PS3 Price

karka

Well, the games I've been playing the most on my Playstation 2 are God of War, Psychonauts, Burnout 3: Takedown, NHL (any year), FIFA (any year), Fahrenheit, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, Resident Evil 4, Black, Toca Race Driver 2 & 3, Colin McRae Rally (all of them basically), Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (hey, it's fun in multiplayer), Killzone, Shadow of the Colossus and so on. None of them are anime in any kind.

If you're talking RPG's specifically, then it's another matter as 95% of all RPG's for the Playstation 2 are really crappy jRPG's.

Yeah, but most of those are available on other platforms, or shouldn't be purchased in the firt place. :huh:

The Playstations strength; the thing that differentiates it from other platforms, are the cliche anime/Japanese imports. I'm not knocking the system really, but despite the fact it will have a lazy mans DVD player, and you can play a bunch of old, dated games most people probably wouldn't replay anyway, it would be impossible to justify paying a price of over $150 for it if you generally disliked anime games.

I am hardly a console fanboi but when I see something good I state that it is good.

I wasn't adressing you, my dear judge :huh: Most people here like games, no matter the medium.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You bring it on yourself, by making outlandish statements about how poor the PS3 will be, yet you slavishly bought an Xbox 360 the moment it was released, despite the obvious drawbacks: like no games to play at launch.

:huh:

You assume too much and you're putting words in my mouth. I never once said the PS3 would be a bad console (really I didn't, I don't think I've even implied anything) I said two things really. "500 dollars my ass!" which was referring to the price people kept on telling me that the PS3 was going to cost and about how $1000 or $600 bucks isn't worth the convenience (of having to switch disks). Metadigtital it doesn't make you look too intelligent when you lie.

Your attempts at disingenuity might be more successful if you hadn't posted your opinion on this subject at great length, previously. :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You bring it on yourself, by making outlandish statements about how poor the PS3 will be, yet you slavishly bought an Xbox 360 the moment it was released, despite the obvious drawbacks: like no games to play at launch.

:)

You assume too much and you're putting words in my mouth. I never once said the PS3 would be a bad console (really I didn't, I don't think I've even implied anything) I said two things really. "500 dollars my ass!" which was referring to the price people kept on telling me that the PS3 was going to cost and about how $1000 or $600 bucks isn't worth the convenience (of having to switch disks). Metadigtital it doesn't make you look too intelligent when you lie.

Your attempts at disingenuity might be more successful if you hadn't posted your opinion on this subject at great length, previously. :)

Oh please quote me kind sir, I want facts. Not fracts.

Well, the games I've been playing the most on my Playstation 2 are God of War, Psychonauts, Burnout 3: Takedown, NHL (any year), FIFA (any year), Fahrenheit, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, Resident Evil 4, Black, Toca Race Driver 2 & 3, Colin McRae Rally (all of them basically), Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (hey, it's fun in multiplayer), Killzone, Shadow of the Colossus and so on. None of them are anime in any kind.

If you're talking RPG's specifically, then it's another matter as 95% of all RPG's for the Playstation 2 are really crappy jRPG's.

Yeah, but most of those are available on other platforms, or shouldn't be purchased in the firt place. :lol:

The Playstations strength; the thing that differentiates it from other platforms, are the cliche anime/Japanese imports. I'm not knocking the system really, but despite the fact it will have a lazy mans DVD player, and you can play a bunch of old, dated games most people probably wouldn't replay anyway, it would be impossible to justify paying a price of over $150 for it if you generally disliked anime games.

But you got to admit God of War and Shadow of the Colossus are pretty damn good games.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

PS anything = bad investment if you tend to dislike anime games.

The Playstations strength; the thing that differentiates it from other platforms, are the cliche anime/Japanese imports.

Is this the only argument you have to justify your view?

Anime artwork does not equal anime.

Come on man, I expected more from you. Atleast say they are not your cup of tea.

But you got to admit God of War and Shadow of the Colossus are pretty damn good games.

No idea, haven't played either of them. Third-person action games aren't really my thing anymore unless they're player vs player games.

@Haitoku: WTF that does mean? Anime is not just about the artwork, but it has a certain style all it's own. Far too much friggin excess. From excess mellowdrama, gore, feminity in male characters, cutesyness, boyishness/girliness, excessive cheese humor, to excessive weapon sizes, excessive anti-heroes, pretty much everything is done to ridiculous and ultimately annoying levels in the majority of anime.

Edited by StillLife

COWBOY FRIGGIN' BEBOP!

:)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

:D

A winning argument, no doubt about that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think what were laughing at was how far Cowboy Bebob is from all the things StillLife listed. BC, as far as I recall, isn't.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Also Samurai Champloo but that one's newer and hasn't gained as much of a following yet.  Watch it.  Now.

One of my favorites. Especially the Dutch episode. :D

kirottu said:

Also Samurai Champloo but that one's newer and hasn't gained as much of a following yet.  Watch it.  Now.

One of my favorites. Especially the Dutch episode. :D

"Soon, my homecountry will open up his assh*le to me"

Myes... :p

PS3 needs games with this kind of humor.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

:D

We're so off-topic.

kirottu said:

What was the topic? Oh PS3. I was thinking about getting a console and I can't decide which one, PS3 or X-Box 360. Whats the pros and cons of each?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

What was the topic? Oh PS3. I was thinking about getting a console and i can't decide which one, PS3 or X-Box 360. Whats the pros and cons of each?

Nada.

More games for you.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Xbox 360

---

Pros: It's out now.

Cons: It's actually an Xbox 1.5..

Playstation 3

---

Pros: Will introduce Blu-Ray DVD.

Cons: Ugly, madly expensive (probably) and late.

Revolution

---

Pros: Innovative, cheap (probably).

Cons: Cutesy Nintendo games, bad developer support (historically).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!