Oblivion Thread

Fenghuang

Could be.... IF I used it :-"

No background programs running that can interfere as far as I can see...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I scratched my previous third run. The character was a bit different from usual, but I thought I'd give her a shot. After playing with her for about twenty minutes. I realized she was just plain ugly. I created a new third run character, named Catherine, and she's the best one of the bunch so far.

I'm quite shallow, but I want my character to look pretty.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Nothing works in this game for you.  I'm kind of surprised you still even attempt to play it.

The only things not working are sound effects (game issue), physics (game issue), the patch and the loot tables...

Why should I stop playing for that? :-

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Or the player ... ;)"

When did they add "harass the members" to the description?

And yes; the game is broken on several ways; but the rest is just too good to be bothered with it...

^

I think he's gently pointing out you do nothing but try and incite flame wars wherever you go on this board.

Ehm, no... when did that started to happen then ;)

Heck, it's what helped to nose you out of your mod position isn't it?

Yeah... I have learned my lesson NOT to discuss with Sue Happy Yankees. If you just flame the Europeans or the Consolelovers you atleast get to keep your task... ;)" (oh my, that was flaming was it not :o)

^

Or the player ... ;)"

When did they add "harass the members" to the description?

And yes; the game is broken on several ways; but the rest is just too good to be bothered with it...

I was merely making an obsevation that YOU seem to be having a disproportionate number of issues with Oblivion; so much so that logic behooves us to conclude that the problem is not with the game, but with your setup, or something that you are specifically doing (or not doing properly).

The humour was an added bonus.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

or something that you are specifically doing (or not doing properly).

True. I probably play the game paying more attention to broken thingies than the avarage player and on occassions try to do some stuff to see if the devs thought about preventing it.

There is probably a reason why I also had more bugs during my gameplay in KOTOR2 and Dungeon Siege2 than the avarage player, wouldn't it be (and then I mean non-technical issues)?

^

No, there are unlucky people who simply get the shaft in regards to certain titles. There's something about their computer composition, some arrangement of parts, an angry computer gaming god, or perhaps a combination of the above that conspires to make the title unplayable.

These people, in a fit of unholy rage, usually descend upon the boards with a zeal unsurpassed by the most religious of fanatics. They can't understand why the game doesn't work for them. They refuse to believe that most players don't encounter the same problems.

Now, Hassat is not one of these unhappy gamers. Our friend Hassat has been participating in the Oblivion threads since virtually the very beginning. He's been playing, taking detailed account, and posting pictures the entire time.

Darque, you think the game must have a problem because of Hassat Hunter's observations? Let me make an observation: this game has provided hours and hours of fun for Hassat Hunter. Not only has he enjoyed the game long enough to do a whole slew of tests, but also taken some pleasure in recounting his experience here on the message board.

Yes, it is clear that Hassat has some sort of agenda. Hassat seems to enjoy searching out or creating problems in order to discuss them here. That's true for Oblivion at the very least.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You are so correct it is scary...

^

Nothing works in this game for you.  I'm kind of surprised you still even attempt to play it.

The only things not working are sound effects (game issue), physics (game issue), the patch and the loot tables...

Why should I stop playing for that? :(

You just seemed to be chiming in about all the problems the game was having, issues, bugs, broken things and the like.

It sounded like you were pkaying the game just to show how bad and sloppy it is.

I actually see Hassat's posts as a kind of weird testament to Oblivion. I mean, he really likes to tinker with the game. On the other hand, I think he should put some of that effort into mod making. He clearly has the ability to stay on task.

Obsidian Plays

I've finally finished my upgrade (more memory, new PSU & video card) and got Oblivion to test it out. It's been running pretty well on 'medium' settings (what the auto-detect told me to use), with a tiny bit of lag in some outdoor areas, particularly if someone is holding a torch.

Anyhow, I'm 20 hours or so in, and having a blast. I'm playing a Breton archer-mage-thief (Major skills: Alchemy, Conjuration, Illusion, Light Armor, Blade, Marksman, and Sneak) and I'm up to level 9. I've followed the main quest up to the monastery in the mountains near Bruma (I did Kvatch at about level 5-6). I've also done a handful of Mages guild quests, and just started the Thieves guild line. I imagine that the game will eventually get tedious like Morrowind did (although the insta-travel will help with that), but for now it's got me hooked. My current annoyance (beside some vampires pretending to be vampire-hunters) is that I've been unable to find a mortal and pestle better than the "novice" one you pick up in the tutorial.

All right...I bought this game today, finally...along with some new headphones that sound much better. Now I can see what all the hoopla is about... :wub:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

All right...I bought this game today, finally...along with some new headphones that sound much better. Now I can see what all the hoopla is about... :wub:

A quick tip: save right before you get out of the first dungeon (city sewers) when the game allows you to reconfigure your character, so if your character doesn't feel that great later, you could always restart from that point.