs (totally subjective, but with a bit of consensus thrown in):

Gentlemen

If I Were Going

My Curse

Faded

My Enemy

Blame Etc.

Somethin' Hot

Neglekted

John the Baptist

Best Twilight Singers:

Last Temptation

The Twilight Kid

Esta Noche

Teenage Wristband

Number Nine

Hyperballad (Bjork cover)

Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair (trad. cover)

Too Tough to Die (Martina Topley Bird cover)

Listed in rough chronological order.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I rather like the two songs I've heard so far. A lot more mellow than I'd suspected. I'm going to try some of the harder stuff just to see how it sounds. Now that I have my new speakers, the sound quality is quite good.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Pixies -- I've Been Tired

I tell a tale of a girl, but I call her a woman

She's a little bit older than me

Strong legs, strong face, voice like milk, breasts like a cluster of grapes

I can't escape the ways she raise me

She'll make you feel like Solomon be one of your babies even if you had no one

None of the Pixies songs about incest suffer in quality just because they're alot of them.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

ETOS - Another me

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Nevermore --Dead Heart in a Dead World (album)

yesterday, I picked up "Storm of the Light's Bane" by Dissection, not really knowing what it was, from a used cd place.

turns out that this is one of the most definitive black metal (or, arguably, "blackened death metal") albums of all time.

the fast, hypnotic guitar riffs were so sweet....IMO, black metal is all about atmosphere and this album has some of the best atmosphere I have ever heard.

Velvet Revolver - Slither.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

NoMeansNo - The world wasn't build in a day

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds