Oblivion Thread

Fenghuang

I'd say wait to see if the patch fixes anything, whenever they release it.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

A patch, along with driver updates from ATI and Nvidia would be good.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

The same one I was running a year ago. :shifty:

It's almost identical to Llyranor's, a little better or worse CPU depending on whether I overclock it. Vid card's identical, RAM's the same quantity but probably better clockspeeds.

2500+ Athlon

1GB PC4000 Mushkin RAM

Radeon 9600XT card

Llyranor said he could run it but only in 800x600.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Nothing quite like realizing how fortunate you are to make your day better. Pentium Extreme D-core with HT 3.4ghz, 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM 667mhz, and X1900XTX 512MB PCI-E

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

They have already announced plans for a patch but I doubt they will make any real game-changing modifications - they'll just fix a couple of minor quest errors etc.

As for whether the game is worth it as it stands, that's open to discussion. :)

It has definitely been worth it for me. I have clocked 120+ hours by now and I'm still doing some odd quests and stuff. I am mostly looking for mods and game-enhancing stuff right now though, as I am thinking about restarting the game and doing another character build. My level 46 character only has like one or two levels left in him and he has become a bit stale (as there's really no unique equipment to be found anywhere, it seems).

I am hoping to find a mod that rebalances the game (Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul looks good so far), a mod that perhaps increases the gravity (for better traps, better jump feeling and better falling) and one mod that doesn't seem to have a name yet, but actually increases the texture quality of the game immensely (lost the link).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The same one I was running a year ago.  :)

It's almost identical to Llyranor's, a little better or worse CPU depending on whether I overclock it.  Vid card's identical, RAM's the same quantity but probably better clockspeeds. 

2500+ Athlon

1GB PC4000 Mushkin RAM

Radeon 9600XT card

Llyranor said he could run it but only in 800x600.

Don't compare my awesome rig to yours. :ph34r:

I don't remember if I said I was running it at 800x600 or not, because I don't remember which one it was at now, anyway. Either 800x600 or 1024x768. In any case, don't expect any eye candy. All settings were pretty much set on lowest. All that is irrelevant, of course, since the game ran very smoothly for the bulk of the game (the final battle kinda chugged a bit, but nothing unplayable) and loading times were minimal.

Other than the occasional crash, I didn't really run into any technical problems. I didn't find a patch necessary. I had the latest Catalyst drivers, too.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I have a number of mods on my Oblivion. Right now I got the game optimized for my computer though I do have slowdown if I have other programs active for some odd reason. :blink:

Of course if I tone it down a little I would probably get a better frame rate. Slowly but surely when I have the money for the new computer all will be good. MUST HAVE X1900 VIDEO CARD! *drool* :blink:

Nothing quite like realizing how fortunate you are to make your day better. Pentium Extreme D-core with HT 3.4ghz, 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM 667mhz, and X1900XTX 512MB PCI-E

Eeew Intel.

Oh yeah? Well I'm getting 25-40 FPS on all the highest settings, with HDR and 6xAA/16xAF enabled. :blink:

- Everlast