BioWare's MMO Studio

N'Al

What exactly is a 'Space Opera'?

I already explained that. To some degree.

It's when characters in a sci-fi space story have musical scores just for them. Luke's theme(when he looks at the 2 suns of Tatooine), Vader's theme, the imperial march, etc. Each piece of music is a theme for a character or group.

Wiki's : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Opera

Their description is ok but it describes to much Star Wars without mentionning music. This is not my opinion by the way but I read multiple times that music is an integral part of a Space Opera, specifically the themes.

However, Star Wars is the first and to my knowledge the only Space Opera so I guess Wiki's description is pretty accurate.

Edited by astr0creep

It's when characters in a sci-fi space story have musical scores just for them. Luke's theme(when he looks at the 2 suns of Tatooine), Vader's theme, the imperial march, etc. Each piece of music is a theme for a character or group.

Their description is ok but it describes to much Star Wars without mentionning music. This is not my opinion by the way but I read multiple times that music is an integral part of a Space Opera, specifically the themes.

However, Star Wars is the first and to my knowledge the only Space Opera so I guess Wiki's description is pretty accurate.

I see, Leitmotif is space. It's still a silly denomination though, wouldn't that make any film with a similar sound track an 'Opera' as well?

I see, Leitmotif is space. It's still a silly denomination though, wouldn't that make any film with a similar sound track an 'Opera' as well?

Yes. But no. Because it's Hollywood we're talking about and they live in their own little universe where sense rarely makes anything make sense.

Basically it sounded cool methinks...

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

No. Your knowledge is incomplete, e.g.: Flash Gordon.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You all are stil arguing about this? :-

IB1OsQq.png

Star Wars.... is...  FANTASY!  :-

Knights (Check!)

Princesses (Check!)

Subclass: Damsels in distress (Check!)

One dimensional villains (Check!)

Magic (Check!)

Dragons (Check!)

Weird races (Check!)

Guilds, classes, skills, etc. (Check!)

Heroes that are no more believable than the villains (Check!)

Henchmen to provide more skills/comic relief (Check!)

Smells like fantasy :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, I guess not telling the moderators who I was so I wouldn't be banned again was really dishonest. :(

I thought Alt accounts weren't allowed for anyone but moderators though. Why does Deadly_Nightshade/Lilandra get one?

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Alts are allowed unless used for misschief (last time I checked)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yeah, I guess not telling the moderators who I was so I wouldn't be banned again was really dishonest.  :shifty:

I thought Alt accounts weren't allowed for anyone but moderators though.  Why does Deadly_Nightshade/Lilandra get one?

They are two totally different people, trust me. I know Lilandra personally.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.