Oblivion Reviews start rolling in

kumquatq3

If you have a good PC, gettign a 360 for Oblivion makes no sense. You'll be missing out on the mod community...

Well aside from the hassle of upgrading. I really dont have much interest in mods. I dont play specific games long enough to make it worthwhile.

Even when the mods are bound to fix a game Bethesda left in alpha state?

The only reason i played Morrowind is because of the mods, some of which were good enough to repair the game to a playable state...

The only reason i played Morrowind is because of the mods, some of which were good enough to repair the game to a playable state...

That remains to be seen. I can always return it if it dosnt meet my expectations.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

That remains to be seen. I can always return it if it dosnt meet my expectations.

The M0Ds will be extremely good... ;)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

No. nwn using something similiar to the BG games, the dialog.tlk file. It stores all of the dialogues, words for the game. They would not be comaptible because what is said, or the words in the game are difernet from the other.

Like if you install a bg1 mod into a bg2 game, it would **** up the dialog.tlk file.

I know it was high on the wish-list for NwN 2, but that doesn't preclude Bethesda from doing the same with Morrowind mods for Oblivion, hence my question. Which remains unanswered: just smothered in speculation ... :-"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Indeedy. But there is a lot of hype out there, and the firs wave doesn't necessarily cater to the mod community ... after all those guys are a captive market, and aren't the target of aggressive acquisition strategies: more solid defensive blocks. So it might have been drowned out in all the screaming about graphics, etc. :-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Gamespot scored it higher than IGN! WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?!!?

Gamespot 9.6 - 360 version, no PC review yet

IGN 9.3 - PC version

Right now it's the best game on the Xbox 360.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Its good but 9.3 good.  It is nowhere near an A level game.  It is a B level game sure, a low B level game.

Bull****. Half-Life 2 got a 9.2 from gamespot, and it's considered to be an AAA title by most critics. And Oblivion got a 9.6 on another system.