Oblivion Reviews start rolling in

kumquatq3

Yet you'll turn to the RPG Kotex for unbiased journalism?

Dear god, no, but i still prefer biased trolls over industry whores.

An elucidative strip:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20060120h.jpg

I'm not picking on Oblivion, BTW, i just don't thrust the press when it comes to games loaded with the smallest stretch of hype.

Black & White and NWN come to mind...

Edited by Lyric Suite

Why should major game reviewers be significantly biased? Besides a general interest that the game industry's healthy (continued sales?) and perhaps pressure by big companies (using influence for future preferential treatment for scoops, demos etc) I don't think they benefit from being significantly biased.

If they're consistantly biased upwards/downward across the board that's more pallateable than biased towards certain producers. At least the information's still relatively useful.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Well I'm sure the 10/10 from Eurogamer was some sort of "mistake"..

If you look at the review they actually use screenshots found on the game webpage. Theres not a single unique screenshot there.

At he moment i'd be inclined to go around 90 as long as you like the Elder Scrolls model. Then again I've only just escaped the sewers so it's hardly a comprehensive score.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, here's a question for everybody who's played: What would you rate Oblivion, on a scale of 1-100?

Personally, I'm thinking high 80's to the mid-90's.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

From gamespots PC review:

...these things combine to make Oblivion one of the single best, longest-lasting gaming experiences to be had in a long time. It's just too bad there's no multiplayer.

Just kidding.

I liked that :blink:

Well it's less brown than Morrowind so it's actually quite pleasent just riding around enjoying the countryside. Normally I walk or ride to locations and then fast travel back (very handy that).

It still has the same "Generic Cave X" feeling that Morrowind had and thats apparent after only a couple of said caves.

Tommorow I'm going to get on with the main quest.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

And the 'Codex gives it a 77% Despite the rather low score, the reviewer enjoyed it. It's on the main page.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Gamespy gave it 80%, shocker

I think the score is going to be a reflection of what you do. If you do a lot of wandering about then you will become aware of just how much sameyness there is across the locations.

Between 80 and 90 sounds about right.

478327[/snapback]

No matter your impressions on the game, for better or worse, some reviews are pretty pathetic.

Oblivion is an epic adventure, a milestone in gaming and a rare treat. That a game so complex and unashamedly hardcore has garnered so much attention from the mainstream gamers is a signal to many that dumbing-down and blinging-up everything isn

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)