T.O.M.B.S: Vol. 5

I disagree, partly. I think the reason numbers remained so long was because everyone was following the norm. I for one would have made all my reports number-free if I had known there was a choice.

Baley, de-caf and de-wank. Two steps to sanity.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That's true. The numbers were the carryover from the early TOMBS days. At the time, from what I could tell, TOMBS was really the brainchild for a small group who lorded over the thing.

I've probably done more reports than anyone here and even when I was using the number system, and then foolishly creating another system, the text was always more important. That was where I really had my say. Some of the reports were meant to be funny, but they were always honest.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

That was where I really had my say.  Some of the reports were meant to be funny, but they were always honest.

I know and respect that. :(

Eh, I guess I shoudl do a report. It's been a while.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Instead, let me say that the realm of TOMBS is infinite.

The astrophysics guys and the philosophers are still arguing that one.

Threads and posts (and posters) seems to "disappear" every now and then, giving rise to the theory that the realm of TOMBS is not infinite :p"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

well there are treatments for an ego affliction... generally they have to do with the words "nude" "public" and "high" in them. oh and "memory"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'll write a review of you, baley. Do you want a trial or a regular review? Heh heh. I think I'll make Calax the prosecutor.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

On the Caribbean.

Bastard.

kirottu said:

The Subject of this report is Draken, aka Draken Fett

In the dark ages of TOMBS, there existed a mysterious lone bounty hunter under the identity of Draken Fett. As a ruthless and cunning hunter, he was feared throughout the Obsidian fora. But as time progressed, Draken Fett retired from the savage career of bounty hunting, gave up killing (for the time) and changed his name to "Draken".

Not one to be timid, Draken immediately made his presence known upon arrival to Obsidian. His first post also started his first topic which lasted 3 pages. Not bad for a first time, eh? The guy's got brass. And for that, the reviewer tips his hat. He hasn't started many topics since his arrival, but he's started good, sometimes surprisingly insightful topics, such as the Black/white discussion.

Draken came to Obsidian for the same reason many others do - KOTOR. The guy is a fan of SW and the KOTOR series, as evidenced by his former name "Draken Fett". Draken also enjoys art. In his early days, he was a frequent visitor of the KOTOR fanart forum, even inspiring other artists to include him in their SW artwork. Bravo! Yes, Draken was, and still is, a Bastila fan, perhaps one of the most imposing on this forum. And for that, the reviewer once again tips his hat. Though maybe not as much as he used to, he still visits the K2 section of Obsidian.

Kindness? He may not be Mr. Nice Guy, but Draken is definitely a nice guy. He doesn't flame, but at the same time can drop a witty, sometimes scathing post here or there, many times putting a fanboy in his place. He doesn't really debate, nor does he need to. He seems pretty intelligent, or at least is good at making it seem that way. But yes, Draken has proven to be quite witty at times. Posts like this:

*cough*Most over-whored Kreia quote ever*cough*

Sorry, I must have gotten a tickle in my throat.

Or this...

This thread is a big "hey, f*ck you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

Hahahaha!

Some interesting facts about Draken:

* He likes the Super Mario Brothers movie (it's okay, we forgive you)

* He likes peanut butter and pickle sandwhiches. Yummy!

* He likes to "cuddle" with his girlfriend. :blink: Not the most randy person to walk Obsidian, but Draken definitely likes his women.

* He once wore a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt in a corporate bigwig's office. If that isn't ballsy, I don't know what is.

* (I don't have a fifth fact yet)

* He at times goes by the guise of Baron von Kill, enemy of the ADS! :ph34r:

But all around, Draken is a cool guy. A great person to have a friendly chat with at any time. The reviewer is definitely glad to have met him and be able to call him friend.

:wub:

Edited by Mothman

Wait, someone has to do a report for me because I got back from the not-gay cruise.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

What cruise line was it?

I took a Royal Caribbean cruise a few years back and did a few exercise programs to get this bright yellow t-shirt that said "I'm Ship-Shape."

It's funny see, 'cause I got it on a ship.

I've also been on a Celebrity cruise, which also yielded a cool t-shirt: plain white with the words "I'm a Celebrity" on the front.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I took Royal Carrib Bean also. I ate a lot, but also, instead of the elevator, I took the stairs. So I lost three pounds.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

That is what happens when I get all caring and nice inside. My mind releases control of my body and I wake up in the Bizzaro Baley world furiously hitting the keys. Yuk.

Please understand that all that exists

Is neither simple nor complex,

It's neither good nor evil,

It has no morality, it has no beliefs, no gods, no children, no sexual libido.

Everything just is, on the sky, when bells vibrate

And women shout and scream and yell and holler

On winds of words as yet unknown.

My father had a needle in his arm for 3 whole months

I laid besides him, watching intensely,

Praying to gods I never believed in,

Inspired by the single most virulent poison of the blood,

Love.

And as I saw my father die besides me, spiritually wasted

Withering inside, glowingly antipathetic,

Swirling, sizzling, bulging in his cloth of clay and half-formed junk,

I covered my face and looked away.

"The Angels stole my electric guitar"

The old man in the ****house muttered under his breath

And then there were none

Anywhere.

I was alone, shivering, trembling, eyes barking at me,

Licking some poor chinaman's ear in search of the delicate sunflower of love

And then I raised my fist and crumbled it into the ground

In anger and frustration I was born anew

And said to myself, as I saw myself and welcomed myself

"You who are there! Prepare to fight!"

I opened my eyes as wide as I could

And laughed at the moon that shined with such magnanimity

That my balls dissolved in a cup of divine whisky

It was all so quiet, I plunged forward

And met myself halfway through

Released my sword, released my sword

As the moon shined above my head

I looked into the mirror image and smiled

My smile.

Edited by Baley

What the hell, Baley? It's beautiful. It brings a tear to my eye. Also, who the hell is the other Anonymous user?

Obsidian Plays