Dreamfall: The Longest Journey review

funcroc

You gotta be kidding me  :angry:

I went and checked the system reqs one last time before I tried to order this...

This game requires sp2 :thumbsup:

/sigh...

and it looked so good too.

Dreamfall runs well without SP2 too.

Whew :o

Ok, I'll put it back on the list :)

I was so irked at the idea I ordered something else instead :lol:

Just don't get confused when they now have to put that "Sp2 required" nonsense on every box.

So now, go get enjoy Dreamfall, that's an order, honey! :)

Why would it be a problem is SP2 was required? Its a free update :)

According to GAME it's not released in the UK till May 12th.

That's correct. It seems April 24th was an old estimate. Theyve changed the Swedish release from the 28th to May 5th aswell.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

SP2 is way more stable then it was when it first came out. I'd give it a try now that they've worked all the bugs out. It really is a good improvement over SP1. I also would like to hear what game syou can't play, since I haven't had any problems with JA2 and even Xcom.

I just finished up the game. Kind of funny that there are more questions coming out than when going in, but that's expected.

Overall, I'm satisfied, but it is definitely hard to say that this game is able to stand strong on its own. Maybe I'm still overwhelmed with nolstalgia from TLJ.

Edited by Kitch

Freedom Force stopped working for me.

Huh, I was so curious about this I was actually going to install the game. But, surprise, you need a CD Key that was inconviently placed on a jewel CD case. What a pain, I've got the CD and the packaging, but I have no clue where the jewel case is. Ah well.

SP2 is way more stable then it was when it first came out.  I'd give it a try now that they've worked all the bugs out.  It really is a good improvement over SP1.  I also would like to hear what game syou can't play, since I haven't had any problems with JA2 and even Xcom.

You have not had any problems running games like Baldur's Gate, Fallout, C&C or any others that are 2 years or older? I also read an article when it first came out that Kotor 1 and 2 would not run right with it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

You have not had any problems running games like Baldur's Gate, Fallout, C&C or any others that are 2 years or older? I also read an article when it first came out that Kotor 1 and 2 would not run right with it.

I've played all IE and C&C games (apart from Generals) under SP2 without any problems. Don't know about Fallout or the Kotors...

Well that is good to hear. I would hate to download the SP2 pack, it is huge and would take forever to download, and have my games quit working because of it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I've played all IE and C&C games (apart from Generals) under SP2 without any problems.

Could you explain how you got Red Alert working then?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Could you explain how you got Red Alert working then?

Well, I've got the First Decade Pack so things might be slightly different. But I've heard that all FD does with Red Alert (and C&C95) is enable Win95 compatability mode (just like you could do manually) for them to work under XP. As I said, they run flawlessly for me. I also installed the 1.01 patch, so I didn't even get the dreaded "Soviet Videos don't play" bug.

Again, SP2 was a pain when it was first released, but it's been over a year now. The bugs are pretty well worked out, and honestly the home network stuff is just a million times better than SP1. I'd still cross my fingers when you install it though ;-)

I guess the people who refuse to download SP2 for mysterious reasons are the same who disable windows update and blame Microsoft when there's a security problem on their computer.

I captured a little video of Dreamfall (xvid): http://omoikane.minstrum.net/dream.avi

Is the game good, or not good for an ADVENTURE game?

I think that's the best review for adventure gamers: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,626/

Another unfinished game... sigh. VtM:bloodlines, KoTOR2 why do the great games have to be unfinished? :)

Usually because Devs are not given enough time and money to finish them properly.

Also, on tying all the threads together- traditionally devs have always focused on the main/middle part of the game while not spending as much effort on the intro or the ending. In storydriven genres lie adventure games or CRPG's thats really an insane way to do things because nobody likes an anticlimax.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I've played all IE and C&C games (apart from Generals) under SP2 without any problems. Don't know about Fallout or the Kotors...

No problem with the KotORs ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No problems with Fallout 2 either.

I don't know about Fallout 1, never owned a copy.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds