Oblivion Thread

Fenghuang

Oh great. The world's ugliest signature picture is spreading. Just my luck.

Anyhow, I installed a huge pack of mods (the OMOD package) the other night, activated most of them after reading their descriptions. When I started up the game, my framerate had dropped 10 fps, the textures on my glass armour was missing and the game crashed within one minute.

I HATE PLAYER MADE MODS!!

Although I still use the LOD and distant texture mods.. they're awesome.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Oblivion adventures:

Due to too strong opponents I left the fighting areas I was and tried the smith again. This time he had ONLY Mythrill...

*AAAARGH*

Like I don't get that from every freaking dead bandit I meet...

So I got back to finishing some quests I left behind because I was about to cure my Vampirism (which still hasn't happened, damn collection quests), beginning with the Alleswell invisibilty quest.

So I went to the Fort, expecting the 2 mountain lions that where there @ lvl 9. 2 Rats! I am lvl 9 and they stuff Mountain Lions there, I am 17 and I get rats :blink:

Meet the "invisible" wizard (see screenshot...) and decided to do some more exploration in the fort. An easy to kill conjurer, another tougher one (who kept spawning Dremora Warrior-types) and a Daedroth (Dragontype Daedra) who went into a flurry with every hit a knockback the first time I met him :huh:. After 3 lost fights his tail got stuck in a door though (and also the only fight I had less only 2 impacts have the knockback), made him easy to kill. I really wish to get lvl 50 Blocking soon. According to the manual that is a must-have upgrade; but it goes so slow :(

So far this adventure.

Edit; looks like I missed all the fun :(

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You guys always find a way to make me laugh...

Through needless, childish bickering! :( And the sig stealing; pure fool's gold!

Yes, I felt the need to comment... :blink:

Anyway, Oblivion. What the hell? Lvl. 25 now and I haven't seen hide nor tail of any daedric items inside or outside of gates. :huh:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Wow, Deirdre gets Daedric stuff all the time now. Swords, Cuirasses, daggers, hammers, blah blah blah. Heavy stuff, though.

I prefer expensive items to be light. :Eldar's grinning at Lonewolf icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Damn it, where's my "withering glare" icon!?

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

I'm not trying to taunt you (much) but I was just playing and in the mages' guild quest where you must

go back and get that bloodwhatever helm

I fought a Draemora Valkynaz who dropped a Daedric mace, cuirass, boots, and greaves. :D

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

:lol: ... :)

Ah well. Gotta keep playing, I guess.

- Everlast

Your turn to taunt me. Anyone know where I can find master alchemical apperatus? It's driving me nuts. I haven't found a single one.

Obsidian Plays

How would this game run on a 2.4 pentiumC 478 pin with a gig of 3200 400mhz ram and a Geforece 6800GT BFG OC? Could i get most of the bells and whistles to run while running a steady framerate or is this game for uber machines like FEAR?

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

mkreku, you swine! :D Where did you find it?

TEETH, F.E.A.R. was a bit tougher on my system with everything running. You should be okay with it if you don't want all the bells and whistles running. Hell, even I don't have all the bells and whistles running.

Obsidian Plays

don't be jealous. keep in mind that he is at level 46+ and has played the game for well over 100 hours. you really want that stuff bad 'nuff that you would play that long?

maybe you would.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Oh, I could spend a hundred hours on the game. Not in the same amount of days as mkreku, but I could do it.

What I probably wouldn't do is keep with the same character up to level 46. Yikes. Still, they don't call it a sandbox for nothin'.

Obsidian Plays

Ive just made Grand Champion of the Arena and... :shifty:

It was so sad, poor Agronak. It wasnt even a fight, he just stands there begging you to kill him. I tried to figure out something to do wth him but you cant say anything to him, so I ended his life with a single quick wack of my sword. Is this the way its supposed to be done? Cant you save the poor guy? Tell him that its ok to be a half-vampire and its what you do that counts, not what you are?

:'(

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You're a bad, bad man Mr. Kreku. :'(

There should have been some other option.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It doesn't end there, my friend. Just wait until you see all the nonsense that rises from the end of this arc.

Obsidian Plays

I think Agronak

totally over-reacted. I mean, so he's a half-vampire. So what? There are thousands of teen goths that would sell their kidneys to be in his shoes!!

:ph34r:

But I agree that

there should have been more options regarding him. Like persuading him he shouldn't make such a big deal out of it or something like that.

Edited by Powerslave

One other thing where Oblivions "non-linear linear story" really buggs me is

that you cant join the thieves guild to go undercover and rat out the Grey Fox. It sems like either you join them full-on or you dont, thats your options, even though the game hints at you being able to do the good thing and see this heinious villain apprehended. With that, I cant do those quests because you get kicked out of the Fighters guild if youliecheatsteal

It doesn't end there, my friend.  Just wait until you see all the nonsense that rises from the end of this arc.

I dont like the sound of that. Maybe Im better off just loading an old save and never becomming Grand Champion? Oh, crap.. I just realised this seems to have triggered the Dark Brotherhood quest.. and Im playing a nice character :shifty:

I agree with you completely, Kaftan. It's not really open ended. There are many many places where you make one choice and, afterwards, you have no choice. Well, you can completely stop doing things, but you can't make an impact from within a story arc.

Obsidian Plays

Still, I didn't like Deus Ex:Invisible War because one could play one faction (like the main Denton one) right up until Liberty Island and then choose any ending you liked. Which was kinda silly.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm not trying to taunt you (much) but I was just playing and in the mages' guild quest where you must

go back and get that bloodwhatever helm

I fought a Draemora Valkynaz who dropped a Daedric mace, cuirass, boots, and greaves.  :D

(w00t)

post-2035-1145148535_thumb.jpg

Now, if only I could find the damn helmet and gauntlets...oh, and glass just started dropping like crazy. :wub:

- Everlast