"Witcher" interview, via 'Codex

kumquatq3

I can already tell you that Oblivion is better. You can create your own character in that. With playing more and more of Oblivion it just might unseat PS:T as my No. 2 spot for favorite CRPGs ever.

Edited by Judge Hades

I can already tell you that Oblivion is better.  You can create your own character in that.  With playing more and more of Oblivion it just might unseat PS:T as my No. 2 spot for favorite CRPGs ever.

I never thought you'd feel Oblivion is better than PS:T.

Heck...by your definition alone, you consider Morrowind to be better than Planescape: Torment.

I can already tell you that Oblivion is better.  You can create your own character in that.  With playing more and more of Oblivion it just might unseat PS:T as my No. 2 spot for favorite CRPGs ever.

Anything is better than PST. I would more enjoyment for a few hours of playing Tetris.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

If it is a CRPG then it needs to have the ability for the player to make a character he or she wants to play.  Without it you kill some of the fun.

Limiting the scope of available PCs is an acceptable measure for smaller developers: after all, how many people want to play as one-armed hunchback with Down Syndrome and a bad case of shingles?

Most people are happy to adopt the main character, as they play games to be the hero(ine).

Look at Deus Ex, for example.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

how many people want to play as one-armed hunchback with Down Syndrome and a bad case of shingles?

Does he have laser eye beams? Then, many.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Anything is better than PST. I would more enjoyment for a few hours of playing Tetris.

SILENCE HEATHEN!

In the name of fanboys of the best RPG ever, i hereby revoke your status as a moderator! May the Lady of Pain be at your mercy!

Just kidding.... :ermm:"

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

SILENCE HEATHEN!

In the name of fanboys of the best RPG ever, i hereby revoke your status as a moderator! May the Lady of Pain be at your mercy!

Just kidding.... :-"

I think that qould make you a one man army. :blink:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticl...p?searchid=9889

FiringSquad: Are there any plans for a demo of the game to be released?

Gary Keith: Yes, we do plan to release a demo, but the date is still under consideration.

FiringSquad: What is the current status of the game's progress and when will it be released?

Gary Keith: We are currently in our Alpha phase where the entire game is laid out with some placeholder assets. We plan to hit Beta by Fall and bug-fix and polish for a Spring 2007 release.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)