Why does everyone hate the Disciple?

Is it just because he has an annoying personality?

YES, WE HATES THE NASTY LITTLE DISCIPLE WE DOSE!!! :thumbsup:

(yes, he's the worst of tall of the NPCs... I recommend M0Ding your game if your going to play as a female...)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I hate him a lot..that's why in Kotor 2 i play Male Exile....handmaiden can kick his ***

I have tryed once with Darkside Female Exile....and i have enjoyed doing a force choke on him inside the Ebon Hawk >_< ...just to tell you i don't like his personality

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

I have tryed once with Darkside Female Exile....and i have enjoyed doing a force choke on him inside the Ebon Hawk :ermm: ...just to tell you i don't like his personality

And then you felt happy? :)

Yes...why?????.....it's just a game >_<

I have tryed once with Darkside Female Exile....and i have enjoyed doing a force choke on him inside the Ebon Hawk >_< ...just to tell you i don't like his personality

Yes... :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I have tryed once with Darkside Female Exile....and i have enjoyed doing a force choke on him inside the Ebon Hawk :ermm: ...just to tell you i don't like his personality

Yes...why?????.....it's just a game >_<

He's just like GJK, simply ignore him...

-Hurlshot

He's not made very well. For someone who is supposed to become a Jedi Consular, his wisdom score is terrible, and he doesn't have much in the way of skills.

If they made him a Guardian instead, then he wouldn't be nearly as crippled.

His ability to serve as a lab station is pretty much useless, since they are plenty of lab stations everywhere, and that you really aren't going to be using them that much anyways.

At least with Handmaiden, she can remain in her territory of smashing things, by becoming a Jedi Guardian, and that you can also get a very nice defense bonus when she teaches you Battle Precognition. With Disciple, you get no such bonuses.

I found Disciple to be a very good Consular, and being such also fits well with his history. Handmaiden's okay if you can put up with her childish attitude. :p

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

When i have a bad journey....i remove my anger on him :p

And Handmaiden..she's a better fighter than Disciple

And she can be a Sith too...so that's why i like her

Edited by LordRevan

Like Canderous say in Kotor 1:

''The will of the weak is to serve the will of the strong''

He's not made very well.  For someone who is supposed to become a Jedi Consular, his wisdom score is terrible, and he doesn't have much in the way of skills. 

If they made him a Guardian instead, then he wouldn't be nearly as crippled. 

His ability to serve as a lab station is pretty much useless, since they are plenty of lab stations everywhere, and that you really aren't going to be using them that much anyways. 

At least with Handmaiden, she can remain in her territory of smashing things, by becoming a Jedi Guardian, and that you can also get a very nice defense bonus when she teaches you Battle Precognition.  With Disciple, you get no such bonuses.

Not Battle Precognition, no, but you do get a bonus - you can meditate with him and restore your force points. When I played DS female Exile, I used to have Disciple and Kreia with me - Kreia for the bonus xp and Disciple to restore my force points.

And while he may not have the Handmaiden ferocity in combat, he can still unleash a lot of force powers as a consular. I never saw him as useless in combat.

I guess it's just a bit of a goody-goody who preaches ethics and morality all the time that people don't like him. I found him a bit annoying for that reason myself, but it's no big problem - I just didn't talk to him, which pretty much solved the problem.

It's the things he shouts in battle.  I think you all know which one I mean in particular.

Oh yes.

You've left me an opening!

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

He's just like GJK, simply ignore him...

GJK?

Was i really that rude? Then im sorry.

I didn't mean you were that rude, just that you sounded like you thought that what people did in games reflected their RL personality...

-Hurlshot

I have tryed once with Darkside Female Exile....and i have enjoyed doing a force choke on him inside the Ebon Hawk :) ...just to tell you i don't like his personality

you are learning well my apprentice give in to your anger...

Mmmmm....yes....i can feel the power of the darkside.....i will serve the darkside until the end :huh:

Edited by LordRevan

Disciple is okay. I don't really pay attention to his battle cries, I don't really care. He became an okay jedi as well. He has really high force points and his charisma is high as well which lets him use force powers without penality or without much. Also, I liked the fact that he can be trained to become a jedi super fast as for the handmadien, you have to spar with her 3 times before she can become a jedi.

I've never used Di as a force user. I'd lvl him up to 10 or 12 for feats and then turned him to Jedi for the saber. Oh sure, I gave him force lightning, I gave everyone force lightning...it's the only spell melee NPC's will use on their own just about.

Anyway, he kicked arse in melee. Worked for me. Not like NPC's have to work very hard to kick arse in Kotor2 anyway...

Edit: And yeah, most people don't like his personality or his voice. I like his voice tho...not his battlecries so much (they have comedic value tho...), his regular convo voice. He grew on me, to the point he's now equal w/Atton as my faves.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have tryed once with Darkside Female Exile....and i have enjoyed doing a force choke on him inside the Ebon Hawk :huh: ...just to tell you i don't like his personality

you are learning well my apprentice give in to your anger...

Mmmmm....yes....i can feel the power of the darkside.....i will serve the darkside until the end :-

:geek: