What happened to all the good space sims??

I joined rebels too. Alderan is new rebublic navy base and not a rebel base. Not that it matters much, but still...

Also, dropping enemy fighters with starting weapons is almost impossible. Me and Jags tried to kill one Tie advanced for about 10 minutes and it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Can any of you guys actually shoot anything in these tweaked out ships?

It becomes alot easier when you get a ship with more than 2 gun mounts. I tried this in singleplayer where the mod lets you choose your starting money. 100.000.000.000 :D

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Dangit. I just enrolled at a new college and I'm looking for a second job. I'll be working seven days a week and when I'm not working I'll be doing homework. No online Freelancer parties for me. :-

On the bright side when I'm done with this course I'll not only have qualifications that allow me to get $50-$60 an hour jobs but also have all my general ed out of the way and be ready for UC Santa Cruz. I'll be making more than my father for all his fancy degrees.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, you gotta try the Axiomatic Demo. Gameplay wise, this is like Freelancer! (But less arcadey as it uses more realistic space physics like momemtum and inertia)

Here's a description, and you can dowload it here.

The space looks fantastic for a 10 meg straight-from-the-developer game, and it support DX9. So yeah Bok, go ahead an max out resolution and AA:

axiovidconfig.jpg

;)"

--

Also, if you're using a mouse, remember to invert it so it doesn't pitch up and down like a joystick (unless your into that kind of perversion...even though what you do in your personal time is none of my business).

Anyway, the demo put me in this 'survive as long as you can' skirmish mode:

post-1237-1154675519_thumb.jpg

But little do they know that Don Jag (and Alanschu) are surviving pilots from teh Wingman heydays!

post-1237-1154675643_thumb.jpg

Uh-oh, bogie on fire!

post-1237-1154675673_thumb.jpg

...and another one bites the dust

post-1237-1154675780_thumb.jpg

post-1237-1154675790_thumb.jpg

post-1237-1154675800_thumb.jpg

At this point the game probably didn't like the fact I was still alive (even though all my wingmen died! :) ), and so the demo started to time out...

post-1237-1154675908_thumb.jpg

post-1237-1154675923_thumb.jpg

I survived. Woo-hoo!

post-1237-1154675971_thumb.jpg

manthing2.jpg