What happened to all the good space sims??

Dorkface is only half-right, because I'm the one who won it.

Jerkface here is only half right, because I already won it myself.

: (

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I just realized that I haven't been hooked on a space simulator since Elite. On the Commodore 64 (2-3 fps rocks!).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just realized that I haven't been hooked on a space simulator since Elite. On the Commodore 64 (2-3 fps rocks!).

Nothing like docking to the tunes of Blue Danube... :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What are some good space sims or games with space ship to ship battles?

Freelancer.

Have to agree ... Freelancer is definitely one of the best Space Sims in recent history.

You can learn the controls in seconds, you can complete the storyline in about a week, and can continue exploring Sirius sector for months and not see everything.

Combat is exciting, but the opponent AI is not exactly challenging.

The storyline is entertaining, but the missions get pretty repetitive.

I've played through the game no less than four times, and will probably do it again in the future.

Edited by SamuraiGaijin

Tighter and better story, better looking ships and the missions are good fun. Freelancer is pretty much a space shooter with a thin veneer of Elite/Privateer that ends up feeling "empty" after a while. Once you find a trading "milkrun" you can make retardedly amounts of cash in a short while since Freelancers economy is static, which is a big no-no for a Elite clone.